Is Sasquatch A Secret?

hiflier

I remember finding the Army Corps of Engineer's information in the 70's.  It was a huge relief because up until then I didn't know what the dang things were other than strange hairy aboriginal people that no one ever mentioned.

I don't recall it as a tongue in cheek document.  I recall it taking the subject seriously.  I had the impression that Army Corps of Engineers personnel had encountered them based on the accuracy of their description. 

This one probably slipped by because it was out of the purview of the Department of the interior.

Guest Urkelbot

For what it's worth my father has worked for the forest service for 35+ years as a pathologist in Oregon. He is a believer in Sasquatch for the most part. I asked him awhile back if anyone he had worked with had an encounter or discovered any evidence. He said he hadn't heard of anything and with all his time in the field hasnt seen anything bu was looking. He has worked his way up the ladder a ways but probably not to the cabal if one exists, or he can't tell me! My father and his colleagues are scientists and a discovery like Bigfoot is why people become scientists. I don't see them sitting on it or covering it up.

He has mentioned on several occasions that it is very difficult to actually fire someone at least in his department. Usually if someone is unwanted they get transferred to somewhere undesirable.

Any conspiracy most likely would originate with, and be implemented by, policy-makers and not the scientific staff, except perhaps at the highest level.

SSR Team

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that certain agencies know that beyond doubt these things exist, it isn't even comprehensible for me to think they don't know.

If we are going to ask why it is that they secret, like most things in the modern world, I have trouble looking past $$$.

1976 Army Corps of Engineer's Field Manual for Washington state was available 

at places like Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Pierce county, WA. I suspect Pierce 

county holds the record for most reported BF sightings. 

I wonder if there's ever been a survey about Bigfoot's credibility just in that area.

Aside from that, aren't there places in the USA where Bf is seen so often, that no 

one would bother to report it? 

Is Sasquatch a well kept secret and, if you think yes, how is it being accomplished?

It is being accomplished by the all-pervading patronisation of the subject as a joke and those that mention it in any way as weirdos that should be mocked. If this is deliberate negative propaganda by those that wish to keep a creature from discovery or acceptance, then it has worked perfectly so far and I would imagine there isn't much need for any organization to order a veil of secrecy as it wouldn't be as effective as current social attitudes anyway.

It also plays into the hands of human nature. I would be interested to know when this attitude started, has it been this way since the 1950's, or did it begin before or since? Does anyone feel it has been engineered or has it arisen naturally and just encouraged?

I think that were sasquatch a secret being intentionally kept by Higher Levels, the BFRO and NAWAC databases would be gone.  You wouldn't see them.  Krantz and Meldrum wouldn't have those books out; in fact there'd be none.  Nothing particularly sinister - to us - would have to happen.  The only problem with this would be free-speech outcry from those folks...and it's just hard for me to believe the government would do what it had to do to shut that up.

I think that sasquatch is one of history's more poorly kept "secrets."  And not intentionally.  The societal "conspiracy" is one of denial, the innocent sort that happens when one is schooled from an early age that certain things just aren't real.  One only needs to look at scientists' pronouncements on the matter to see this.

Hello spurfoot,

But the creature is not recognized. I would like to challenge any member to find anything in any current official document that addresses Sasquatch in any way, shape, or form at any level in those listed agencies. I find that alone to be more curious than whether or not Human laws apply. And I thank you for your discernment on "the" topic. I do not want this thread locked- there's too much to cover here.

The Army Corps of Engineers Atlas for the state of Washington once discussed sasquatch...and as very possibly not a myth.

Anyone got a link to that?

Oh, here's one (that didn't jam up my browser):  http://www.bigfootlunchclub.com/search/label/US%20Army%20Corps%20of%20Engineers

There is at the very least copious evidence off that link (check out the Bigfoot Encounters page link) of how difficult it is to keep an official secret, if not that no secret is being intentionally kept at all.

Edited by DWA

It is being accomplished by the all-pervading patronisation of the subject as a joke and those that mention it in any way as weirdos that should be mocked. If this is deliberate negative propaganda by those that wish to keep a creature from discovery or acceptance, then it has worked perfectly so far and I would imagine there isn't much need for any organization to order a veil of secrecy as it wouldn't be as effective as current social attitudes anyway.

It also plays into the hands of human nature. I would be interested to know when this attitude started, has it been this way since the 1950's, or did it begin before or since? Does anyone feel it has been engineered or has it arisen naturally and just encouraged?

One of my biggest questions regarding this topic is how the denial got started.

As disputed, isolated accounts stretch back to the beginnings of the republic, my thesis - unproven but with much backing it up - is that the European 'wildman' tradition - in which such things are always treated as mythical - informed us from earliest settlement.  For reasons some of which the BFF prohibits us from talking about, we just can't get comfortable with the idea that something this close to us (in our perception) could be real.

As with most explanations of seemingly peculiar human behaviors, this one is probably pretty mundane. It might likely just be: To avoid the paperwork. 

^^^I have no doubt that "deliberate cover-ups" of sasquatch evidence have occurred for that very mundane reason which has very mundane justifications.

Responses of officials can range widely.  Here's one.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=36218  (look particularly at the bottom of the third paragraph of the investigation report).

And here's another.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1372  (look particularly at the last paragraph, Conclusion).

And heck, another.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/347  (just read it).

Meldrum relates an instance in which a couple finding tracks got blown off by the local USFS office...then called back by a USFS employee in the office (whispering, by the way), who said that some in the office were keeping an off-the-record database of evidence.

None of this sounds to me like any more than garden variety please-don't-bother-me-with-this-Lord bureaucratic problem-shedding.

^^^

"That's not here.  That got reorganized out of our office."

"We do our own people in space.  We're not sure about other planets' people, and really don't keep track of that stuff."

"Uh huh....big....muscles....manlike....eyeshine...."  [scribbles:  NUT   nutnutNUT  Ten this week   plays tictactoe...beats herself!]

Let me just say, when I called the Ca. DFG Regional Wildlife Manager in Rancho Corvova(Sacramento Area) back in Oct. 2011 I asked if she had heard of the shooting of two bigfoot in Plumas Co. that year. Her reply was a very tearse "no" "we don't pay attention to those type of reports". That statement in itself flys in the face of the fact that two DFG troopers had already visited Justins' house. In I think it is Tribal Bigfoot the author visited the DFG official that has the file of BF reports.Other evidence of cover-ups I am aware of (but haven't confirmed for myself so I will just say heresay for now) is that the DFG have a body part in a freeze locker. Remember Mt. St. Helens. Don't want to get off tract with this thread as requested but IMHO there is just more to the story that the public knows for sure.

Here's another interesting one:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=231

Still, when choosing between "Massive Government-Media Conspiracy" and "let's not have a mob scene and a bunch of people hospitalized here" on this one, I gotta go with the latter.

And that's an unfortunate commentary on what kind of animal we tend to be under the uniforms, suits/ties, makeup, etc.

Assuming Bigfoot is known and a body is held somewhere by the FEDS and there is a gag order about Bigfoot. Why or did they provide a permit to film the new Bigfoot bounty TV show in the Gifford Pinchot NF?

Isn't that some proof or acknowledgment by them of the possibility of a creature? If the agencies are under a gag order then why would they allow the filming?

it would be interesting to see how the permit is worded. 

http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/giffordpinchot/passes-permits/event-commercial