Why Can't We Discover A Bf Body?

Guest Inquisitor Jake

Oh trust me, if me and a biggie ever met up I would not wanna sit and chat. ^_^

(BFRO link) ) debated yes, but its seems to go right along with how people think these things have a higher intelligence then what we think. So all in all I would say an eduacated guess.

Edited to change link text

Edited by Inquisitor Jake

Guest Tsalagi

Just wanted to reply real quick(in school right now :ph34r: )

Heck theres theories that they burry thier died.

The thing I caught a glimpse of looked very man-like, as in ancient man. So I have no problem with believing they bury their dead. There is good reason to do this between avoiding detection, preventing disease and possibly even showing respect. I would say also avoiding smell, but it appears bad smells don't bother him :rolleyes: since he stinks himself. I don't know if apes and monkeys bury dead, but I personally don't believe the real Bigfoot is ape. I believe Skunk Ape is ape and that he is not Bigfoot but merely being lumped together as the same creature when they are two separate.

PS to Susiq2: I am going to try to visit Dad this evening and will try to ask him if he remembers the "hair incident".

Guest cdobranski

Bones not in the shape of a large human could also be looked at as something diffent. If all the bone are not intact and the skull isnt visble who will be albe to tell that its from a bigfoot or a elk?

Guest BuzzardEater

An extinct tribe, the Beotuk, native to Newfoundland boiled the bones of caribou, to free thier spirits. Some factions ate the marrow stew to capture the animal's power (good magic).

Bones not in the shape of a large human could also be looked at as something diffent. If all the bone are not intact and the skull isnt visble who will be albe to tell that its from a bigfoot or a elk?

Well that was a huge V-8 moment!! Thanks!! :lol:

Tsalagi said:

PS to Susiq2: I am going to try to visit Dad this evening and will try to ask him if he remembers the "hair incident".

Susi says:

I'm holding on to hope that he will remember that event, and can add his input.

Thanks for asking him :wub: You, young sir, are a sweetie.

Guest Tsalagi

Tsalagi said:

Susi says:

I'm holding on to hope that he will remember that event, and can add his input.

Thanks for asking him :wub: You, young sir, are a sweetie.

Actually I'm female. lol Anyways I did ask him and he has no recollection of the event or the trip at all. I was afraid of this. I've wondered for some time if he is getting alzheimers or something else since there are many, many things he no longer remembers including people we used to know and even that I went to college. He has trouble sometimes with finding words, so I'm very saddened that many of the places we used to go and things we did he has forgotten.

Guest Kane2002

I think that if we want to find Sasquatch, we have to find where he goes to dine. Then by expanding that dia. we can find his nest and his burial grounds. Since I believe that they follow food sources it will not be easy to do. They may migrate but they should have a home range. Also what happens to them in the winter? We know bear hibernate to an extent. Do Sasquatch? I recently found out that bear hibernate not due to the cold, but due to the lack of food. So those in the South would sleep for a much shorter time then those in the North. And so should Sasquatch. But they all have to eat. So I am going to look for available food sources and then for the tracks. If there are no tracks, no Sasquatch, and no burial grounds.

Guest Tsalagi

I think that if we want to find Sasquatch, we have to find where he goes to dine. Then by expanding that dia. we can find his nest and his burial grounds. Since I believe that they follow food sources it will not be easy to do. They may migrate but they should have a home range. Also what happens to them in the winter? We know bear hibernate to an extent. Do Sasquatch? I recently found out that bear hibernate not due to the cold, but due to the lack of food. So those in the South would sleep for a much shorter time then those in the North. And so should Sasquatch. But they all have to eat. So I am going to look for available food sources and then for the tracks. If there are no tracks, no Sasquatch, and no burial grounds.

I don't think they hibernate. When I lived in Northern Arizona where there are many, many reports those sightings happened year round. It appeared they did what the elk and deer do and migrate to lower elevation during winter, say 5000 ft versus 7000 ft. A BFRO researcher told me they found elk ripped in half in a way unlike anything humans or other animals do so they thought BF ate a lot of elk hence a good reason to migrate as the elk migrate out of the snow. From what I have gleaned from researchers BF eats mostly meat thus the food source is not as scarce as you might think. Plants and berries are just seasonal additions to his diet. The time I got lost in Northern AZ and was followed in the woods for hours by something big stomping around it was in February. I do also recall some older reports of BF in the Smoky Mtns in winter time as well.

There may be enough large wild animals to keep BF surviving in the lower areas of the Smokies.

High snow cover would drive them lower I suspect.

If starving I believe that BF could kill a human to eat for his survival.

What do you guys think? Would a BF kill a human to avoid starvation?

Should we start a topic about that? Yikes!!

Edited by Susiq2

If starving I believe that BF could kill a human to eat for his survival.

What do you guys think? Would a BF kill a human to avoid starvation?

Only in B horror movies im afraid...

Then again there are many documented cases of people eating people when put in ultimate survival situation (Donner Party, "Alive", Cannibals etc)....

So who knows...

Actually its probly like that old joke- What does the 800lb gorilla in the room do..? Anything he wants... lol...

Art1972 said:

#3 As "outdoorsy" as many consider themselves to be (myself included), its also human nature that we follow trails, we look for easier ways to scale hills, cross streams, and there are few among us who really get off the beaten path and go bushwhacking any more.

And again, even when they do- aside from the few hundred feet to either side of them that they can see- they might walk right by something laying just out of their line of sight and never know its there.

Susi says:

I agree that we mostly stick to trails, at least my family and I have used trails, also it is easier, and when the boys were young, safer!

When hubby and I were "off" trail, HTG, I was lost in minutes, perhaps seconds, but hubby was an Eagle Scout, and he was able to always get us back to our starting point.

Some of the most magical moments I have ever experienced were in the Smokies off trail.I have never seen such beauty and peace as in the woods there.

However, there are several stories reported about people being chased *down* a hill/mountain trail by terrifyingly aggressive angry BF, chasing people almost down to the bottom of the mountain, gaining hikers as they encountered more people on the way down! :wacko:

* Yikes, Can you imagine that happening as you are out hiking, and several people run by you screaming run for your life?* I would probably ask why as I joined the group heading down..but I'd head down with them! :blink::blush:

Big However, That would be an area to search for BF, and perhaps a family and/or bodies, Carefully, very carefully. :blink:

Edited by Susiq2

Guest Tsalagi

However, there are several stories reported about people being chased *down* a hill/mountain trail by terrifyingly aggressive angry BF, chasing people almost down to the bottom of the mountain, gaining hikers as they encountered more people on the way down! :wacko:

* Yikes, Can you imagine that happening as you are out hiking, and several people run by you screaming run for your life?* I would probably ask why as I joined the group heading down..but I'd head down with them! :blink::blush:

Big However, That would be an area to search for BF, and perhaps a family and/or bodies, Carefully, very carefully. :blink:

Considering how much they stand to lose every time they choose to be belligerent it stands to reason they would only get this way when people are about to stumble in on their home territory. Otherwise why risk exposure and detection by attacking with rocks or chasing, etc.