Invisible Bigfoot & Alternative Thinking

Guest JudasBeast

Mitch, I took the liberty of repairing your link above. It now operates properly.

That article is by a great person. I have never read anything by him that wasn't excellent. He's also someone I consider to be a friend.

Great post!

See

Thanks for fixing that link for me, See :) Being my first post, I hadn't quite gotten the hang of inserting links yet. And yes! once I had initially read that report, I definitely knew it was worthy of going into the ole favorites list. Figured it was something I'd reread myself or want to share with others at some point, considering it was a pretty unique and fascinating encounter. Cool that the OP is a friend of yours! To actually, literally make physical contact with one like he did?! Not too many people on this planet can say they have done that! Still pretty strange he even snapped a pic from his cell phone and............ nothing. Sure makes a person scratch his head. :unsure:

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Kitaakaze and Thady your points are well taken. Also to those who recommend Seatco...which I did just order.

The problem with a forum on BF is our disparate experience For some it is belief, for others witness, for others..not sure what!

Anyway, I don't think b/c we have failed in the conventional sense of proof so far it means we can't given our technology today, even if they are paranormal or aliens or apes.

How to test those wilder experiences to then represent some kind of fact about BFs (or us) is the question and I don't see that as happening through conventional science, because they won't until they are out in the field themselves and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

But, I want scientists out there observing with all their tools and thinking.

I can't see any personal loss for one choosing to discuss these things openly (the skeptics of paranormal no more or less than of BF or UFOs or Black Holes...right?) unless they have some goal in conventional channels. What are those in BFdom? Tracks to Dr. Meldrum and hair to Dr. Sykes right now I suppose.

In the mean time we only have each other to test our experiences, and I am heartened to read others who have also witnessed and experienced things that I would just not attach to what I was expecting...once I got over BFs are out there...and think it is important conversation.

I do resist concluding what it means, the sum of experiences in this vein, or even my personal ones, but do think it deserves paying attention to if one is already out in the field...( and if not in the field? Don't worry about it, we haven't produced evidence via any school of thought satisfactory so far anyway, there are other more concrete areas to despair over)!

By definition anyone thinking about Bigfoot is fringe really, even one who is not a witness and merely interested in one idea of what BFs ought to be based on their expectations and their presence in this forum is open for ridicule ... by conventional standards..or those into ridicule.

Since a DNA report or HD video or something definitive eludes us...the mystery still beckons doesn't it? Why aren't we doing better at solving this?

so I will just say thanks to those who are still sharing

Oh ha! I wrote all that and really just wanted to post this, based on the prior discussion a page or so ago - interesting take and it would encompass some of the solutions some offer for BFs I would think.........he is on a mission, is it religion? Quantum Activist..http://www.quantumactivist.com/

Edited by apehuman

One of the most persistent errors of both bigfoot skeptics and fringe proponents is in thinking that any kind of serious drive for proof, of the sort that scientists mount when they are actually persuaded something might be real, has ever taken place in this field.

It hasn't.

We should go with the tack that will interest scientists, which is that this is an animal, that its behavior appears to place it with the apes, and that search protocols appropriate to securing confirmation of such an animal be applied.

Paranormal won't interest them. Unless someone has an idea how that can be proven.

DWA I totolly agree with what you are saying ,Going the paranormal route will lead us to no where closer to proving what these creatures are. But yet the longer you investigate these creature the further you tend to lead more to the far side of science . I have tried so hard to stay away from the paranormal side ,but the more I stay away the more I seem to get into this realm of it.I will write on this later on a more secure server.I do have a lot to write about this but will not write on this computer.

Yesterday's paranormal could be today's normal. Once the thing's confirmed, now people will be paying more attention, and then, who knows what we'll find out?

DWA I totolly agree with what you are saying ,Going the paranormal route will lead us to no where closer to proving what these creatures are. But yet the longer you investigate these creature the further you tend to lead more to the far side of science . I have tried so hard to stay away from the paranormal side ,but the more I stay away the more I seem to get into this realm of it.I will write on this later on a more secure server.I do have a lot to write about this but will not write on this computer.

MIB?

MIB?

In person and live ... :o

SSR Team

Here is a report from 1994 from a guy by the name of Brent:

RayG suggested Sleep Paralysis at the time.

Of course he would, he's completely unaware that Sasquatches exist.

I too would probably suggest it too if I wasn't aware that they existed, its understandable.

Most certainly doesn't make it right though.

Thanks for posting that by the way Martin, interesting story.

I appreciated it as well. I experienced sleep paralysis on two occasions during what were meant to be light daytime naps at the site. Both times my partner had left the site to go to town, so gone perhaps a few hours. I have experienced sleep paralysis twice before in my life, over twenty years ago! So, I do know what it feels like and can't explain it beyond what medicine/science says, but I can say it was upsetting at the time and the content of the dreams directly related to the situation going on there (so dreams also relieve stress right? Or? )

These events combined with so many others that are on this edge of whatever it is we keep bumping into seem to have a common thread in BFs...

between the sleep paralysis, blue eyes that glow, white flashes of small lights, amber eyeshine..whistling serenades, howling greetings...gifting..(there are many of us with similar stories I see...trusting those doesn't happen till it happens to you!) and weird dreams that shock me awake to see it, the UFO sightings and so so...it is all adding up to be strange and related..or not!

I can't say I paid so much attention to the night wilderness before, or its skies and mysteries, in the way I have these past five years......perhaps some of this is unrelated and we just attach to the one mystery we seem almost able to follow F&B Bigfoots? Anyway, am waiting for Spirit of Seatco...and some speculation until I have (or we!) more data!

Guest LarryP

I appreciated it as well. I experienced sleep paralysis on two occasions during what were meant to be light daytime naps at the site. Both times my partner had left the site to go to town, so gone perhaps a few hours. I have experienced sleep paralysis twice before in my life, over twenty years ago! So, I do know what it feels like and can't explain it beyond what medicine/science says, but I can say it was upsetting at the time and the content of the dreams directly related to the situation going on there (so dreams also relieve stress right? Or? )

These events combined with so many others that are on this edge of whatever it is we keep bumping into seem to have a common thread in BFs...

between the sleep paralysis, blue eyes that glow, white flashes of small lights, amber eyeshine..whistling serenades, howling greetings...gifting..(there are many of us with similar stories I see...trusting those doesn't happen till it happens to you!) and weird dreams that shock me awake to see it, the UFO sightings and so so...it is all adding up to be strange and related..or not!

I can't say I paid so much attention to the night wilderness before, or its skies and mysteries, in the way I have these past five years......perhaps some of this is unrelated and we just attach to the one mystery we seem almost able to follow F&B Bigfoots? Anyway, am waiting for Spirit of Seatco...and some speculation until I have (or we!) more data!

Did the paralysis occur while you were dreaming?

the paralysis occurred thru the duration of a dream yes, and during it I was aware I could not open my eyes or move, in the dream or in (apparently) reality, until you can and on doing so awaken as your eyes open.....it is a strange thing in that it has a really odd physical sense to it, as though it is real in a way most dreams don't feel or seem real...or one is aware are a dream while occurring..the difference with these is they feel real..while happening and fall in a class of uncomfortable dreams too..in that anxiety is high on awakening and that rarely occurs for me from any dream.

Edited by apehuman

But yet the longer you investigate these creature the further you tend to lead more to the far side of science . I have tried so hard to stay away from the paranormal side ,but the more I stay away the more I seem to get into this realm of it.

That *may* be true for some people, but it's not universally true for everyone or for myself. I've been actively researching and investigating reports for 10 years. I've not been led down a dark rabbit hole to any conclusions like that.

Of course, the idea of an invisible bigfoot does pose the interesting proposition: "If you can't see it, how could a person possibly know what something is?" :blind:

Edited by GuyInIndiana

My sense is that the high strangeness starts to appear over time spent in proximity with the same individual Sasquatch people. I don't think it's as likely to happen in "one off" situations, where you just stumble upon one (or one stumbles upon you).

P.S. Apehuman, your experiences are really, really interesting. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Edited by LeafTalker