My Mom Had Her House Slapped.....,,,,

norseman

^^^^^^^

Iam going to level with you sasfooty, being completely honest here. I find some backyard stories more compelling than others. Why? Because most backyards are not surrounded by wilderness. They are surrounded by housing tracts and strip malls.....

Guest Urkelbot

I wonder if these type of stories can be chalked up to the work of teens. When I was young I would thought it would have been a fun idea to beat on a random house for no reason at all. I did all kinds of stupid destructive things to people's property who I had never met for no other reason than causing a disturbance for its own sake. Teens are stupid and some do stupid things for no conceivable reason.

Admin

Those teens are a little off kilter, we used to knock on your front door and run, so it would be heard. LOL.  But, you never know what Slapped her house.

Iam going to level with you sasfooty, being completely honest here. I find some backyard stories more compelling than others. Why? Because most backyards are not surrounded by wilderness. They are surrounded by housing tracts and strip malls.....

I haven't read any habituation stories here from people that are surrounded by strip malls & housing tracts, although it's possible that I may have missed one. Do you think that it's inconceivable that anyone who isn't surrounded by PNW wilderness can possibly be having visits from BF?

Thinking back....maybe it included you, or maybe not.....we used to be told that there's no way BF is coming to any houses, because they're afraid of humans. But now that Mom may have had her house slapped by one, the goalpost is moved. "They may, possibly slap a house, but it has to be surrounded by wilderness." And since we're being perfectly honest, if they wanted to slap a house in the middle a housing tract, they would be perfectly capable of doing it.

What happens if Mom suddenly hears them talking to her telepathically?

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

^^^^^^

That's interesting because she mentioned one spring finding evidence of something bedding down by the side of the house multiple times, she said deer or coyote.....

d.

JDL, just to clarify.

You meant when the humans in the house were bedding down didn't you, not the Sasquatches ?

If you were talking about the Sasquatches, it would seem they weren't nocturnal.

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

I wonder if these type of stories can be chalked up to the work of teens. When I was young I would thought it would have been a fun idea to beat on a random house for no reason at all. I did all kinds of stupid destructive things to people's property who I had never met for no other reason than causing a disturbance for its own sake. Teens are stupid and some do stupid things for no conceivable reason.

I haveta agree with Urkelbot on this one.  I woke up to my cousin banging on the side of my house one night.

Long story.

When I was a teenager our house was "slapped" too, except it was more of a pounding. Several times down one side of the house, a pause and then several times up the other side of the house. The entire house shook. The windows rattled. It woke EVERYONE up. Oh, and the pounding was coming from the second story.

I don't think a teenager would have the strength to hit a house that hard.

BobbyO - it was when the people were bedding down, not the squatch.  Channel got boring so the squatch slapped the side of the "set" to liven things up.

JenJen's right.  Teens aren't likely to cause the wall to vibrate and items around the room to shake.

It's fairly common to dream about startling sounds that aren't really present, is my first thought. However, if it repeats, then you may have something interesting. Maybe some kind of gesture of goodwill could be offered to see what happens.

All that said, I recently read on the Oregon Bigfoot site a summary of their data analysis that shows witnesses most often report being at home when their encounters took place.

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

It's fairly common to dream about startling sounds that aren't really present, is my first thought. However, if it repeats, then you may have something interesting. Maybe some kind of gesture of goodwill could be offered to see what happens.

All that said, I recently read on the Oregon Bigfoot site a summary of their data analysis that shows witnesses most often report being at home when their encounters took place.

All five members of my family came running out of our rooms at the same time, asking "WHAT WAS THAT???" So it wasn't a dream, unless all five of us were having the same dream at the same time and it affected all of us the same way.

Anyway, they sold that house a very long time ago, and the place is all built up now. No more Bigfoots around that particular development.

I don't think it ever crossed anyone's mind at the time that it could have been a Bigfoot pounding on the house. It was just a mystery, but I never forgot it because it was so bizarre. I always thought it was a poltergeist, but when I started reading about Bigfoot, I started thinking about other strange things that had happened in that neighborhood, and the house pounding and other stuff finally started to make sense.

You guys certainly weren't dreaming then Jen. My initial reply was to the OP, just ruling everything else out. Too bad about the development.

Sasfooty, I read your post of awhile ago about observing the adult patiently teaching a juvenile to approach and hit the house. That is very puzzling behavior to me.

JKH,

At the time it happened, I thought it was probably a counting coup thing for the little guy & was happy to be allowed to observe it.

A few months later, I was discussing it with someone who had had their car slapped by a larger juvenile, while driving. He said he also saw an adult watching.

You're right, it is very puzzling behavior, but I think there is a reason behind it.