You Hit The Lotto.....what Cryptid Do You Hunt?

Guest Nalajr

Hey all,

I just watched a video about Orang Pendek.  I have read about him before and I find it pretty darn interesting.  I also am amazed that there are people that spend a great deal of their time living there and trying to prove it exists.

I started thinking about which one of these critters I'd start looking for if I had unlimited resources and time to do it.

The way I see it there are several possibilities:

1.  SASSY - right here in the USA and CANADA.

2.  Orang Pendek - Sumatra

3.  YOWIE - Australia

4.  Loch Ness Monster - Scotland

5.  OGO POGO - Lake Okanagan in British Columbia

6.  CHAMP - Lake Champlain in Vermont

7.  Yeren - China

8.  ALMASTY - Russia

9.  DOGMAN - Michigan and Wisconsin

10.  CHUPACABRA - Puerto Rico, Mexico

11.  BIG CATS - England, Scotland

12.  THYLACINE - Tasmania

13.  MOKELE MBEMBE - CONGO

OK, that's about all I can recall right now.  I'm sure there are LOADS of others to choose from.

I think if I were going to set out looking I would want to choose one that had a higher likelihood of success.  I think I would pick Orang Pendek or the Yeren.  Not many are looking for these 2 beasts, especially in China.  In Sumatra if you didn't locate OP, you'd have a lot of other interesting critters to look at to take away the boredom.

So, if you won the LOTTO and had all the money and time to devote, which cryptid would you choose to go after?

Nalajr

Without question, North American bigfoot. Hire a team of ex Special Forces and others trained in infiltration, stealth, and surveillance. Fund a small team of ten, or so. Make preparations for the extraction, research, and reveal.

Compose gotcha posting to JREF. Win/win.

Guest TexasTracker

Define "winning the lottery".... Adrian Ericson burned up a few million pretty easily... Wally H may be in that neighborhood also.

The Pterosaur in Papua New Guinea and bigfoot in this country. If I had that kind of money there would no reason why I counldn't do both.

I would look for my first love. We were 20 and broke. If we had unlimited funds we would have never split up. I was actually thinking about this "what if" question earlier today because I had a weird dream about her the night before. Over 20 years ago.... Sorry...

After getting back with her we would go "Destination Truth" style!!

So, if you won the LOTTO and had all the money and time to devote, which cryptid would you choose to go after?

8x8 Roosevelt elk.  I'd like the assistance of a bigfoot or two to help me get it back to the road.

MIB

Define "winning the lottery".... Adrian Ericson burned up a few million pretty easily... Wally H may be in that neighborhood also.

You don't have to be stupid with your winnings...hit the lotto and spend your time in the woods.  Doesn't matter if you find anything or not!!   :laugh:

I'm talking about full time looking for an extended period of time.  The vast majority of people can't afford to do that unless they live right next to a SASSY area.

The Thylacine still isn't recognized by any authorities so I put it in the CRYPTID category.  I do admit that it would be a hoot to search for it and if it didn't turn up after a while you could simply start looking for the YOWIE and that GIANT GOHANNA that some say is there.

FUN, FUN.

Nalajr

^^

so I put it in the CRYPTID category.  

Not recognized by any authorities?  

How so?  It was a living, breathing animal until about 1937. 

It has a very well-known history.  

The reason it's so hard to find now is ... it may be extinct. 

Edited by AaronD
removed quote of preceding post

I'd do #1, then recruit a team of them to help with #13 :D

3, 7 and 8 might be the same thing as 1, would only go after those if I lived nearer.

Don't hold much hope for lake monsters.

British  big cats are sorta uninteresting to spend much money on, they are suspected to be known species from escapes and releases.

The one thing with cryptid research though, if you've got money, don't let anyone KNOW..