You Hit The Lotto.....what Cryptid Do You Hunt?

Guest Nalajr

Not recognized by any authorities?  

How so?  It was a living, breathing animal until about 1937. 

It has a very well-known history.  

The reason it's so hard to find now is ... it may be extinct. 

I'm talking about NOW!  They are NOT said to be living TODAY!  That's why I put them on the list.

I like the word SASSY!!  Sounds better than BIGFOOT.  I also like SQUATCH too though.  I'll gladly accept monetary gifts to stop using the term though.

Nalajr

Without a doubt the North American Sasquatch , and to mention I believe proof of existence can be done for about 60,000 $  { most of that going to the ultrahigh definition thermal camera.  That would get rid of the ,, guy in suit ,, finger pointing and show tissue movement and maybe even blood flow under the skin if the new blood flow software works on thermal footage { witch I have heard is possible }.

If I had a second choice of something I could look into on my time off my sasquatch research it would be on the Orang Pendek.

Without question, North American bigfoot. Hire a team of ex Special Forces and others trained in infiltration, stealth, and surveillance. Fund a small team of ten, or so. Make preparations for the extraction, research, and reveal.

Compose gotcha posting to JREF. Win/win.

Almost exactly my own thoughts - though I think it would take a much larger team including at least one mobile HQ and round-the-clock helicopter support to canvas a large enough area. I'd move to the PNW and I would also act on the nonprofit idea in my signature.

Without a question, I would dramtically up my funding to my favorite BF research group. I really believe they are close to proof they just need a little more time than intermittantly in the field.

Guest TexasTracker

There are some pretty interesting reports out of the most remote areas of southwestern Russia... Almasty could be nasty !!!

True story.. My 45 year old neighbor is from Estonia and was Spetsnaz at some point during his conscription. He was recruited at some point by the you know who and was sent to a psychiatric hospital in Siberia for "reconditioning". He escaped at some point and lives across the street from me. I never realized how many Russian people lived my city(Charleston SC) until I met him and his wife. He is a nice guy who I will talk squatch with sometimes. He feels the cave is Siberia where the Almas evidence was discovered recently is a story to bring tourism to the region.

On a side note my research buddy is a 24 yrs. in SF(Green Beret) ex sniper who has shown me the art of patience, something I am in  short  supply of...

Edited by Hellbilly

Ha, I have never said  "at some point" so much!

Congrats Norseman on your steering committee selection.

Edited by Hellbilly

Guest JiggyPotamus

I suppose I would look for bigfoot regardless of the amount of money I had. However, IF we are talking about tens of millions of dollars, or the crazy hundreds of millions that have been seen in the past, I would not mind pouring millions and millions into such an endeavor. I imagine it would be easy to do as well, with the initial investment of equipment and personnel required.

I have long dreamed up ways that would be best for going about an expedition of this nature, and have come to different conclusions at different times. There are just so many ways one could proceed, from the simple to the complex. I suppose that the most logical way to proceed would be to try different methods in various locations. We have talked in the past about setting up blinds high in the trees, and having them manned for stretches of months, with the investigator never leaving the blind at all. Indeed the treehouse would have to be fairly well hidden, de-scented or naturally scented somehow, and made comfortable enough to spend so much time in.  The bathroom situation may be the most difficult to solve, lol, but it could be figured out.

And then there would be all types of electronic help for the researcher. Have a dozen of these in strategic locations, and they will eventually hit pay dirt, statistically speaking, if they are manned all the time. And then in another location one could send people to just go out, armed with cameras of the highest quality, and with telephoto zooming technology, and just see if they can find anything. If someone is equipped with the highest  caliber of zoom on their camera, I would think that is the best way to capture sasquatch evidence. The sasquatch would never see the person, yet the images or video would be quite close in appearance, despite the distance. I am assuming there is some good technology out there for this, and with such a great amount of funding, this tech could be procured for all researchers.

I would also like to use camera traps, but not the conventional kind. I would like to use the extra small type of camera, and just have all the accompanying wires or whatever in a box that could be buried. It could be rigged to take video all the time, and then it could be filtered through software that captures any type of movement on the screen. That software is very cool, and it is what some ghost hunters use, so that they don't have to stare at a screen and look for minute changes that are very easy to miss.

There are probably all kinds of other technologies that would aid in hunting bigfoot as well. Honestly, if it wasn't bigfoot I was looking for, I would probably be searching the oceans of the world, although not for anything in particular. Just something large that lives at depth, that we haven't discovered before. But you know, working out on the ocean like that, your money is going to dry up a whole lot faster than hunting bigfoot on land. There is no getting around that. The Loch Ness monster would be cool to hunt, if it exists at all, but I doubt that the visibility of the lake would permit any thorough search. Sonar maybe could be used, but that still won't give you much in the way of visual evidence. Divers and cameras cannot see far enough to be of any use. 

If she is there, she is probably not a plesiosaur or something similar, at least in my opinion. She is probably something similar to an eel. Maybe an oarfish or something.

I saw a video last week where a company has invented a drone that can stay over a target for 5 YEARS without landing.  It's a PLANE and not a blimp.  They talked about some of the uses for it like surveillance, crops, nature, etc..

Unbelievable!

I don't know how useful it would be to look for SASSY since so much of his habitat is thick woods with heavy cover.  Maybe with the right sensors and gear it could detect something.

If I hit the Powerball, I will get one and turn it loose to search for SASSY and end this mystery once and for all.

Nalajr