New Season Of Finding Bigfoot Starts Tonight.

TD-40

BFF Patron

I don't recall if this has been done in any of the shows, but wouldn't it be better to broadcast actual bigfoot calls rather than create their own version?  I think those recordings we assume are bigfoot vocalizations would be more likely to bring a response than Matt's or Bobo's yells.

^^^^  Yes, it is this pretty predictable dumbing down of things that is quite aggravating.

But, if BF react to loud mufflers, train whistles and other generic loud noises (an assumption for discussion purposes but definitely debatable), then maybe a single rap on a tree or a loud Bobo call is economy of elicitation.

I would much prefer more complex sets of amplified rock clacks with some Jamaican rhythm, or even some steel drum (half serious just for stimulation and acknowledgement that these guys are more complex than knuckle draggers).  But then they might get the audio equipment and battery cables tangled up with their IR spotlight shoulder frames and well.......it might not look pretty then,   They might get trampled by a moose or something in the resultant confusion.     LOL.  

Edited by bipedalist

Guest thermalman

Oooooooh, can't wait for the farting episode!

Could've swore I saw a bigfoot in the background, while the guys farted it up in Blazing Saddles!

Well  it looks like there might be some changes coming to the show. Tonight on Twitter, Moneymaker tweeted he is looking for 3 pair of bowhunting "Ghosts", in every state but Hawaii to outfit with FLIR and audio recorders and monitor them from a base camp.  If you got what it takes tweet him a link of  a short video of your team and gear. Sounds like he is taking a page from the show on Spike with the 10 million dollar bounty.

I'll go out with my camera if the price is right?

BFF Patron

Well  it looks like there might be some changes coming to the show. Tonight on Twitter, Moneymaker tweeted he is looking for 3 pair of bowhunting "Ghosts", in every state but Hawaii to outfit with FLIR and audio recorders and monitor them from a base camp.  If you got what it takes tweet him a link of  a short video of your team and gear. Sounds like he is taking a page from the show on Spike with the 10 million dollar bounty.

I just want to be the one filming the "ghosts" just to make sure I am on the right side of the arrows.  

I would like to see them stay the night in someone's house that is reporting habituation. Blast some loud audio of sasquatch screams from the rooftop, then lie in wait. That'd actually be really interesting.

Guest ewashguy56

I would like to see them stay the night in someone's house that is reporting habituation. Blast some loud audio of sasquatch screams from the rooftop, then lie in wait. That'd actually be really interesting.

Now why didn't I think of that. Thats a great idea!

• 4 weeks later...

Just watching it now (Pacific time). Extremely detailed and realistic looking prints to my eye.

I'm more bothered by Bobo's musician friends who get a free national plug for their music. Certainly calls into question the validity of their claims. Haha. Par for the course on this show...

Being from Montana, I can say this was one the the more lackadaisical episodes I've watched. First, why are they 'squatching' in the crappy snow/rainy times of years at these places and then whine about it all the time? So the episode is claimed as being 'near Bozeman', the town hall meeting is in Ennis, a fair drive away from Bozeman but not terribly far (about 50 miles).

Looking at their 'report map' let me say that none of those sightings marked on their map is anywhere close to where they say they are.

In the south area of the state, the closest they come to marking near Ennis, the town they claim to have been in, is Deer Lodge which did have a notable boy scout encounter featured on a program from the 1970s. West of that is a mark in the Missoula area. Now to start with Renae's campout - by the marking, she looks to in the Polson/Ronan area - 260 miles away from Ennis! Other markings on the map near Renae, I guesstimate to be near the towns of Libby (left), Whitefish (north of the Flathead Lake visible on the map), the back end of the Hungry Horse Reservoir area (the spot marked above the "a" in Renae) - I'm from this region (Columbia Falls/Whitefish) and it's about 6 hrs driving time from the Bozeman (where I went to MSU) area. There is a pretty serious misinterpretation of how far apart their marked sightings are, they are covering ranges of about 300 miles on this map, that's just silly for them to try and do.

In my opinion, the crew should have been more focused on the NW region of the state. Three map markings and Renae's camp were all in this much more feasible area. This is where all of their investigation should have taken place. More specifically, they should have been looking at the Hungry Horse Reservoir or get into the Bob Marshall Wilderness/Jewel Basin but that would definitely mean a summer investigation as it's nigh impassable come winter or any snow time (which for MT is most of the year).

As for the footprints that brought FB to Montana, I think they have a wrong reading on the print. It looks like someone barefoot stepped in the mud and then slid backwards, elongating the toes and bulldozing the mid foot ridge piling. The second track is pretty sketchy for anything. The presenters of the footprint - don't believe them for a second. Nothing makes me believe the musicians' story, fishermen are not that oblivious. I'm open to the glider guy story and the driver on the interstate. But overall, this whole episode just seemed really lazy to me. Maybe because I'm much more familiar with this region, the terrain, and activities.

Guest Orygun

No, it was a lazy episode for all of us. If it wasn't for the live tweeting by some sarcastic bastards (me being one of them) I probably wouldn't watch.

Although the Yeti one was fun...

Not the best episode for sure.. I thought maybe the reason they were out in the deep snow is that the Grizzly's were probably hibernating. I noticed Ranae had no fire pit which suggests to me she didn't really camp out. Probably went back to the lodge to warm up.

Admin

I Loved the Meat draped Deer Decoy. That would sure fool a Squatch.  Boris, those are some interesting observations. Sure makes you wonder.

I have to say at this point if they keep the same format I'm liable to just stop watching altogether.  The folks are interesting enough though at this point their 'shtick" is kinda getting played out a bit; Matt's the hardcore, abrasive at times leader, Cliff's the nice guy, Bobo's the laid back squatch Jedi, and Ranae can't say anything is a squatch unless she "sees it herself" (?).  And the expeditions' results are completely predictable and sometimes outright boring. 

More focus on the witnesses and their stories and less green light specials, I say.  Maybe have one every few episodes in cases of a very recent sighting, but honestly that stuff doesn't do much for me.

Not the best episode for sure.. I thought maybe the reason they were out in the deep snow is that the Grizzly's were probably hibernating. I noticed Ranae had no fire pit which suggests to me she didn't really camp out. Probably went back to the lodge to warm up.

The regions they were in... there was little chance they would hit a grizzly in those areas. Some smaller "regular" brown or black bears was a possibility, but the grizzlies (silvertips/large brown bears) are found up in that NW region around Glacier Park, Bob Marshall Wilderness, and a small pocket in Yellowstone Park. Yes they can be found throughout the whole western region but any real population is in the aforementioned areas. The most basic of precautions will stop any of the bears from having a snack of you. I've noticed over the years, all these grizzly maulings you read about are some schmuck from Massachusetts or Pennsylvania out mushroom/blueberry picking where they shouldn't be in MT, ie invading the bears' habitat.

Edited by Boris Khan

I believe that one of the main reasons they don't get more action is the moon. The full moon, which might make for better TV, has been when I had the least activity. Moonless nights is when the action has been  best for me.. but hey, I am not a expert....