Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Guest Crowlogic

You don't have to kill one.  You just have to get one into the hands of and under the scrutiny of mainstream science and public at large.  This is of course you truly want to have it known.  But nobody has ever trapped one and a few have said to have shot some.  Therefore the kill option is the more probable to succeed.   As time goes by I have invisions of greek dancers in the forests dancing prances around Bigfoot  tossing flowers at him.  I hope this isn't what the lore is coming to.  There was once a reasonable mindset about a rare and something frightening animal that for all intents and purposes did the things animals do.  No more no less.  

It will take and effort and Organizations like BFRO will need to assist since they seem to have a pretty good success rate of locating them.  It should be possible but everybody needs to be above board and willing to compromise.

Guest keninsc

Your not making any sense.

I too feel the same way as you do, frustrated with the status quo, and lack of evidence.

But we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Report classifications are a boon to Grendel hunters everywhere. State? County? Time of year? Time of day? Saw it? Heard it? Tracks? How many? How big? Activity? Elevation?

It's a huge resource tool for us, looking to drag one in feet first.

With that said? Be discerning as well.....I've checked up on a few BFRO reports and the location did not match their grid coords. I have no idea why they give out bogus locations, or it's just sloppy work.

Your new, so i highly suggest you USE reports to gain intel on your targets habits and location. No one is suggesting you start your own database.....

Oh I will make use of whatever I can, I don't turn down information. As far as a target area, I already have one. It's really a matter of money and the time to do a proper job of it. However, I did buy a lottery ticket for tomorrow. Hey, lightening can strike twice.

Guest keninsc

I really don't know why you say that doesn't make any sense? It's simple, well reasoned and insightful.

I really don't know why you say that doesn't make any sense? It's simple, well reasoned and insightful.

SSR Team

Probably because you're continually contradicting yourself.

However, I'm afraid I'm not into classifying anything, documenting anything or anything like that.

Oh I will make use of whatever I can, I don't turn down information.

Guest keninsc

Wow, see what happens when your phone screws up?

Guest keninsc

You don't have to kill one.  You just have to get one into the hands of and under the scrutiny of mainstream science and public at large.  This is of course you truly want to have it known.  But nobody has ever trapped one and a few have said to have shot some.  Therefore the kill option is the more probable to succeed.   As time goes by I have invisions of greek dancers in the forests dancing prances around Bigfoot  tossing flowers at him.  I hope this isn't what the lore is coming to.  There was once a reasonable mindset about a rare and something frightening animal that for all intents and purposes did the things animals do.  No more no less.  

It will take and effort and Organizations like BFRO will need to assist since they seem to have a pretty good success rate of locating them.  It should be possible but everybody needs to be above board and willing to compromise.

Yeah, but they're not really interested in finding Bigfoot, not only that but they have a "hard and fast" no kill policy. Getting them on board for something like this would be a waste of time.......unless come up with the idea. But then, that's always the way of it, "It's a bad idea unless I come up with it." I think you'd be better off concentrating on a smaller area with activity and spending some real time there. A couple days ain't gonna cut it, you need to be ready to be out in the field for a month or two and I recommend you hire some help, then you're gonna need support personnel and extraction equipment and a target destination to take the bodies for examination and record the entire trip so no one can say, "Bigfoot body? Why whatever do you mean?" Oh and attorneys just in case the DNA comes in as human, because if it does guess what, you're going to be going to court.

Hey, Bigfoot isn't something to be taken lightly my friend, there's a lot of planing, praying and just plain luck involved.......and that if you get all your stuff in one sock to begin with, because if you don't then you're in a world of fecal matter.

OK, folks?  There is one organization count it one that is doing what must be done, because the entire history of field biology says so, and that is NAWAC.

If you're going out to shoot a bigfoot, a far better use of the money would be investing it all in Powerball.  Unless you and/or your team are going to spend months on end, consecutive, in the bush learning lessons from repeated contacts, the way NAWAC is doing.  And they can't even put in the time that is truly required.

Only one other "organization" has done what NAWAC is doing...and we got Patty from them.

(Note:  winning Powerball would give you all the money you'd need to do this right.  To say nothing of the time.)

Any of them live near western Virginia?

Norseman, why did you name it Project Grendel?

Grendel was from the fictional epic Beowulf.

Do you interpret the description of the Monster in Beowulf, to be similar to modern descriptions of Bigfoot?

or, Do you get your interpretation from the book Grendel by John Gardiner?

SSR Team

Beowulf.

Norseman, why did you name it Project Grendel?

Grendel was from the fictional epic Beowulf.

Do you interpret the description of the Monster in Beowulf, to be similar to modern descriptions of Bigfoot?

or, Do you get your interpretation from the book Grendel by John Gardiner?

I thought the poem described our mission well.

Well...... More than dozens, I've had non BFF pro kill guys surface. So some of it is flying below the radar for us here.

But again it's something I am trying to change. The NAWAC is a semi secretive group that is concentrating on very narrow topography. Good for them. Project Grendel is a completely open group that has members organizing their own missions all over the continent. The more we get the word out hopefully the more people we have beating the boonies......

Well, it's not like this doesn't need to be done.

One thing you won't exactly read about in Outdoor Life and Field and Stream is bigfoot hunting technique.  Same issue applies to game cams.

Sure, wolverines are just as squirrely...and we've gotten them.  One difference, though:  a game cam of a wolverine will get circulated to authorities quickly, because they are accepted as real.

I think that no matter what a person thinks they would do, you cannot tell till the moment of truth.  So try as you might to get into

position to take a shot at one, I doubt many people could ever manage that, much less pull the trigger in the unlikely event they

even see one clearly enough to take the shot.  Most if not all the individuals who I have heard boasting of their intentions to take

one have never even seen one, or got near to one.  The one exception to this case would be those individuals in the NAWAC who

have determined the same course of action, and have gone to great trouble to make it a reality, my suggestion would be to leave

it up to them.  If you by some miracle were able to shoot one, that would hardly guarantee you would be able to take the body.

They tend not to leave their own kind for us to haul off, so you might have a bit of a war on your hands as well.  I would not attempt

such an action without a team of armed individuals to back you up, and that might still prove insufficient if they go ballistic, odds

are you would all be decapitated in seconds by the speed and agility of the angry mob you would incite.  I do not think you could

react quickly enough to their maneuvers to successfully defend yourselves.  So bad idea is my conclusion.....

I thought the poem described our mission well.

Lol, you'll have to explain that.

Because, the poem describes drunk vikings getting eaten by a monster with impenetrable skin, and only the Hero can save the day.

Are you the vikings or the hero?

I think from personal experience rather than mere speculation, that if and when the time comes to squeeze that trigger-unless that person is a stone cold sociopath-one good look at the face of these subjects expresses something far beyond a dumb animal and most may change their mind.  There are many recorded accounts of hunters drawing a good bead on them with a powerful scoped weapon, to quickly change their minds as they got a good look at their face and eyes.

My first look was through binoculars at about 150 yards.  The Big Guy was looking right at me while peering over a large bush.  He kind of reminded me of Santa Claus because he was very grayish-white in color rather than the typical brown or black hair. 

Above all, be safe out there, I have no personal agenda one way or another, just use sound judgment and all will be good. 

Guest keninsc

That was what happened to two friends of mine. One had the critter dead in the cross hairs and said it looked so human he couldn't take the shot because he was pretty sure it didn't know he was there and posed no threat to him. He was an ex-ranger. The other guy had the same experience and he couldn't shoot it either.

I have to say I don't know how I will react if and when the opportunity presents itself. However, I have the advantage of fote thought and seeing the larger picture.

Lol, you'll have to explain that.

Because, the poem describes drunk vikings getting eaten by a monster with impenetrable skin, and only the Hero can save the day.

Are you the vikings or the hero?

I guess that remains an unknown as of yet.

• Upvote 1