Why Can't We Discover A Bf Body?

Guest Tsalagi

They may eat or bury their dead. Question - how many bear & cougar skeletons have you found out in the woods? For instance in the Smokies the experts say there are now more black bear living in the mountains than ever before in the history of the area. I always thought there would have to be more bear back in the days when the Smokies belonged solely to the Cherokee. But no experts say hardly anyone hunts bears anymore so their population is enormous these days. With that said the average local resident or hiker has still never seen a bear in the Smokies let alone a bear skeleton. So if bear and their skeletal remains escape detection what makes people think Bigfoot remains would be so easy to come by?

BTW- when I was a kid I and my parents came across the partial remains of something when we were in North Carolina. My parents were terrified. We never knew what we had stumbled onto. I'd love to talk to someone about that. :unsure:

Guest Kronprinz Adam

We just aren't looking in the right places. But, where are the right places? That is the question.

Wise answer!! ;)

'Tsalagi' said:

BTW- when I was a kid I and my parents came across the partial remains of something when we were in North Carolina. My parents were terrified. We never knew what we had stumbled onto. I'd love to talk to someone about that. :unsure:

Susi says: I would be happy to listen to whatever you may have to say.I've had enough odd experiences that I don't ever think someone is wrong about a sighting. A misidentification is always possible.

You can PM me if you wish not to have your thoughts public.

Guest Sallaranda

They may eat or bury their dead. Question - how many bear & cougar skeletons have you found out in the woods? For instance in the Smokies the experts say there are now more black bear living in the mountains than ever before in the history of the area. I always thought there would have to be more bear back in the days when the Smokies belonged solely to the Cherokee. But no experts say hardly anyone hunts bears anymore so their population is enormous these days. With that said the average local resident or hiker has still never seen a bear in the Smokies let alone a bear skeleton. So if bear and their skeletal remains escape detection what makes people think Bigfoot remains would be so easy to come by?

How old were you, roughly?

When I was about 8~10 I had my first *bigfoot* sighting. It was on a roadtrip with my parents through the PNW. I believe we were in either Oregon or Wisconsin at the time. On the left side of the road I saw a tall dark animal walking through the trees. I immediately shouted to my parents and asked if they saw it. My mom genuinely never saw it, but my Dad sort of hesitated then told me it was just a black bear. My dad is a very honest man, but in that moment I could tell he was lying (or equivocating if I want to give him the benefit of the doubt).

To this day it has bothered me that my father the skeptic has potentially seen a Bigfoot but chosen to deny it. It's frustrating. Furthermore, it makes me question my own experience at such a young age.

Anyways, point I'm trying to get to is that I may be somebody you could talk to.

To this day it has bothered me that my father the skeptic has potentially seen a Bigfoot but chosen to deny it. It's frustrating. Furthermore, it makes me question my own experience at such a young age.

If you don't believe in it, you won't see it. Your brain will toss it off as a black bear or a shadow from a weird tree or whatever. That may sound hokey, but its true. Say you've only ever heard of someone describe a black tailed deer to you, and you don't believe this person, and suddenly one crosses in front of you while driving. Your brain will register "Oh thats something odd", but it won't register "OH thats a black tailed deer", so you'll apply what you do know, a white tailed one to apply some logic to the encounter.

Guest Tsalagi

Anyone watching Monster Quest that is on right now 10pm EST? Its a rerun but I had forgotten about this one. But concerning why hasn't a body been found...they experimented how long it would take for a deer to disintergrate in the forest. Experts estimated it would take about a month for the hair and flesh to disappear, but their time lapse photography showed it took 7 days for most of the remains of the deer to be consumed, mostly by insects then leaves would cover up any remaining bones that larger scavengers didn't carry off.

Guest Tsalagi

Susi says: I would be happy to listen to whatever you may have to say.I've had enough odd experiences that I don't ever think someone is wrong about a sighting. A misidentification is always possible.

You can PM me if you wish not to have your thoughts public.

I appreciate the offer to PM, I thought about it, but then after seeing two were interested in hearing then I don't mind posting it here. I'm not saying I necessarily believe this had anything to do with Bigfoot, just that it was weird what we came across. I was traveling in I think NC with my parents when I was around 8-9 years old. We stopped at a fairly remote rest stop. I say remote because this wasn't a high traffic area, wasn't the type of rest stops with huge parking lots, etc and there were no other people around. We were walking around a bit to stretch our legs and for some reason we started poking around on the grounds instead of walking the sidewalk. I recall it was heavily vegetated and plants were grown up quite a lot so it apparently didn't get mowed often. Knowing my mother we may have started poking around in the brush to look for blackberries because she had us picking berries whereever we went! lol Anyway I was walking along with dad and we smelled something really bad. My dad went towards where he thought the smell was coming from and I followed.

We peered over some brush and there was this flatten down area in the grass that was covered in tons of reddish brown hair. What was so bizarre is there was enough hair to fill up the bed of a small pickup truck and the grass was splattered in blood. The hair was probably around 6-8 inches long and was laying in large clumps. It was windy and there was hair blowing in the wind. It was darn creepy. There wasn't any bones or flesh, just hair and blood. The thing is normally it being in mountains I would just think it was a bear, but black bears do not get anywhere near as big as one would need to be to have that much hair on it. It would have to be a really large grizzly to have that much hair, but grizzlys as far as I know don't live in the Southeast. My dad commented it looked like too much remains for a bear, but he didn't know what it could be. My mom said "could it be Bigfoot" then she ran back to the car and said she wanted to go. Mom is Native American btw. Dad only said he felt whatever it was had gotten into a bad fight to get all its hair ripped out like that and whatever got it would have to have been even larger. It smelled really, really bad, but yet it appeared to only be tons of fur with some blood. So I don't know if we were smelling the animal or the decomposition, but then again there wasn't much blood. I'm fairly certain this was in NC. We traveled only a few states when I was that age, so the only possibilities are NC, TN, GA, SC or FL. Oh and one other thing this seemed "fresh" as in it looked as if the hair had just come off the animal. I've since seen many animals decomposing and see how the hide and hair gets all yucky and black after a day or so. This was mahogany red hair and not matted.

Oh, Wow,Thank you so much for posting that odd encounter.

You only remember seeing loose hair clumps, but no bones or identifiable body parts?

Just lots of hair. If your mom said it was a BF, I believe that she could be correct.

A larger BF may have taken out a younger male encroaching on *his* territory.

Yikes, That had to be scary. I would have gathered up the kids and left also :blush: very quickly.

Guest Tsalagi

Oh, Wow,Thank you so much for posting that odd encounter.

You only remember seeing loose hair clumps, but no bones or identifiable body parts?

Just lots of hair. If your mom said it was a BF, I believe that she could be correct.

A larger BF may have taken out a younger male encroaching on *his* territory.

Yikes, That had to be scary. I would have gathered up the kids and left also :blush: very quickly.

Yes just tons of hair with blood was all we saw. No bones, no innards. If I didn't know better I'd have thought Sasquatch got ahold of an electric razor and shaved all his hair off for summer. It was amazing amount of hair clumped together as if one animal had ripped another animals hair out by the roots in handfuls. Plus the smell was BAD...yet other than some blood there was nothing that should have smelled if it was just a dead animal. So I've wondered if it was his scent we smelled and not rotting carcass. I need to talk to my dad and see if he remembers this and has anything to add. He is very old though and getting forgetful. I will try to ask him this week though.

Yes just tons of hair with blood was all we saw. No bones, no innards. If I didn't know better I'd have thought Sasquatch got ahold of an electric razor and shaved all his hair off for summer. It was amazing amount of hair clumped together as if one animal had ripped another animals hair out by the roots in handfuls. Plus the smell was BAD...yet other than some blood there was nothing that should have smelled if it was just a dead animal. So I've wondered if it was his scent we smelled and not rotting carcass. I need to talk to my dad and see if he remembers this and has anything to add. He is very old though and getting forgetful. I will try to ask him this week though.

I absolutely will be looking out for your response from your dad. Even if your dad is getting forgetful, a unusual event such as the one you both experienced may have stuck around in his head. At least I hope so. I will keep an eye out for any new posts here.

Thank you so much for your amazing true story. That had to be frightening.

I wonder if anyone could have identified the remains of what you observed since it sounds like it was only hair and blood.

Is there any way of locating some of that hair, or is everything gone? :(

Anyone watching Monster Quest that is on right now 10pm EST? Its a rerun but I had forgotten about this one. But concerning why hasn't a body been found...they experimented how long it would take for a deer to disintergrate in the forest. Experts estimated it would take about a month for the hair and flesh to disappear, but their time lapse photography showed it took 7 days for most of the remains of the deer to be consumed, mostly by insects then leaves would cover up any remaining bones that larger scavengers didn't carry off.

I also watched that program. I was shocked at how quickly the body *disappeared*.

No wonder we can't locate BF bodies. Now we know why! :blink:

That's just too bad for you investigators, and people who just hope to get lucky like I'm hoping to do.

Since the weather is getting better in Kentucky, I'm hoping that hubby and I can do some walking around the Morton's Gap area where a BF was recently spotted, and backed up with footprints.

I appreciate the offer to PM, I thought about it, but then after seeing two were interested in hearing then I don't mind posting it here. I'm not saying I necessarily believe this had anything to do with Bigfoot, just that it was weird what we came across. I was traveling in I think NC with my parents when I was around 8-9 years old. We stopped at a fairly remote rest stop. I say remote because this wasn't a high traffic area, wasn't the type of rest stops with huge parking lots, etc and there were no other people around. We were walking around a bit to stretch our legs and for some reason we started poking around on the grounds instead of walking the sidewalk. I recall it was heavily vegetated and plants were grown up quite a lot so it apparently didn't get mowed often. Knowing my mother we may have started poking around in the brush to look for blackberries because she had us picking berries whereever we went! lol Anyway I was walking along with dad and we smelled something really bad. My dad went towards where he thought the smell was coming from and I followed.

We peered over some brush and there was this flatten down area in the grass that was covered in tons of reddish brown hair. What was so bizarre is there was enough hair to fill up the bed of a small pickup truck and the grass was splattered in blood. The hair was probably around 6-8 inches long and was laying in large clumps. It was windy and there was hair blowing in the wind. It was darn creepy. There wasn't any bones or flesh, just hair and blood. The thing is normally it being in mountains I would just think it was a bear, but black bears do not get anywhere near as big as one would need to be to have that much hair on it. It would have to be a really large grizzly to have that much hair, but grizzlys as far as I know don't live in the Southeast. My dad commented it looked like too much remains for a bear, but he didn't know what it could be. My mom said "could it be Bigfoot" then she ran back to the car and said she wanted to go. Mom is Native American btw. Dad only said he felt whatever it was had gotten into a bad fight to get all its hair ripped out like that and whatever got it would have to have been even larger. It smelled really, really bad, but yet it appeared to only be tons of fur with some blood. So I don't know if we were smelling the animal or the decomposition, but then again there wasn't much blood. I'm fairly certain this was in NC. We traveled only a few states when I was that age, so the only possibilities are NC, TN, GA, SC or FL. Oh and one other thing this seemed "fresh" as in it looked as if the hair had just come off the animal. I've since seen many animals decomposing and see how the hide and hair gets all yucky and black after a day or so. This was mahogany red hair and not matted.

BTW, As soon as I can use my positive point, I posting one here for your post. Your posts are so well thought out, and very informative IMHO. :wub: Thank you!

Edited by Susiq2

Guest Inquisitor Jake

Just wanted to reply real quick(in school right now :ph34r: )

Heck theres theories that they burry thier died.

I hope that you are *out* of school. Please don't get in trouble for posting stuff here while you are in school. I look forward to seeing you around here, however, (*after* school, okay>)you will find lots of amazing topics, plus the people here are just wonderful people, salt of the earth types, and nice to *hang out* with, and know so much about BF and Patty, plus the species. Imagine knowing so much without a body, but from visual observations, reports, history, and some of their own personal encounters.I'm planning on going out to a place near us where BF has been seen, and I would love to get a picture before I died of fright should hubby and I encounter one :( ..I'm such a chicken sometimes, Imagine, an animal that out weighs me by perhaps 1000 pounds, and is at least 4-5 feet taller than I am, and can run faster. Now tell me why I'm terrified? :blush::rolleyes:

Where did you hear about burying their dead?

Has that been observed, or is it an educated guess on a researcher's part?