Primate Intelligence

BobbyO

SSR Team

I'll go to the grave thinking that Sasquatches are extremely smart and are absolute masters in their own environment and have no problem outwitting the average Human Being in it.

The intelligence of large Primates should never be taken for granted as all are amazing creatures capable of stuff that the average Human Being would never ever believe.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/sep/29/chimp-intelligence-aymu-matsuzawa-kyoto

Hello BobbyO,

All indications point to exactly what you are saying here. They are the Watchers of the Woods. I've heard it said that tidal areas are the canary in the mine for the health of the planet and that could very well apply to Sasquatch. The recent video from Grays Harbor, Oregon is a fine example of what I'm saying. They watch.....everything.

The stories I've read where one went running off into the woods wailing, whining, or screaming after being shot is a treatment unbefitting their stature and is a humiliating way to treat them. Get the specimen, clean and without suffering and then come down hard on those who would torment them. Their intelligence and for the most part passive approach to Man says it all. In fact their passivness as watchers is a sign of their intelligence if anyone asks me. 

Edited by hiflier

SSR Team

Calling Grays Harbor, Oregon is blasphemy Hiflier, it's in Washington State..;)

SSR Team

There is now the video too as well as just the freeze frame picture, all within the thread itself as the hours and days pass.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/43771-bf-thermals/

Hello All,

OmaGAWSH! One would think that after working with John Green's stuff that I should be automatically geographically infused LOL. 'Scuse the oversight. I knew what I wanted to say but my fingers said, "Nuh, uh". Oh well. Can't pull one over on you folks now can I?.

Note to self- pay attention.

Hello daveedoe,

My son turned me onto the TED stuff about five years back. It's all good. Your link is very good as well. I envy people that can stand before a live audience and speak so well and so clearly get across their subject matter.

Great post BobbyO....I started out like many other folks thinking I was dealing with just a dumb animal. One to be baited and driven like simple live stock. I explained odd things at first as just pure chance. Things just steadily got more complicated over time. I eventually reached a point where I fully realized I was the one being led around by something with reasoning and cognitive thinking. Something able to easily stay one or two steps ahead of me no matter how stealthy I thought I was being.

Once I realized that and they knew that I knew it, I experienced incredible things, some of which I still don't clearly understand and have no desire to publicly share. Some will understand this, others won't have any clue...my opinion is they are far more complicated than the general public will ever accept...

^ Reminds me of a post I read somewhere today about the difference in intelligence and wisdom.

The poster said that we may be more intelligent, as we continue to find ways to make ourselves more comfy in our homes and cars....

But they have more wisdom... to know better than to resort to depending on those things that can eventually fail you.

I've mentioned before that I had absolutely no clue sasquatch or bigfoot existed when I had my first encounters.  Had never heard the names, had never heard anyone talk about anything like them in America (though I had heard of the abominable snowman of the Himalayas).  So when I encountered them I had no preconceptions whatsoever. 

To me, based on their behavior and our interactions, they were some sort of hairy, aberrant people right from the start.  As intelligent as we are and, as Bobby says, more intelligent in their environment than we are, and certainly more powerful.

I believe they do understand that most humans are oblivious to them and use that to their advantage.

I'll go to the grave thinking that Sasquatches are extremely smart and are absolute masters in their own environment and have no problem outwitting the average Human Being in it.

The intelligence of large Primates should never be taken for granted as all are amazing creatures capable of stuff that the average Human Being would never ever believe.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/sep/29/chimp-intelligence-aymu-matsuzawa-kyoto

If memory serves, it's our lack of good memory and the preponderance to try new things that gave us the edge over Neanderthals. They were very reluctant to change, while we embraced it.

BFF Patron

This article is a good read (not necessarily for a Thanksgiving gathering) on the topic:

http://psy.au.dk/fileadmin/Psykologi/Forskning/Forskningsenheder/Journal_of_Anthropological_Psychology/Volume_17/jill_byrnit1.pdf

jill_byrnit1.pdf