Invisible Bigfoot & Alternative Thinking

Guest JudasBeast

Rather than a Bigfoot who can jump from dimension to dimension, I am leaning toward a Bigfoot who can cause you not to see them. By what mechanism, I don't begin to know. However the process works, if it exists, I suspect that they have to be standing still, it doesn't work when they are moving. Just some WAGs on my part.

P.S.

I don't think they can influence a camera, so if you get one of those feelings of being watched, take pictures of your surroundings.

Guest LAL

Even normal people can have parietal lobe seizures. They cause things to "disappear" and result in "lost time". That's a pretty simple mechanism, IMO..

Another common alternative theory is bigfoot's capability for telepathy. Left temporal lobe seizures or other slight abnormalities in that part of a person's brain structure, that is not necessarily pathological, could make them prone to hearing voices in their head under the right circumstances. I was listening to a show the other night and telepathic bigfoot was being discussed. Somehow the folks discussing the topic thought hearing a voice in their head speaking to them, that they identified as bigfoot, was a form of telepathy. Telepathy never manifests itself as a voice in your head. It either comes across as a feeling, as a mental picture of a scene or as written words, a message in a dream, and it can even be a sudden inspirational idea but it never manifests itself as an audible voice in your head. You may hear a voice when experiencing clairaudience, but it is coming from outside of you as a disembodied voice.

I am not really sure what is happening to these folks who claim to hear bigfoot talking to them in their heads out in the field. My only theory for what is happening goes back to infrasound possibilities that could also be responsible for bigfoot's invisibility. Perhaps the receiver (human) has the right brain structure and gets zapped by infrasound. The person then thinks he hears a voice in in his head. The voice says what he expects to hear bigfoot say according to what he perceives a bigfoot to be. It's more like wishful thinking that rises up from the receiver's unconscious mind. Even quantum physics can't explain a voice in your head, at most you might get a transfer of feelings. For some reason, it just bugged me that these researchers thought hearing a voice in their head indicated telepathy. Here is a link to the Tibetan's take on how telepathy actually manifests itself:

http://www.esoteric-philosophy.net/telepathy.html

Guest BFSleuth

Unfortunately I failed to write down the documentary I was watching last night for reference, it had to do with black holes and the theories of Hawking. In the program a researcher is working on the idea that sound in certain frequencies and volume can affect light by delaying or holding it up, as a way to study particle behavior in a stream of light.

Sound can also affect perception of light:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080821210345.htm

• 8 months later...

An oldie but goodie thread....heheheh

Found new info about Eyeshine and Eyeglow. Actually it's from 2009 and I'm suprised no one cited it or linked to it. Many reports have come in of Bigfoot and glowing eyes, Bigfoot using it's eyes like a flashlight ect....

Found this and in past discussions it was noted for this to be possible blah...blah..blah...the rods in the eyes would have to be biologically different, it wouldn't work...yadda...yadda...I think this argument may be incorrect as it's more likely the amount of Rhodopsin IN THE RODS is the question that was never asked nor addressed. :P

http://cursedhouse.com/2012/01/cat-boy/

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/human-biology/eye2.htm

You mean you think the quantity of the rhodopsin differs, or that there is a different mechanism involved to accomodate both day/night vision? The thought that they may have more rhodopsin would mean they couldn't see in the day just based on my recollection of the research I read.

It doesn't say how that child's vision is in the day time. Leukodermia refers to loss of pigment but most reports say bigfoot has black eyes. I'm trying to see how this might fit in with the less, more, or different rhodopsin.

Now if bigfoot had an all black nictitating membrane that covered his eyes during the day, it might solve the problem, and explain the solid black appearance of the eyes. Once again, he is a miracle of evolution with built in sun glasses. :)

Edited by Jodie

Well, well. How about that!

Looks like the "eyeglow" crowd has been vindicated at last!!! ^_^

You may have hit the nail on the head, Jodie. I have a pic of a white one that was taken at night, & he has green, but not glowing eyes. Maybe they have several membranes & open & close them as needed.

Edited by Sasfooty

Maybe the Inter-dimensional vanishing Sasquatch with ESP deserves further looking into. Is it anymore crazy then standing in the middle of nowhere banging on a tree with a stick?

This is the same pattern of thinking that caused primitive cultures to to develop rituals or even religions involving magic and superstition. This brand of pseudoscience answers questions but really leads one farther from the truth. The unanswered nagging question is why can't we find and photograph biggie? Shall we quickly jump to an answer that involves magic, a form of pseudoscience, or do we remain patient until real science steps in with the answer?

BFF Patron

An oldie but goodie thread....heheheh

Found new info about Eyeshine and Eyeglow. Actually it's from 2009 and I'm suprised no one cited it or linked to it. Many reports have come in of Bigfoot and glowing eyes, Bigfoot using it's eyes like a flashlight ect....

Found this and in past discussions it was noted for this to be possible blah...blah..blah...the rods in the eyes would have to be biologically different, it wouldn't work...yadda...yadda...I think this argument may be incorrect as it's more likely the amount of Rhodopsin IN THE RODS is the question that was never asked nor addressed. :P

http://cursedhouse.c...012/01/cat-boy/

http://science.howst...iology/eye2.htm

Good article that second one, disturbing to see them spell "optic chiasm" wrong (geesh, oh well, but maybe BF has an optic chasm as well, like bigger, deeper eyes; wider distances between them, whatever)

Wonder if "cat eye" boy has more guanine crystals than normal in those peepers.

Edited by bipedalist

You mean you think the quantity of the rhodopsin differs, or that there is a different mechanism involved to accomodate both day/night vision? The thought that they may have more rhodopsin would mean they couldn't see in the day just based on my recollection of the research I read.

It doesn't say how that child's vision is in the day time. Leukodermia refers to loss of pigment but most reports say bigfoot has black eyes. I'm trying to see how this might fit in with the less, more, or different rhodopsin.

Now if bigfoot had an all black nictitating membrane that covered his eyes during the day, it might solve the problem, and explain the solid black appearance of the eyes. Once again, he is a miracle of evolution with built in sun glasses. :)

The article said Leukoderma first, but extra Rhodopsin would answer some things maybe if the rods in their eyes are different than ours. More of that chemical in the rods would definately give them

different vision than ours. :) I'm not convinced they have the extra eyelids. I posted this to illustrate this is biologically possible in Bipeds.

BFF Patron

Guanine probably has as much to do with it from some of the other threads on the topic here.

The article said Leukoderma first, but extra Rhodopsin would answer some things maybe if the rods in their eyes are different than ours. More of that chemical in the rods would definately give them

different vision than ours. :) I'm not convinced they have the extra eyelids. I posted this to illustrate this is biologically possible in Bipeds.

I wish I could remember exactly what was said about it and where it came from, but based on memory, extra rods or extra Rhodopsin would in essence decrease day vision when the sun bleached them out assuming you had a finite amount of rods and cones and the distribution or content was different to enable night vision. The genes are there to go either way in primates and toggle back and forth to produce either night or day vision depending on environment, unfortunately no primate has both for the reason I was given above.

Could you give us an example or two?

Some Australian Aborigines believe that a giant snake (rainbow serpent) slithered across the continent creating all of its rivers. They also believe that the same snake turned a whole tribe into colorful birds and that is where parrots etc came from.

Martin

I agree. I think too many think themselves superior to Bigfoot because humans live in houses, drive cars, then work like slaves paying for gas, utilities and cellphone bills. How superior are people considering how unhappy people are and how messed up society is? So what if Bigfoot didn't build his own car. He's probably healthier from walkin.........................................................

Bigfoot are the 99% :Dlol

Edited by Martin

Muahahahhh If you look closely enough into their Rhodopsin laden eyes then you can see their soul.

No, they can see yours.