My Mom Had Her House Slapped.....,,,,

norseman

Norseman,

I was thinking that mabee with the snow and melt, could some water have dripped behind the siding and froze again popping a nail or cracking it somewhere?

She has a six foot deck over that part of the house so it's well protected.

Norseman,

A couple of mornings ago I watched a doe and two yearlings eating grass in my backyard. And anytime one of the yearlings got to close to the doe as she was eating, she would chase it away. When they made their way closer to the house one of the yearlings got between the doe and house. When the doe went to chase the yearling away, the yearling jumped up and its body hit the side of the house. It sounded like someone slapped the house.

Maybe that's what happened at your mom's house.

Norseman,

A couple of mornings ago I watched a doe and two yearlings eating grass in my backyard. And anytime one of the yearlings got to close to the doe as she was eating, she would chase it away. When they made their way closer to the house one of the yearlings got between the doe and house. When the doe went to chase the yearling away, the yearling jumped up and its body hit the side of the house. It sounded like someone slapped the house.

Maybe that's what happened at your mom's house.

Based on my walk around, I think this is the most plausible explanation.

Checked with the folks in Missouri yesterday.  They've had no activity since the bit with the woodpile.  She mentioned to me that there was development going on adjacent to their property for a few weeks.  The wooded portion of their property slopes down to a dirt access road at the edge of their property, then the woods continue a hundred yards or so to the shore of the lake.  Apparently developers have started clearing some of the woods down there.  This may have contributed to the change in the attitude of their intermittently resident boogers.

I wonder if their boogers believe that all humans in that local area act with shared knowledge and intent.  If the boogers wanted to express their displeasure at the development, they may well have focused on the couple rather than the crew clearing the trees.  The new development would be a great place to look for prints, I think as the development takes place.

Hello JDL,

You know, if the couple were to scatter some Zagnuts around the developement after hours then maybe when the crew starts to notice footprints it would help corroborate the couple's story.

Edited by hiflier

We had our house slapped about a year ago around midnight. We are in the middle of a thick forest, completely dark and the nearest neighbor 10 acres away (through the woods). The closest house after that is about a half mile away. The neighbors kids are all under 10 years old so I highly doubt it was them. Whatever hit the house shook the walls like it had a fist the size of a bowling ball. A close friend lives in a small portable building on our property about 30 yards away from our house. His building has been slapped twice this winter. Back in December I was out there with him watching tv late one night when we both heard extremely loud banging on a tree right behind the building. When we went outside to look there was nothing around and completely quiet. Given all the other activity around our home in the past we lean toward Bigfoot as the likely suspect. We feel like it's some type of game or entertainment for them. Kinda like when we used to ring people's doorbells and hide, watching them come out while hiding.