Bf Vulnerabilities?

JanV

Guest JiggyPotamus

There definitely exist reports which detail these animals smelling the air, sort of like a dog or other animal will do sometimes. So if these reports are accurate, it tells us that bigfoot attempts to utilize this sense to gain information. But unfortunately it doesn't tell us whether they have a good sense of smell, or whether it is superior to that of humans.

Although I must admit I find it interesting that they smell the air at all. I don't think that most humans would move their heads all around in an attempt to identify a scent in the air, but humans are different for at least one major reason...we don't usually need the information that comes from doing such a thing. Occasionally someone might do that anyway, it is just that most people seem to only react to the smells that reach them, in most circumstances, and don't go around smelling things. Most people, lol.

So I suppose that comparing humans and sasquatch in this instance doesn't provide much information. I could see sasquatch attempting to utilize all their senses, even if these senses were not very advanced. But another thing is that a wild animal will probably always have a better sense of smell than a human, since our lives are so different. They depend on the information they can gather from their habitat, including smell. We do too, but we don't NEED it to survive in most cases. So if they can get any advantage, especially if there is no tradeoff, they will likely grab it. Using their sense of smell is easy, and carries no downsides.

Seeing as how sasquatch likely have no constant predators, their weaknesses may not matter all that much. If we knew for certain that there were animals that hunted and killed sasquatch, then it would be easier for us to identify their weaknesses. But seeing as all we know about them is that they are smarter than us in the woods, and can utilize their environment in ways most humans wouldn't think about, we see more of their strengths, as you said in your opening post.

I'm sure that pre-humans possessed certain heightened senses that have been lost in modern humans, so it is also possible that sasquatch, depending on their branch of evolution, could have superior senses to those of a human.

Vulnerabilities?  Being too hungry, thirsty, cold, hot, nervous, curious, etc., etc., etc.  I am confident that they make mistakes a lot more than we could possibly know.

Guest zenmonkey

Vulnerabilities, their curiosity! It will catch up with them here soon, I'd also say their lack of ability to track more than one person at a time. Well at least it seems that way.

Don't know how best to describe what I have begun to suspect is a fundamental difference between the way they process and the way we process information. Let's call it the walk and chew gum syndrome.

I wonder why when they are walking down a road it seems as though the car you are in comes as a surprise to them? Is it possible that they focus on one thing at a time and are unable to multi-task.

SSR Team

That's a very interesting line of thought indie and I really like it.

Thinking outside of the regular box that has seen little to no success for 40 plus years in recent times has to be encouraged.

It also coincides to a word that I never knew existed that I came across recently that is massively relevant to how I feel researchers have possibly gone so incredibly wrong where this subject is concerned.

Anthropomorphism

Anthropomorphism, or personification, is attribution of human form or other characteristics to anything other than a human being.

Do you or don't you though ?

Our subject is the only other predominantly upright Primate there is.

There seems to be a riddle as to why they are on one hand reclusive and avoid exposure, and at other times are bold as brass and walk up to occupied homes and camps. Maybe they get whacky on fermented fruit or hallucinogenic plants and behave out of character. You would think that would lead to a captured or deceased individual though.

Something causes them to change personalities or behaviors at times.

^^^No riddle at all.  Many animals reputed for shyness and skittishness will on occasion display equal boldness.  There's plenty of precedent.

Guest zenmonkey

Don't know how best to describe what I have begun to suspect is a fundamental difference between the way they process and the way we process information. Let's call it the walk and chew gum syndrome.

I wonder why when they are walking down a road it seems as though the car you are in comes as a surprise to them? Is it possible that they focus on one thing at a time and are unable to multi-task.

Well brings me to another one of my favorite worm holes time. Its thought that only we "perceive" time for instance your dog doesn't know one hour from the next kinda like when you leave and they think you are never coming home lol. Do they zoom in on one subject and forge the rest. Do they realize whats coming next from recognizing patterns?They must given the level of intelligence we think we are dealing with. Sorry kinda left field there.

If they follow available food sources on a yearly basis they must have a firm grasp of time, or did I miss your point?

That would be a reasonable assumption, but I doubt that they would have the same concept of time as we do.

Moving with the seasons, following food supplies is common to all sorts of animals. I don't think this is a good argument for BF to have an advanced sense of time.

But I am interested as to how they perceive the passage of time and if there are clues to this subject in accounts of their behaviors.

If they are a primitive type of homo something they might have developed an abstract version of time but without true language that provides humans the symbolism necessary to stand outside the "tyranny of the present" I don't know how they could do this. Interesting, none the less.