Sasquatch On The Roads

hiflier

Guest Darrell

So bigfoot is so smart they can detect trail cams and not leave tracks, but blunder across roads in front of cars, in some cases 23% of the time? And avoid behing hit on top of that?  

SSR Team

Darrell, seriously, do you really have to, in seemingly every single thread ?

We know that you don't think that these things exist, we get that, and we're cool with that in the main.

But please, you don't have to try and turn every single thread that you read into a " Sasquatch doesn't exist " backwards and forwards thing.

To piggyback, and address an issue BobbyO has brought up elsewhere, this might be one place that the so-far-no-soap alternative of game cams could, possibly, be redirected, just to see what happens.

We've got the cams (tons); but we don't really have too much of an idea of travel routes and frequency.  As I'm aware of at least two reports of  sightings from a road on CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS, at locations very close together, (both reports from FL, and I'd rather test my premise before presuming them nuts or lying), maybe the problems of setting up game cams in remote areas might not apply to road crossings.

In Area X, NAWAC didn't have any activity around their cabin until they'd been settled in for quite a while.  This seems to happen, too, with houses on the edge of occupied habitat.  Maybe it's similar with roads:  the human presence is (or rather, becomes over time) more or less predictable, so the animals might not note and avoid yet another human activity along them.

Just a thought.  As BobbyO says:  cams aren't working, that anyone's showed us, anyway.  So let's try something else with 'em.

(You are gonna get lots of car photos.  Yup.)

The first report:  http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36710

The second report:  http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30267

There's a member of this forum that purchased property in a specific area with a main highway running alongside it that had two road crossing sightings in the exact same area going on to the property and they believe it to be a corridor as such from one valley into another.

They have a fair amount of Camera's in use but do they have any on the roadway there ?

I don't know.

If they did/do have, i have no idea how, with the amount of traffic on the road ( it's in or very close to a National Park too ), they could even begin to be able to attempt to look at what the camera's could give them picture wise as wouldn't they be snapping movement and Cars a lot ?

Hello Darrell,

Animals "blunder" across roads. Nothing new under the sun there. This thread is ASSUMING that proving of disproving Sasquatch might benefit if more got involved in the pursuit. Reported sightings on roads are frequent enough to think that monitoring areas with numerous reported encounters could be a means to that end. That's all. One would think you would be happy enough if a widespread program would yield nothing. So why not support the idea to bolster your position more instead of hammering it into the dirt. Then you can say "I told you so" ;)

Edited by hiflier

Guest zenmonkey

Now why can't I be so lucky to be driving along in the comfort of my truck and spot one. Nooooo I agave to trek for miles in the spider infested 115 degree woods of oklahoma

Hello zenmonkey,

I'm not so sure that trying to hunt for them deep within their own habitat is a sound approach. Most sightings do not occur this way. The witnesses who are in law enforcement are not walking around in the deep woods unless perhaps F&W folks. The "hunt" if you will can be initiated and maintained by more individuals, in more locations, and much easier than packing in a 30.06 in full camo with no means of fast retreat. Roading is something anyone can endeavor to do. Chances would be slim of seeing anything but without being there chances are zilch. A little research of local sightings within and area would be a good and easy place to start the process off.

In other words? Go Squatchin'!

Edited by hiflier

Great idea on placing trail cams at the sight of some of the road crossings. As someone who regularly reads the BFRO new reports plus every other report I can find, I have noticed that in a lot of cases when someone has gone out to investigate the report they often notice that the crossing was near a well used game trail. Placing cameras on the game trails could very well catch quite a bit more action than in the woods since most road crossing are funnels where there is a reason animals are crossing there. Good luck if someone gives it a shot.

....When I said "that kind of description" I was trying to stay in context: that being the idea that roads have been unknowingly(?) laid down along or across habitually-used Sasquatch routes of travel.....

I see - I don't think that's as much of an issue in the east, given how long humans have been changing the landscape.

......To me the size/width/number of lanes, or condition of the road surface, doesn't really matter.....  Yep, agree with this

Hello KY Woodsman,

Hey, thanks for the encouraging words. As you can see and understand it isn't rocket science here. It's only utilizing observations from what most of us have read about. Let's face it we ALL would like to see one just like others that say they have. There are those too that say they now know, after unexpectantly seeing one, who didn't think they existed until they had their own encounters. Personally? That's why I never worry much about those on this Forum that don't think they exist. Other's had thought so too until......

Hello Trogluddite,

I agree the road structure in the East is dense and already quite old. The newer developed areas that are farther inside Sasquatch habitat might have the greater percentage of road sightings but the research would be a nightmare in time and complexity.

Edited by hiflier

Hi Explorer

Remember, Just because game cam photos havent been uploaded to the web for the world to gaulk at --and argue over,

doesnt mean ," yet none have captured a photo of BF "

Many people just dont want to share !    :-(

Yup. You stand a good chance of getting flamed pretty hard.

Now why can't I be so lucky to be driving along in the comfort of my truck and spot one. Nooooo I agave to trek for miles in the spider infested 115 degree woods of oklahoma

Ha ha. Actually you might be better off. I created an enigma for myself from the comfort of my truck...

Hello All,

OK. Is this a good time to request that this thread become a resource for those who might want to give this thread's idea a try? In other words, how about posting the sighting locations in your area for the "stake-out"? If someone doesn't wish to go out to a location alone then perhaps someone else here would join in. If someone doesn't have the time or resources to go then maybe someone else in the area that does will know where to go. Simply put, post a time and date for the sighting, town, state, and road name/number. A fairly exact location along the road would be helpful along with a COPY OF THE REPORT. Any additional info like a map or GPS coordinates would of course be welcomed.

Anyone can do this which is a good thing, and it's a way to have eyes out there in numbers. It's an easy plan and anything, no matter how seemingly trivial could be brought here for discussion. Might be very interesting to see if anything comes in after a few weeks or so.

Back in May of this year, before I knew about any BF in Ohio, I saw a huge black thing jump over the road about 230 feet in front of my car.  It was a rural back dirt road, very treacherous in the winter and only the locals use it.  It connects two county roads where people can drive as fast as 55 mph. 

Then I did some research on the internet to see if anyone in Ohio had seen a BF, trying to figure out what I saw, I came across the BFRO website.  I looked up Ohio sightings, then Holmes County and found out that someone a year prior, saw it cross a busier state route about a mile, as the crow flies from where I saw it.  That blew me away and started this whole crazy summer of Squatch.

You can read my report on BFRO, and the researchers included a picture of that road.  Since then I found out who the other family was that made the 2012 report and they are serious people.  Their report included a hand drawn picture. 

Inbetween where I saw it, and they saw it, are farms, fields, forests and water.  I just think that those roads were in  middle of BF's territory.  I was lucky enough, (or unlucky enough), to see it passing through. 

Hello Hammer102492,

Hey, that's excatly what I'm talking about here! Hey folks WE GOT ONE! So about posting some specifics on the road's location and where along it? There are no doubt a lot of Sasquatchers in Ohio. If a couple of them, like yourself, are members here and would like to try this monitoring approach it would be helpful if you would be willing to pinpoint the area a bit more.

Hello Hiflier.  Thanks for the warm welcome.

I wouldn't mind posting the info, but to save time and give you all more details, it really would be best to read the full report on www.bfro.net and check under Ohio sightings for Holmes County. 

I have to run at the moment and have to load the bonfire up before it gets too dark.  I am sitting out tonight as the last warm squatching night of the season.  :)  Actually, I'm hoping not to see it because I would rather not think about it, and just enjoy the evening.

From where I sit, I am about 2 miles from where I saw it, (TR 211 near the intersection of TR466 near the town of Nashville).  The other people's sightiing was on SR39 near SR179, also near Nashville, Ohio. 

Guest zenmonkey

Hello zenmonkey,I'm not so sure that trying to hunt for them deep within their own habitat is a sound approach. Most sightings do not occur this way. The witnesses who are in law enforcement are not walking around in the deep woods unless perhaps F&W folks. The "hunt" if you will can be initiated and maintained by more individuals, in more locations, and much easier than packing in a 30.06 in full camo with no means of fast retreat. Roading is something anyone can endeavor to do. Chances would be slim of seeing anything but without being there chances are zilch. A little research of local sightings within and area would be a good and easy place to start the process off.In other words? Go Squatchin'!

Ya I realize this I was partially making a joke. It's the misconsepction that you do have to travel for miles when more and more reports are coming in close to civilization