How Did All This Start With You?

Midnight Owl

Wildflower - that's an amazing story!  Children know what's going on.  They don't have that filter that adults do.   Thanks for sharing that.  :)

WesT - could you post a link to Sassyfoot's drawing? 

Sassy - I would love to see that!  Happy New Year Missy Moo  :)  You are a friend that has helped me.  Sorry I was "offline" for awhile.

PeopleBooger - I am interested in your coyote possible BF story.  Taking away all the skepticism, what do you think could have been going on with the coyote and the BF, if that's what it was?

We were looking at tracks in the snow today and saw three prints and a small indent track, as if a coyote was on three legs and had a bum leg that made a very small imprint.  It was the left front leg.  Just curious to wonder if BF and coyotes get into it sometimes, like when there's a deer kill and they are fighting over it.  Thanks!

Mossprint - great account!  Thanks for sharing that. 

SWW - also a great account!

Everyone is posting great stuff! 

I remember "In Search Of" as well when I was a kid.  God the DVD of Boggy Creek for bro-in-law for xmas, but have never seen it. 

Chicago guy - go to www.bfro.net and make a report there first.  A researcher will call you and get an investigation going.  If you were just 20' away, that's going to be class A I would think.  Of course we want to hear it here, but I would suggest if you are going to write down the whole thing, do it in with them and you can always link to it here.  Wow! 

The seed was probably planted when my father took me to see the PG film at a movie theatre in Detroit when I was a boy. Years later, as a young man with no conscious thought or awareness of BF, I had a night time experience in rural N. Wisconsin that I could not explain. Blood curling screams that sounded like a woman being murdered, but at a volume level, tone, timber, duration, and pitch that my buds and I felt certain could not have been made by any animal as small as a rabbit, porcupine, or deer. We felt the volume was such that the sound would have carried for miles and we talked that the animal, whatever it was, must have been massive. We were confused and dismissed the event as a mystery after high tailing it out of there to the safety of our cabin. We never thought BF was a possibility. The thought never entered our minds back then as BF was not in our collective conscience.

Fast forward 15 years, with no exposure or interest in BF, a colleague at work tells me a detailed story of encountering what he thought was BF during his youth in Iowa of all places. I laughed and teased him. Thought the idea of BF was ridiculous, particularly in Iowa of all places. That night I did search the Internet and came across the BFRO site. Clicking through, I listened to some of the recordings of alleged BF screams. What I heard, and how I reacted came completely as a surprise. I immediately recognized the sounds as what I had heard so many years earlier in N. Wisconsin. Tears welled up in my eyes and I started crying! To this day, I have no idea why I reacted so strongly other than this was an outpouring of emotion from all the confusion stored in my subconscious for so many years that now found a logical answer. I've been interested in BF ever since.

MNskeptic

^^  Oh!  That's an AWESOME story! MNskeptic!

I cried and laughed all at the same time when something similar happened to me.  You're not crazy.  It's that mind blowing first experience that does, in fact, blow out all your senses and turns you inside out. 

Then you have to hang on to BFF for awhile just to work it out as some sort of therapy.  Welcome to it!  I'm 8 months ahead of you, or wherever you are at in the process.  I didn't have a clue until it blew me out of the water so to speak.  Same thing, stumbled across BFRO site and found out that it's going on here around me.  It's an adjustment process and as the song is playing now...

"Will of the wind" by Kenny Loggins 1991. 

and this one right after that

"leap of faith"  

Can't seem to copy and paste lyrics so you'll just have to check it out on your own.  Seriously, I wish I could post the lyrics to both of those songs.  Maybe you can find it on youtube, or just google the songs. 

Good luck with everything and just know that for the most part, you will find sympathetic and helpful ears here.  Love the skeptics too, they keep us grounded.