Why Can't We Discover A Bf Body?

Tsalagi said:

Considering how much they stand to lose every time they choose to be belligerent it stands to reason they would only get this way when people are about to stumble in on their home territory.

Otherwise why risk exposure and detection by attacking with rocks or chasing, etc.

Susi says:

The occasions I heard about happened along well traveled trails.

I am not saying hundreds of people a day hiking the trail, but nonetheless, well traveled, and the hikers may have just gotten in the way of a protective BF who did not want humans in that area for some reason.

People have been able to hike the trails safely after that occurrence,

so something occurred that caused a BF to chase people off that day.

One report was a man , wife and 2 or 3 young children being absolutely terrorized by a BF, and they all had to run for their lives back down a trail that they had hiked before in total peace.

BF moves around, and the paths stay in place, so the next day the path may have been safe again.

Edited by Susiq2

Guest BuzzardEater

The Carrier Nation was a nomadic people, so named because deceased could only be buried on holy ground and would be carried back to winter camp if they died out in the field. The Sasquatch people learned everything they do from the Carriers, according to the old stories.

Guest Kane2002

A few years ago there was quite a long thread about a cave in Northern Arizona. The discussion was wheather the bed in the cave was made by a Bigfoot. I believe it was found on a BFRO expedition. I lost contact with the forumns and drifted away, but does anyone know if it was ever resolved? BF or not BF that is my question. Again to my knowledge the best maps by state are with the BFRO. In WA I have always tried to follow up on reported sightings in hope the BF is still in the area. I am not pluging the BFRO. I just use their data base. As far as anyone finding a body I think it will be very unlikely. Perhaps a recent road kill. But it would have to be recent as I believe his family would take the body away for a private wake and funeral.

Edited by Kane2002

I agree about a recent road kill. I wonder what do you do with a thousand pound dead animal who looks sorta human?

Would the carcass belong to the car's owner, or the state/city government?

How to store it could be a problem. Yikes!!

Guest Tsalagi

A few years ago there was quite a long thread about a cave in Northern Arizona. The discussion was wheather the bed in the cave was made by a Bigfoot. I believe it was found on a BFRO expedition. I lost contact with the forumns and drifted away, but does anyone know if it was ever resolved? BF or not BF that is my question. Again to my knowledge the best maps by state are with the BFRO. In WA I have always tried to follow up on reported sightings in hope the BF is still in the area. I am not pluging the BFRO. I just use their data base. As far as anyone finding a body I think it will be very unlikely. Perhaps a recent road kill. But it would have to be recent as I believe his family would take the body away for a private wake and funeral.

I know which report you are talking about. I lived the past 12 years in Northern AZ and just recently moved away so very aware of all the reports and stories there. The cave was in Williams. To best of my knowledge this case was never resolved, at least not publicly. I thought there was suppose to be an expedition in summer 2008 that included that area, but nothing was ever published concerning that expedition which really upset me since I have called and reported encounters to BFRO. Not that they actually were honestly that interested it in what I had experienced it seemed, though the reporter did tell me some interesting stories from area that I've never seen published just like mine weren't.

Edited by Tsalagi

Oh, Tsalagi, I'm so sorry that you have experienced these problems.

I sincerely hope that you will find help and advice here from trained trackers and woodsmen who know how and why things need to be done for safety sake and to document the existence of BF.

We are proud to have you here as a member.

I'm no outdoors man/woman, but if I can ever advise or assist you in any way I will be happy to do so.

Hugs to you from me.

BTW, Please post your stories here, and will you let me know when your stories are posted? Thanks, I really look forward to reading them.

I agree about a recent road kill. I wonder what do you do with a thousand pound dead animal who looks sorta human?

Would the carcass belong to the car's owner, or the state/city government?

How to store it could be a problem. Yikes!!

All wildlife are de facto property of either the state or Federal government. You may not take or possess any wild animal or part thereof without permission and only within the bounds of that permission.

Guest Sallaranda

All wildlife are de facto property of either the state or Federal government. You may not take or possess any wild animal or part thereof without permission and only within the bounds of that permission.

Yeah, but someone with possession of a Bigfoot wouldn't care about those laws in the least bit. They'd probably want to milk as much money out of it as possible.

I agree, for the most part. However, several years ago my state opened possession of deer and elk antlers. In fact, I'm eagerly anticipating getting into the woods any day now in search of the elusive morel mushroom, and finding deer sheds is a real bonus while 'shroom hunting.

Guest Tsalagi

Depends on the state. Road kill is legal in some states. I know it is in Tennessee and whatever you kill by car or find along the road is yours for the keeping.

Guest ajciani

I have been out in the woods quite a bit, and I will provide a photographic tour of why we don't find bodies.

March 29, 2011: Here are some bones of a deer I found on top of the leaf litter. This is in a flood plain, and the kill was probably rather recent; maybe within a month. The ground was still clean of footprints from the river's last swell. These three bones were all I found of it. These were off the beaten path, and the only bones I found in about 2 acres of forested area.

deer1_1.jpgdeer1_2.jpg

http://wolfgang.phy.uic.edu/~tony/bones/deer1_3.jpg

March 30, 2011: Here is a piece of a deer bone lying in some prairie. This was the only bone found of the deer. Seemed only a few months old. That day, I explored about 6 acres of mixed forest and prairie, off trail.

deer2_1.jpg

April 7, 2011: Unknown bit of vertebra. Explored about 11 acres that day, maybe more. Blew along quite a bit of marked trails, but this was off in the woods. Again, only that bit of vertebra was seen.

http://wolfgang.phy.uic.edu/~tony/bones/unknown1_1.jpg

April 11, 2011: Unknown bit of bone. Probably a splintered long bone from a deer. Seemed pretty fresh. Nice, white, smooth, and still seemed to have some moisture in it. No weathering. Only bit of bone I found. I easily explored 60 acres off trail that day.

unknown2_1.jpg

April 13, 2011: A bit of deer bone. Only piece of it I found, just sitting on the grass. This was off-trail some. Only explored about 4 acres that day (off trail, walked about a mile on trail). Actually found some footprints coming out of a viaduct for a creek, but no idea if they were human or biggie. Seems a little weird for a human to walk out of a creek filled viaduct, but yah never know.

deer3_1.jpg

April 14, 2011: Explored a large area, mostly along horse trails. Probably walked a good 4 miles, and explored an area greater than 100 acres on and off trail. Found the remains of a horse. Notice the chew marks from some rodents on the radius. This was right off the trail. Probably an animal that took a fall and was put down. Very little of the skeleton was found. Just the top of the hips, and less than half the long leg bones.

horse1_1.jpghorse1_2.jpg

A bone of a deer. This was all we found of it. Again, right off the trail.

http://wolfgang.phy.uic.edu/~tony/bones/deer4_1.jpg

First deer skull I've found in a long time. Well, most of a deer skull. That and a piece of the hips, I think. That was it, nothing else of that deer. Again, right off the trail.

http://wolfgang.phy.uic.edu/~tony/bones/deer5_1.jpg

I'm sure their should be a body that goes with all this deer fur. Also found right off the trail (you can see the rut in the trail).

http://wolfgang.phy.uic.edu/~tony/bones/deer6_1.jpg

Something in this particular forest preserve really likes eating the deer, and has no problems doing so right on the trails.

So the lesson to learn is that yes, bits and pieces of bones can be found in the woods, but you better get to them fast. I have never ever found anything that could be called a "body", except for road kill. Also, deer are extremely common out there. On that April 14th walk, we saw no fewer than 12 deer. In none of these explorations, have I ever seen less than 3 deer. On the April 11th one, I even saw a coyote. The thing bolted across an abandoned road, just behind some people walking their dogs. It was gone in two seconds. I almost didn't even see it.

I have perhaps only once ever found a coyote skull, but no other bones of one. Never found bones of any type of cat or bear. I am beginning to think that the only bones I will ever find in the woods are those of deer.

I did once find the bones of what was probably a small cow while searching off trail. Again, probably less than 10% of the skeleton.

The horse is a weird one. I'll have to ask at the stables if anyone knows when it was put down. A horse is a substantial animal, but that body could have vanished in less than a year.

Well maybe we aren't looking in the right places. The hypothesis that bigfoots bury their dead is fascinating.

What if they dispose of corpses in bodies of water? I haven't heard that possibility discussed.

Edited by Carl

Guest Tsalagi

The horse find just seems weird. If someone did have an ailing horse would they dispose of it by taking it out in woods, shooting it and leaving it? Sure I know in the old west people shot old horses, but they had hundreds of acres of open land so its decomposing body wouldn't make such a stink.

Guest ajciani

I'm thinking that the horse may have broken an ankle or something while being ridden. There is no (legal) way they could have trucked it out of there. I will ask at the stable office if anyone knows about it.