New Season Of Finding Bigfoot Starts Tonight.

TD-40

Just recently watched the Yeti episode, enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  The one takeaway- can someone get Bobo to a doctor?  Anyone??  Isn't that leg wound like over a year old??

The one nice thing about the Montana show was that they did not try to make anything out of nothing.  They got nothing and left it at that, so that was honest.

Guest ewashguy56

I am still waiting to see the Montana show on On Demand with Comcast. I am thinking they were somewhere in Western Montana which is more forested and mountainous, yes?

The tracks portion that they opened with was somewhere in the area of Yellowstone, possibly the area of the Paradise Valley south of Livingston where I know of some other encounters. The portion with the Bigfoot running across I90 in front of the SUV is on Homestake Pass SE of Butte just east of the summit at Exit 233 which is visible on screen. It is less than 50 air miles from my home and only about 65 via the Interstate and there are other sighting reports in Silver Bow County. Here are a aerial and street view shot of the location from Google Earth:

post-22377-0-35539300-1389399064_thumb.j     post-22377-0-84804300-1389399090_thumb.j

Renae's solo and the final night investigation appear to be in the southern Flathead Valley, east of US 93 between Arlee and Ravalli. Any further north and you would be in the main body of the Mission Mountains south of Glacier and they do not have the kind of open valley terrain. The street view shot does not do justice to the northern Missions, they dominate the valley to the east. Much of that area is part of the Flathead Reservation and there are sighting reports nearby.

post-22377-0-15367400-1389399600_thumb.j    post-22377-0-48898400-1389399278_thumb.j

post-22377-0-12063400-1389399297_thumb.j

Not certain of the part of the Bitterroot River where Bobo's friends had their sighting, haven't spent as much time in that area. I think that covers what was in the final cut. I've been told by a BFRO investigator that they interviewed the elk hunter that found a trackway on Mt. Baldy in November of 2012, BFRO Report # 37974 but that footage ended up on the cutting room floor. That report is about 32 miles ENE of my home.

Airedale,

The missus is deciding where our vacation will be this year, Ireland or Glaciar National Park.  Assuming it happens (vacation has been OBE the last few years), any places we should visit near GNP that the normal touristas would miss?  Grazi!!

Airedale,

The missus is deciding where our vacation will be this year, Ireland or Glaciar National Park.  Assuming it happens (vacation has been OBE the last few years), any places we should visit near GNP that the normal touristas would miss?  Grazi!!

Going to the Sun Road and Lake McDonald are the typical spots, great for fishing and the view is spectacular. There are several glacial lakes there that you can get to. You can take a short steep hike to view what is known as the Triple Divide Peak, basically if a drop of water landed on the peak, it would split into the three major water basins in North America draining into the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic Oceans (Hudson Bay specifically) watersheds. Just kind cool because there's nowhere else this happens in NA.

Guest ewashguy56

The tracks portion that they opened with was somewhere in the area of Yellowstone, possibly the area of the Paradise Valley south of Livingston where I know of some other encounters. The portion with the Bigfoot running across I90 in front of the SUV is on Homestake Pass SE of Butte just east of the summit at Exit 233 which is visible on screen. It is less than 50 air miles from my home and only about 65 via the Interstate and there are other sighting reports in Silver Bow County. Here are a aerial and street view shot of the location from Google Earth:

attachicon.gifBigfoot Sighting on I-90.jpg     attachicon.gifI-90 Sighting Street View.jpg

Renae's solo and the final night investigation appear to be in the southern Flathead Valley, east of US 93 between Arlee and Ravalli. Any further north and you would be in the main body of the Mission Mountains south of Glacier and they do not have the kind of open valley terrain. The street view shot does not do justice to the northern Missions, they dominate the valley to the east. Much of that area is part of the Flathead Reservation and there are sighting reports nearby.

attachicon.gifPossible Area of Renae's Solo.jpg    attachicon.gifEast from US 93.jpg

attachicon.gifEast towards Mission Mountains.jpg

Not certain of the part of the Bitterroot River where Bobo's friends had their sighting, haven't spent as much time in that area. I think that covers what was in the final cut. I've been told by a BFRO investigator that they interviewed the elk hunter that found a trackway on Mt. Baldy in November of 2012, BFRO Report # 37974 but that footage ended up on the cutting room floor. That report is about 32 miles ENE of my home.

Thank you for your post!!!

My pleasure, ewashguy. For others interested in un-touristy areas near Glacier, I sent this to trog in a pm but there is no reason not to put it on the forum, it was just late when I found the post and that's what popped into my head. On Google Earth, enter "Yaak, MT" in the search box. That entire area of NW Montana is generally referred to as the Yaak. While I haven't seen any posted reports, it is likely because people are so thin on the ground there. My best friend and his son, from Missoula, spent several days in a fire lookout SE of Yaak and reported the log book in the tower reported a number of Bigfoot encounters at the site, though they were not so blessed! Being west of the continental divide it receives more annual precip than the eastern part of the state, and it is overall lower in elevation. The lowest elevation in the state is where the Kootenai river crosses into Idaho west of Troy at just over 1,800 feet. Yaak is just over 11 miles south of the Canadian/US border, and here is a Street View shot looking north on County Hwy. 508 a few miles south of Yakk. 

post-22377-0-11001500-1389478454_thumb.j

This road, known also as Pipe Creek Road, diverges from Hwy. 37 just north of Libby. Libby is roughly 90 miles WNW of Kalispell on US 2, and Kalispell is a gateway city to Glacier. Another interesting trip is to Libby Dam which forms Lake Kookanusa, bakcing up water from the Kootenai River well into Canada. There are guided tours available through the dam conducted by friendly and knowledgeable staff, and it is well worth while for anyone who has never had the chance to tour a major hydroelectric project.

post-22377-0-82231200-1389479803_thumb.j 

Glacier is of course an amazing place, but you do have to work to get away from the teeming masses. Strange as it seems for someone born and raised in Montana, my first trip to glacier was in 2001 when I was 50, though I've been several times since.

Edited by Airdale

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Matt has just uttered his stupidest thing yet I think. In the Super Yuper  episode he claims, as a fact, that bigfoots have glowing eyes. He identifies this as bioluminescence. Uhm, okay. Well, as far as I know that only occurs in marine vertebrates and invertebrates, fungi, microorganisms and terrestrial invertebrates.  Pretty sure an 8 foot tall, bipedal carnivore does not qualify. Yet there he is stating that bigfoots use bioluminescence to make their eyes glow and that they do it as a signaling device to other bigfoots.

Seriously! Why does no one call him on this crap???

^^^^ Yea, my wife was like "What?"   Had to explain the whole issue with that and what most of the community thinks of it.  Would have loved to see that challenged on the show, have MM and Cliff go at it for a bit over crap like that would be welcome...

It was like a deja' vu moment, harkening back to my Navy days and the signal lamps with shutters controlled by a handle on the side of the housing for messaging other ships in a formation without breaking radio silence. Wonder if the Sasquatch use Morse or if it's encryptid? Sorry, couldn't help myself, my bad.

• Upvote 3

Admin

Nobody could tell or convince MM of anything regarding Bigfoot. He talks like he is a Bigfoot. He knows everything they do, and why. Lots of taters, not much meat.

It was like a deja' vu moment, harkening back to my Navy days and the signal lamps with shutters controlled by a handle on the side of the housing for messaging other ships in a formation without breaking radio silence. Wonder if the Sasquatch use Morse or if it's encryptid? Sorry, couldn't help myself, my bad.

(audible groan) :)