Bf Vulnerabilities?

JanV

Suggestive of the idea that they are very sensitive in the green visual range, Bob Garret reports on Sasquatch Chronicles ep 34, that he was charged "for real" by a large alpha and stopped it dead with a green laser he had around his neck. Now they'll mess up a human's vision pretty good, but nevertheless sounds pretty impressive, that it stopped a genuinely enraged sas dead in it's tracks. He says they basically cut off a juvenile from it and didn't think it was in any way a bluff charge.

I'm convinced enough that I'm eager to add a good quality green laser to my kit. It would be cruel of course to be shining it around casually, and to flash it at every noise in bush, but for emergencies, sounds like something good to have. I think overuse might spoil shock value also.

Another thing he often says, that when they're getting a lot of activity out in the field when they've established a camp is "Everything they threw at us we threw on the fire" .. resulting in large bonfires.... and resulting in the sas generally withdrawing after a while, so to me that's anecdotal proof of a big fire being your good buddy.

Another vulnerability may be its need to protect it's young, family units, territory, feeding areas, etc. If it was running interference for other squatches or trying to attract attention away from its group so they could flee.......

there may be an exposure or letting down their guard.

I came across an Eastern U.S. Native American oral history a while back in which it was stated that European diseases had impacted the Squatch population even harder than the Native American populations. So hard that the Native Americans actually believed for over a generation that the Squatch had been completely wiped out. Apparently Squatch used to be fairly common.

The oral history was actually mostly about chronicling the Native American experience immediately following the arrival of Europeans in the 1500's. The section on Squatch was only a small part of it.

Suggestive of the idea that they are very sensitive in the green visual range, Bob Garret reports on Sasquatch Chronicles ep 34, that he was charged "for real" by a large alpha and stopped it dead with a green laser he had around his neck. Now they'll mess up a human's vision pretty good, but nevertheless sounds pretty impressive, that it stopped a genuinely enraged sas dead in it's tracks. He says they basically cut off a juvenile from it and didn't think it was in any way a bluff charge.

I'm convinced enough that I'm eager to add a good quality green laser to my kit. It would be cruel of course to be shining it around casually, and to flash it at every noise in bush, but for emergencies, sounds like something good to have. I think overuse might spoil shock value also.

Another thing he often says, that when they're getting a lot of activity out in the field when they've established a camp is "Everything they threw at us we threw on the fire" .. resulting in large bonfires.... and resulting in the sas generally withdrawing after a while, so to me that's anecdotal proof of a big fire being your good buddy.

I think you'd be a lot better off with a gun or at least some pepper spray. I don't think when confronted by a large animal,pulling out a little laser and attempting to aim it into its eyes will be very effective.

I,had a friend in high school with one of those crappy little red lasers and he liked to flash it around at people. He got it in one dudes eye and my friend got a good sound beating.