Has Anyone Tried Using Bait And A Trail Camera?

TD-40

She sent me all the trail cam shots from that day and my avatar pic is a crop from one of those.

Hi Sunflower

Maybe you missed me asking before, but would it be possible to see the original pic that you cropped your avatar pic from please?

Thanks

Been a part of small groups, that tried bacon and a hidden trail cam pointed at it... no results, and no activity. Not even on the drop audio recorders. Solo, just tried the bacon .. with no results, but unknown distant audio captured.

I use no more cameras.. period. I think what I'm dealing with.. is just too smart for meat bait, footprint traps, hair snares, and especially.. camera traps

Edited by imonacan

Guest Cervelo

I've taken road kill and dragged it into the woods and put my trail cam over it...all the usual suspects raccoon, opposum, dogs, cats, ect ect but no Bigfoot.

I have used everything from a Christmas ham, Thanksgiving Turkey, freezer burned fish and chicken, O-fest sausage, and a half-eaten Big N' Nasty burger from Mickey D's. And I got bear, coons, coyote, opossum, w. spotted skunk, cougar, bobcat, mice, gray jays, ravens, etc. I did get a ground squirrel eating some freezer burned chicken once. But no bigfeets.

Nothing touched the Big N' Nasty burger from Mickey D's.

It sounds like some jurisdictions allow the placing of bait to attract wildlife, for hunting and photography. That is not the case in British Columbia. Baiting while hunting will get you a very hefty fine, and licence suspension. Using bait to attract subjects for photography is universally frowned upon by both pros and amateurs, in the same manner as having an ace tucked up your sleeve is at a poker table. If I set out a bait for Bigfoot, I'd have a very hard time convincing a C.O. that I wasn't trying to poach a bear, in or out of season. That means I actually have to HUNT for Sasquatch, or my venison, not lure it to me, which in the end, is much more satisfying, anyway.

Hello imonacan,

What else is there then but to dive into the woods and go and get one.

Hello, that approach has been tried to death. Just watch BF series TV, and the methods used.. with no success. I'll settle for, a nice camping trip and maybe an interesting audio capture. To prove anything to anyone ? No, just for my own experience

Hello imonacan,

TV? No thanks, ain't watched it in 2.5 years and I'm not about to take it up again- ever. Yeah, the camping trip works for me too :)

Edited by hiflier

Actually trail cameras are a BIG deal now in the trophy hunting community.  I'd guess there were a hundred thousand or so this fall placed on game trails or fields In Canada and the USA scouting for trophy whitetail bucks, moose, elk, etc.  I know in my neck of the woods in Canada all the serious hunters have several game trail cameras each that they place for weeks every fall while they scout for trophy racks.  They pick up all kinds of deer, moose, elk, bear, even wolves and cougars.  Never a bigfoot that I am aware of.  

The non believers will respond with "Of course not, since they don't exist".  The believers have to believe that "bigfoot can sense infrared light" or "they are so intelligent that they can see the cameras (even when well hidden?)"  My thoughts are if Sasquatch is a "normal animal" like a deer, bear, etc. we would have photos on game cams by now.  They even have recorded wolverines in California with game cams, and they were supposed to have gone extinct there many decades ago.  From the reports, there would be many more Bigfoot in California than wolverines, so it makes no sense to me why they can't be photographed this way.  Unless of course the sceptics are correct and they don't exist (at least as a "real" animal).

^^^Many unfounded assumptions in that post.

How many people observe bigfoot that we never hear from?  Or wolverines for that matter?

We don't know why we don't have camshots of bigfoot yet.  Maybe the 5,685 clear photos that have been taken aren't public because every single cam owner knows he will be accused of a hoax, and doesn't care who knows if he does.

(Skeptics:  you see what you're doing, right?)

But we do know this:  we don't know enough about them to have the foggiest notion where to put a game cam.

Edited by DWA

Hello 9ft tall,

Hey, welcome to the Forum. If Sasquatch exists it would seem that a way to trick the eye/brain needs some better research. Although many of the animals you mention, which HAVE a tapeta ludidum, are caught on trail cams. Ah well....

Edited by hiflier

But we do know this:  we don't know enough about them to have the foggiest notion where to put a game cam.

Well, all I can add is the trophy hunters I know with game cams are VERY keen, and place them in every location they can think of where a very wary trophy whitetail (or wolf, cougar, etc) might possibly pass by.  This includes places where more than one game trail crosses (so they can photograph, an animal coming down either trail), shallow creek crossings, food plots, "saddles" in hills where game are most likely to cross, "inside edges" of heavy bush on the edge of food fields, etc.  Still no Bigfoot photos on game cams…But photos of rare and very wary animals on occasion, for example cougars and trophy whitetail bucks.

I also recall that there have been three different wild jaguars photographed repeatedly in southern Arizona by game cams.  Apparently there are now no longer any, however these 3 animals were photographed repeatedly by game cams.   While I'm going by memory on the wild jaguars in Arizona, it seems to me that if Bigfoot roams the woods "as an animal" there are a lot more of them than just 3.  I've read estimates/guestimates of 2000 - 10,000.  So I can't help but think it is really stretching it to believe they can always see all the game cams all the time, even the ones that are expertly hidden.  It just doesn't add up.  If we can photograph a California wolverine (guesses of less than 6 in the entire state) or all 3 of each of the wild jaguars in Arizona repeatedly, why not Bigfoot?

Answer:  I don't know, and can't assume there aren't numerous very clear photos taken by people who aren't willing to run the gantlet of the Where's The Body? Denial Circus.

SOMEBODY GOT A MOVIE OF ONE!  look what happened.  CLEAR THERMAL VIDEOS of what couldn't, logically, be anything else.  Look what's happening.  (Hint:  moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.)

Why would anyone with a good photo - and nothing else - make it public?

No.Dam.Reason.

Edited by DWA