Skeptics: Define Your Success For Us, Please.

WSA

Who's pretending to speak for you? Some people say they have seen a bigfoot and that's proof enough for you. I'm speaking for those who require hard proof.

It seems to me that you are trying.   Your words: "... it's the only thing that matters."    That's a pretty broad brush y' got there.

MIB

Edited by MIB

I guess that's the thing for me personally.  In 99.999999999% of my dealings I don't get another opinion (unless I am going on the one other opinion I ask for).

Why would I on this, if I saw one personally?  I can guarantee you I won't go "I might be wrong; all these people who haven't been paying attention to centuries of evidence tell me I might be..."

^^^^^^^ mib

If your interested in zoology? It's the only thing that matters.

Pixies and gnomes and bed time stories? No proof needed.......enjoy.

Edited by norseman

It seems to me that you are trying.   Your words: "... it's the only thing that matters."    That's a pretty broad brush y' got there.

MIB

Actual, verifiable scientific proof IS the only thing that matters, unless you want bigfoot to remain in the realm of fairy tales.

Guest Darrell

Ok, so I'll post this before I take off in my Charger for a much needed road trip and a long weekend for us gubmit workers. It doesnt matter what I think of what you believe. Thats your belief system and if you choose your position based on what you have seen and reason to be real, then good. But that doesnt make bigfoot real. If the phenomena takes faith over hard fact then, at least to me, its something paranormal. Many here claim to know the truth. They claim they know something I or someone else who is skeptical doesnt know. But claiming some kind of insider or private secret knowledge again plays right into the paranormal phenomena. Saying you can only see bigfoot if bigfoot wants to be seen, saying bigfoot speaks to you via telepathy, saying only you can see and interact with bigfoot just doesnt wash with my rational line of thought.  But the bottom line is, cynic or believer, skeptic or proponent, the answer to the question is to provide one. Dead and mute or alive and talking (or whatever they are claimed to do) is proof that cant be ignored.

I wouldn't care where bigfoot remained if I knew for a fact it was real; and if I see one, I know.

Edited by DWA

If only public proof is worth anything to you RockApe, then who am I to dispute that with you? For many though, their quest ends with private confirmation, and I likewise have no reason to quibble with them either. I don't presume to know how somebody feels who has seen one, and wouldn't know unless I, well...knew. 

I'm not going to quibble with them either. If I didn't believe some of the people who say they've seen one I wouldn't bother. But as of now, those who say their is no way bigfoot exists have the facts on their side. I'd like to see that change and it's going to take more than someone who says they have seen one.

Not tellin' me what you say to folks about that Big Bird. 

Point is:  somebody who saw a bird that isn't real might have a bit more empathy with people who saw a primate that is.

I readily have admitted I've no proof of my T Bird sighting, nor do I expect anyone to believe it. It's not a matter of empathy, it's a matter of proof. For me, that is.

As I stated in my first posting in this thread, I require something that doesn't require faith, the faith some possible charlatans require in their profferings.

Edited by Incorrigible1

And you have just said - in as many words - what I think about sasquatch. 

If I see one, they are real.  Everyone else in the world could disagree.  They are simply wrong.

Well of course we were; and this is the thing that separates bigfoot skeptics from, well, the people they are normally.

You saw a Big Bird that just ain't real.  But it's proven, to you.

If I see a bipedal primate that all evidence says exists, well, all the evidence is right.  Period.

So if we're not saying the same thing, what we're saying is:  you couldn't have seen yours.  The evidence says that when I see mine, I see something I'll already know is real.