Sasquatch On The Roads

hiflier

It just seems that with all the moaning over the ineffectiveness of game cams, we've been missing the single most obvious place to put them.

DWA.

Thonas Steenberg and Bigfoothunter took down two unrelated accounts of bigfoot crossing the same rural road hours apart by two different individuals. Steenberg told the story at the John Green summit so would be 2011 at the latest. I think they found tracks too. They were interesting stories. I'll send a Pm to BFH and see if he remembers them and is willing to post the details.

Hello DWA,

Now you're getting it, though you probably always did. Roads already have scents, fuel residues, plastic from litter and all other kinds of things Human and yet Sasquatch is still there. Monitoring these crossings or frequented areas is not that bad of an idea. Many of us cannot do the deep woods searches, do not hunt, do not camp, and may even be too fearful to be more than a couple of dozen yards from a busy road. But there is still a lot that can be done. The roadway is one good place that many of us can visit. And it doesn't have to be alone as I've said before.

To me it is a relatively untapped way to increase the chances of a photo or video of the creature. Researching the databases for an area would be a good start. Your mention of a game cam is very good as the scent may not be that much of an issue. Lock 'em up good though.

SSR Team

DWA.

Thonas Steenberg and Bigfoothunter took down two unrelated accounts of bigfoot crossing the same rural road hours apart by two different individuals. Steenberg told the story at the John Green summit so would be 2011 at the latest. I think they found tracks too. They were interesting stories. I'll send a Pm to BFH and see if he remembers them and is willing to post the details.

I remember them, they were recent too.

Somewhere in BC, racking my brain for the name of the mountain the road was on, somewhere out near Chilliwack maybe, Bridal Falls was it ?

Yeah it was, on Mount Cheam, I found it..;)

Not sure if this incorporates both sighting but this is at least one of them, they were 2 hours or so apart on the same mountain, at higher/lower elevations of the road with the sightings going down in elevation.

http://sasquatch-bc.com/tscase2.html

Hello BobbyO,

That's a wonderful piece of information to which I had no idea.. I often wonder if things that gel in this brain of mine are anywhere near on point. You've helped immensely in the area of my own self confidence. It also makes me wish more that I was younger and getting out there more to follow these trains of thought in the field. The whole Oregon thing is now making some sense after reading your post. And for that I am grateful. Thank you.

WA Hiflier, it's WA...;)

Excellent work BobbyO and all involved in the Sightings Database!!! All of this info. you've compiled will no doubt provide very valuable...ease of access in research and in the field, hands on investigation.  :good:!!!  :)