How Did All This Start With You?

Midnight Owl

For me, it was seeing it in Oregon with my troop of Boy Scouts. The weirdest thing about it was trying to explain away what I was seeing in my own head while I was looking at it and finally having to admit none of my explanations made sense. My brother was there at the time and he and I still talk about it from time to time.

As a kid in the 50's & 60's, I read Ivan Sanderson's book also, after being turned onto it by a friend. Then came the PGF film, and later Boggy Creek. All got my brain to thinking the Boogy Man might be real. But like others I assumed it could only exist in the PNW or Tibet, if at all.

Yrs. later a couple we knew, went on an extensive camping trip in the deep wilderness areas of the PNW and BC. They came back with tales of finding huge bare foot prints scattered around the area that the wife used as a bathroom. A few yrs. later, I was on a camping trip in northern Minn. with a few friends. It was early spring with plenty of snow around, but melting. The last morning in camp, I found a large bare footprint in the ice cold water of a small stream next to my tent. It was around 5:00am, and I hadn't heard a sound, but the track was fresh, because I could see it slowly disintegrate in the slow moving water.

We heard some wood knocks on another occasion, and have heard screams and trees crashing around us etc. Finally I had a sighting, about 7 miles away from home, and 2 yrs. later another sighting around the same area. We have found lots of tracks, and other evidence. We live along a river, where it's still pretty wild, with a power line clearing and railroad tracks that lead to Duluth all in the vicinity.

I enjoy getting online and reading the accounts of others, and hope that scientific proof will be coming soon.

I was 13 when the PGF was displayed upon those miniscule tv sets of the time, in black and white. Yeah, there were mostly color sets, at that time, but the footage Patterson and Gimlin had captured was in B/W. In my childhood, I'd been fascinated by the reports of "Abominable Snowmen," from the Himalayas.

Two or three years earlier, I'd witnessed a creature I could not fathom, nor explain. I saw a bird far larger than anything I should have seen then, larger than anything I've ever seen since. It was enormous. I know out of place creatures exist.

I'm still skeptical of most reports, including the OP. He didn't see what tossed the stone, or boulder. Hmm, isn't it possible it was caused by a far more likely source? A common upright, bipedal, (in this case, nearly hairless) ape?

Edited by Incorrigible1

This is great stuff folks, thanks for sharing...pardon my missing words at the start, I didn't have my first cup of coffee....keep em coming I enjoy hearing from others!!

Two or three years earlier, I'd witnessed a creature I could not fathom, nor explain. I saw a bird far larger than anything I should have seen then, larger than anything I've ever seen since. It was enormous. I know out of place creatures exist.

Well that's interesting.

My first encounter with a cryptid was a very close encounter with an enormous bird when when I was 13 while fishing on the shore of a very small lake.

I was with my long time hunting and fishing buddy who still refuses to talk about what we saw to this day.

I guess the beginning of it for me was the picture of Patty.I thought however that if Sasquatch was real they probably lived only in the Pacific Northwest. Over the years I heard some college friends talking about the yahoos in the southern counties of WVA. My grandmother who grew up in Randolph County near Seneca Rocks made the comment that they were some really strange things that lived back in those woods on Mill Creek. Then some other people whose rural property backed up to Kanawha State Forest said that some wildmen lived back in those woods. They had seen them numerous times. When my father bought his hunting camp in Pocohontas County he aksed me what I thought about Bigfoot and asked what I would think if he told me that they also lived in Pocohontas County not just the Pacific Northwest.

Those yahoos seem to have made it all the way down to Texas. They are a bigger part of Appalachian history.

http://www.appalachianhistory.net/2010/07/yeahoh-yahoo-or-bigfoot.html

. I saw a bird far larger than anything I should have seen then, larger than anything I've ever seen since. It was enormous. I know out of place creatures exist.

I was doing field research in Nebraska back in the late 80's. We was out in the middle of no where, grass as far as the eye can see. No houses no nothing. There sitting on a fence post was a California condor. Biggest bird I have ever seen. It took off when we stopped to look at it. It had all the right markings from below. The white streak through the wings. What it was doing there, I have no idea. I never mention it around my birding friends as they would not believe me.

The bird we saw was literally 10 times the size of any Condor.

We instinctively dropped our fishing poles simultaneously and fled into the brush behind us to hide.

It looked right at us as it glided in over the lake and the look was extremely predatory. 

I've never experienced fear like that before or since.

My involvement in the bigfoot subject started when I was a 14 years old { as an even younger kid I was interested in the subject but never put stock in there being a biological creature really walking the north American forests let alone central Michigan } , I seen a male sasquatch just over 6 feet tall in broad daylight at around 120 feet while quietly scouting for deer in the summer of 2009.  

I was completely terrified of the forest for several months but I gradually became interested in how these creatures survive and interact and now I actively look into reports and conduct field research in select research sites I have located in the lower pen of Michigan. 

Since then I have had multiple experiences witch mirror very well many of the reports attributed to sasquatch.

So you have my parents to thank now that I'm in everyone's hair and being such a royal pain in the neck. I've learned much in the last 6 months and continue to do so. Thank you all for being here.

I was also led to investigate the phenomenon by a parent, my mother. She had a sighting when we kids were quite young. I was told about it at a family gathering at her home in July of 2011. I stumbled onto this site while investigating the subject and I've been here since.

Like others, my first reaction was that my mother was mistaken. I even teased her about having too much to drink! However, she was most adamant about what she'd witnessed. Yet, I know my mother is a woman of great character and isn't one to lie about anything. In fact, she kept the sighting to herself because she thought that no one would believe her.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/12333-sightings-told-to-you-by-others-not-otherwise-reported/?p=688083

Guest StevieStrangeGlove94

For me, it was a book in my old elementry schools librairy. I believe it was marian t places on the track of bigfoot. I read a good deal about the subject through elementry school, but dropped the subject as fast as i picked it up. My intrest in the creatures were rekindled after hearing thier calls late at night near mt st helens in southwest wa just earlier this summer. Its changed my life!

I was doing field research in Nebraska back in the late 80's. We was out in the middle of no where, grass as far as the eye can see. No houses no nothing. There sitting on a fence post was a California condor. Biggest bird I have ever seen. It took off when we stopped to look at it. It had all the right markings from below. The white streak through the wings. What it was doing there, I have no idea. I never mention it around my birding friends as they would not believe me.

That is fascinating. Like LarryP, the bird I saw seemed even larger than a California condor, but that is interesting that you saw one, half a continent out of their regular range.

The bird we saw was literally 10 times the size of any Condor.

We instinctively dropped our fishing poles simultaneously and fled into the brush behind us to hide.

It looked right at us as it glided in over the lake and the look was extremely predatory. 

I've never experienced fear like that before or since.

I love the incongruity I so often see on here; you object to the OP's statement that an unseen BF tossed the rock (it "had" to be a hairless human), yet you don't blink when posting about your own fascinating cryptid report which seems even more outlandish. Haha. This really is a great site, and the contradictions are half the fun.

Not to get off topic (okay, just a bit), did you think it more "bird" like or more like a pterodactyl? Perhaps you can start a new thread so we can discuss more fully?

As for my own intersts, I grew up in N. Cali and was six years old when the PGF first came out. I remember my Father's reaction when the news first hit the TV screen; he was a lawyer and the most critical person I've ever known. While he most surely poo-poo'd it, I remember the news rattled him and he even got out of his chair to move closer to the TV. His father was an avid deer hunter who had been all over N. Cali, and I wonder if he'd ever shared any wild campfire stories with Dad that I wasn't aware of. Both are gone now, sadly, so I can't ask. 

Also, our public teachers tended to be pretty liberal, and I can think of at least two of them who would read Bigfoot stories to us in gradeschool. It's funny; it's only been in the last year after spending so much time here that I have felt so "aware" of BF. I have camped and hunted in much of Washington without ever a thought to BF. It's different now. I've learned too much--haha!

you object to the OP's statement that an unseen BF tossed the rock (it "had" to be a hairless human), yet you don't blink when posting about your own fascinating cryptid report which seems even more outlandish.

Gotta Know, you're confusing me with someone else.

Not to get off topic (okay, just a bit), did you think it more "bird" like or more like a pterodactyl?

No, it was a bird with light brownish gray feathers that was the size of a Pterodactyl with about a 30 foot wingspan.

My Sasquatch encounter was mild compared to that one.

Gotta Know, you're confusing me with someone else.

No, it was a bird with light brownish gray feathers that was the size of a Pterodactyl with about a 30 foot wingspan.

My Sasquatch encounter was mild compared to that one.

You're absolutely correct and my apologies; obviously failed reading comprehension 101 this morning. I inadvertantly combined your report with one from Incorrigible1 as I rushed through these reports. Doh!

And yes, another thread for your bird sighitng seems in order! Wow.