Invisible Bigfoot & Alternative Thinking

Guest JudasBeast

If their hair/fur is anything like mohair of course they will be blurry after standing out in the weather. Make the mistake of washing a mohair sweater on delicate cycle like I did and you will notice that the sweater's dimensions are undetectable from even five feet away, it just becomes a hairy puff ball mess.

Edited by Jodie

Some Australian Aborigines believe that a giant snake (rainbow serpent) slithered across the continent creating all of its rivers. They also believe that the same snake turned a whole tribe into colorful birds and that is where parrots etc came from.

Martin

Bigfoot are the 99% :Dlol

why you doing quotes from april of last year pray tell? :blink:?

http://theartfulamoeba.com/2011/05/05/hot-rhodopsin/

Similarly, the proteins called rhodopsins are found in two seemingly completely unrelated places: the retina of your (and all vertebrate) eyes, and in some photosynthetic archaea and bacteria. We use ours for detecting light (it’s in the rod cells used for low-light vision); they use theirs to pump protons (as illustrated and discussed recently here) to make food.

And now, scientists have discovered a predatory dinoflagellate that has apparently stolen a bacterial photorhodopsin from one of its meals — and is using it (see also here).

The protein in question is called rhodopsin (Greek root “rhodo†= rose and “opsis†= sight) because it absorbs blue-green light and so appears purplish-red. Rhodopsins have seven protein coils called alpha helices that pass through membranes the protein is embedded in. In turn, embedded inside the helices is retinal, a light-sensitive pigment. As a result, the whole structure changes shape in response to light. In vertebrates, rhodopsin has another subunit called a “G protein“. G protein acts as signal transducer, or on-off switch in a signaling cascade — just like a switch in an electrical circuit. Vertebrates use it to relay information to the brain about what the eyes are seeing. Bacteria use their rhodopsin simply for pumping protons, not for signalling, so they have no need for G protein section.

It also probably has something to do with the Guanine as well...didn't have time to keep digging this evening Saw an interesting mention out in interweb-land of a mammal that can do the light emitting thingy but need to do much more backtracking interestingly it's called autofluourescence. :P

BFF Patron

Wouldn't it be cool if it was a harmless, but contagious bacterial reaction/infection in BF and if you got close enough to one, you too could have the brightest eyes on the block and read the newspaper in bed without benefit of house lights. ph34r.gif

why you doing quotes from april of last year pray tell? :blink:?

I think I did it with infra-sound.... :rolleyes:

M

Edited by Martin

Wouldn't it be cool if it was a harmless, but contagious bacterial reaction/infection in BF and if you got close enough to one, you too could have the brightest eyes on the block and read the newspaper in bed without benefit of house lights. ph34r.gif

I would always be finding people to scare in the dark. That would probably never get old.

:excl: Whoa. WHOA.

Suddenly it all becomes clear....oddball cases of luekoderma pop up and when they turn out to be advantageous, nocturnal-wise, become more and more widespread. Gadzooks, even. + 1 for Grayjay. I bow to your scholarly magnificence and all. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest JiggyPotamus

I think that in every one of these situations, where sasquatch is reported to simply disappear, there is always another explanation that the witness, in their excitement, either simply overlooked, or purposefully denied to support their conclusions. The latter probably doesn't happen too often.

First of all, I would not take too many night sightings of invisibility too seriously, since we don't see well at night to begin with. There may be a few worth looking into, but I am confident that if the witness could accurately relay the series of events and positions of all parties, a suitable "logical" explanation could readily be found.

For those who have been fortunate enough to see these animals, you know that they are extremely aware of whether or not they can be seen, usually that is. They know how to use tree cover and any other foliage to their advantage. They also are not afraid to go to 4's in underbrush, and will even lie on the ground and crawl in some instances.

So if someone sees one go behind a tree, waits a little while, and then gets the courage to investigate only to find nothing there, they entertain the "invisibility" hypothesis. But, wouldn't it be more likely that the animal simply crouched down low and crawled away, or possibly used the angles of other nearby trees to remain hidden while it retreated?

For an animal that thrives on anonymity, it is extremely probable that they have advanced knowledge, either instinctual or acquired (probably both), that benefits them in encounters with humans. Especially for the animals with a higher IQ than others. One one end of the spectrum you have the extremely skittish (intelligent) squatch, and at the other end there is that squatch in the game-cam picture that someone posted from the hunting forums...You know, the "special needs sasquatch".

That is just my opinion of course, and although I have ideas that I "know" are correct, I will not go out of my way to make anyone else believe the truth. But one must remember that these creatures are as diverse personality and behavior-wise as any other wild animal, therefore what is typical of one sasquatch may not be for another. This could result from geographic location, food availability, etc...Basically anything that would affect any population of mammals anywhere else in the forests of North America.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

Re disappearing, they do do do. They seem to disappear. NO doubt. That is one thing that makes the whole thing so odd, puzzling, and abnormal that I just can't leave it alone.

In one of Rusty's books, a bush pilot in Alaska describes three bf approaching his plane, which is on a lake shore. He says they were a golden color, and when they stopped moving, they disappeared. Other reports say the same thing. The woman who has a habituation in Oregon or WA, forget her name.... who was on bigfoot tonight blogtalk one time, said the same of the first one she saw, for example.

They freeze, and you can't see them. I believe this is due to some kind of optical property of their hair or something, because you can still see their eyes if their eyes are open, I know. It's freaky. ANd scary. I think they even sneak up on you and are around you and you can't see the darn things.

Anybody ever experience unusual sort of tickling feelings around their face when out squatching? Like something is brushing your face with leaves or something? I know that sounds really crazy, and probably I am just so nervous I imagined this.....but sort of wonder.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Disappear? Actually disappear, as in JK Rowling's best Invisibility Cloak? As in "My Favourite Martian"? As in cartoons?

Righto.

Mike

Disappear? Actually disappear, as in JK Rowling's best Invisibility Cloak? As in "My Favourite Martian"? As in cartoons?

Righto.

Mike

absolutely, they tap into a gland in their brain that excretes an oily substance through their sweat glands. There was a documentary about it that came out in 2000. They produced 46 episodes of the documentary only introducing the facts after setting up the premise early in the series. Unfortunately, the whole process was censored by a nebulous government agency... that, and prolonged exposure to the hormone caused insanity.

I know nobody wants to hear this again but hallucinations "disappear" all the time. I think most of those incidents where the BF just stops and disappears is just that. Not sayin' y'all are crazy but... :rolleyes:

I know nobody wants to hear this again but hallucinations "disappear" all the time. I think most of those incidents where the BF just stops and disappears is just that. Not sayin' y'all are crazy but... :rolleyes:

My wife did a psych rotation, there were THREE Jesus Christs in the ward. Three. Each absolutely convinced they were who they said they were, super powers and all. The other two were sorely mistaken, and they could prove it. Except they couldn't, but that's a different story.

It made for interesting hallway conversations.

If these things are going to be proven to be anything other than social construct or hallucination, they won't glow, disappear, teleport, levitate, jump dimensions. They'll poop in the woods like everyone else.