Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Guest keninsc

OK, if that's how you feel. Just remember that this isn't going to continue to be personal on the open forum.

Works for me, but I seriously doubt he's going to let it go until I learn to kowtow to him, and I'm just not good at that. 

Ken

Like the title of this thread " this might sound harsh " But you do not have to go out and kill one of these creatures and prove that they are real to the world. You only have to prove they are real to your self and that is it. If science wanted them to be real they would be searching them their selfs. Most of it is just to put your fear aside or mostly control it and allow the encounter to happen. If you can do this you will understand what most of us who have encountered these creatures already know.

Hello Shadowborn,

Ken
....you do not have to go out and kill one of these creatures and prove that they are real to the world. You only have to prove they are real to your self and that is it...

Nope. Gotta shoot one. UNLESS...... everybody wants to go into the woods and find a dead one. Because it would take everyone on this Forum and then some to do just that. Throw in all the other groups, the NAWAC, the BFRO, the GCBRO, the Grendel Project, the Olympic Project......well, you get the idea. End the deadlock. The problem is that all these separate factions really need to get organized as one and formulate a plan that everyone institutes as one entity. Get organized and have a structured approach.

Edited by hiflier

Guest keninsc

Ken

Like the title of this thread " this might sound harsh " But you do not have to go out and kill one of these creatures and prove that they are real to the world. You only have to prove they are real to your self and that is it. If science wanted them to be real they would be searching them their selfs. Most of it is just to put your fear aside or mostly control it and allow the encounter to happen. If you can do this you will understand what most of us who have encountered these creatures already know.

Ok, I get where you're coming from, I wish I could figure out a way to snare one with a non-lethal snare but if these creatures are half as smart as they seem to be then that's going to be tough because they might well defeat the snare. 

While I respect your non-kill stance, I can't say I agree with it. Science demands positive proof, a footprint isn't proof of an as yet unproven creature because as you well know there are fakers that sadly, have gotten good because too many people (experts) have come on TV and shown what they think makes for a more believable footprint. Then there are the videos, which are a joke really. I mean seriously, if all I had was the stereotypical "blobsquatch" video or picture I'd not post it at all, yet they get posted and there's not sense of scale or enough clarity to get a good look at it. Ok, then you might say, "DNA, get the DNA." Ok, that sounds great but unless you can show where that DNA came from then it could be faked as well. A guy who works at a lab might be able make up a batch of unknown DNA for kicks.

Lastly, you might consider using a tranquilizer gun. True, that's a possibility but unless you know what's going to work and work quickly enough on a Bigfoot without killing them then you might just as well have shot the poor thing. Hey, took several tries before they were able to work ou dosages for lions, gorillas and such and the first ones died as a result.

There is no good or safe way to take a Bigfoot alive that I can figure out and many of my friends have thought the same thing. If you have an alternative then please be good enough to share it with me. I'd love nothing more than to be able to take one alive then be able to release it once the testing is complete.

Hello Shadowborn,

Nope. Gotta shoot one. UNLESS...... everybody wants to go into the woods and find a dead one. Because it would take everyone on this Forum and then some to do just that. Throw in all the other groups, the NAWAC, the BFRO, the GCBRO, the Grendel Project, the Olympic Project......well, you get the idea. End the deadlock. The problem is that all these separate factions really need to get organized as one and formulate a plan that everyone institutes as one entity. Get organized and have a structured approach.

See that a separate side of the same issue, not all these groups all have the same agenda and in a couple of cases they have conflicting agendas which can make it hard for them to all sit down and hammer out a single set of guidelines they can all live with together.

Of course, being a bit cynical as I am with these organizations, I seriously doubt they really want a Bigfoot to be found because it might well mean they no longer have a place and yes, there is money to be made. Mind you, no one is getting uber rich off Bigfoot but people are able to devote themselves practically full time to the hunt. Which I actually envy, but can't see myself being able to sleep doing it, but there again, that's me.

Bobbyo has worked on the SSR tirelessly, and when you mistook what he meant by classification and he corrected you? That's when things got nasty..... It didn't have to be that way

• Upvote 2

Guest keninsc

That's great Dude, I understand you feel the need to lift him up, I don't. Time to let it go, don't you think?

No, it's pertinent to your original post!!!!

When you get tired of hiking around with a gun in the woods trying to stumble onto Grendel ?

Get back to us! Bobbyo and others are crunching the numbers to help us get ahead of this thing!

I mean do you follow moon cycles to catch fish? Are you tracking now? It's not about egos......it's about facts.

Guest keninsc

Norseman, he might have the location of the Holy Grail in his vest pocket for all I know, but I've already spoken to that point and see no need to redress it. That might change in the future, and if it does I will welcome it. However, what I'm doing right now is trying gather as much information as I can to have a good knowledge base. You can't just walk out in the woods and hope for the best. That's just not a good idea.

Good luck to you in your efforts. I hope you guy find what you're looking for.

However, what I'm doing right now is trying gather as much information as I can to have a good knowledge base. You can't just walk out in the woods and hope for the best.

Have you considered looking at the SSR database? It could help you classify your best starting point.

Edited by the parkie

Guest keninsc

Have you considered looking at the SSR database? It could help you classify your best starting point.

I'm sure you mean that in a positive manner and I accept in in that manner. However, I'm afraid I'm not into classifying anything, documenting anything or anything like that. When I go out it will be with one and only one purpose and that is to shoot a Bigfoot. If you'd like I'll leave all the compartmentalizing to whomever is into that sort of thing. 

This is sort of touching on what I gave my rant on in the disillusionment thread, organizations get all caught up in categorizing, following the Status quo and towing the line and all that, and yeah a certain degree of regimentation is not a bad thing, but let's face it these organizations have been looking for Bigfoot for.....how long now? And where is the hard evidence? Oh, they don't have any. Now it's not my point to step on toes or create an internet slug-feast, but I have to ask, "Where's the Beef?". Truth is there isn't any because the primary purpose isn't actually to find Bigfoot it's to perpetuate the current methodology. For what purpose I can't say, well I can say but it'll just start an ugly flaming war I really don't want to get caught up in those.

Case in point I think it was the mid-nineties the BFRO came into being with MM in charge. It's 2014 now and where are they? What hard core, positive evidence have they got? It's been thirty years almost.

It's time to take a good hard look at what they're doing because it ain't working, hey, they got a TV show. They're the most wide recognized group on the face of the Earth and they actually have zip for evidence.

I'm probably talking to the wrong crowd. Just about since I've gotten here I'm told I'm not getting what everyone is saying I don't speak the language. Could be that's true, but then I ain't been looking for ever how many years for Bigfoot and got nothing to show for it either. Maybe, just maybe the status quo needs a swift and sure kick in the seat of the pants.

Ya'll think about it.

Your not making any sense.

I too feel the same way as you do, frustrated with the status quo, and lack of evidence.

But we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Report classifications are a boon to Grendel hunters everywhere. State? County? Time of year? Time of day? Saw it? Heard it? Tracks? How many? How big? Activity? Elevation?

It's a huge resource tool for us, looking to drag one in feet first.

With that said? Be discerning as well.....I've checked up on a few BFRO reports and the location did not match their grid coords. I have no idea why they give out bogus locations, or it's just sloppy work.

Your new, so i highly suggest you USE reports to gain intel on your targets habits and location. No one is suggesting you start your own database.....

OK, folks?  There is one organization count it one that is doing what must be done, because the entire history of field biology says so, and that is NAWAC.

If you're going out to shoot a bigfoot, a far better use of the money would be investing it all in Powerball.  Unless you and/or your team are going to spend months on end, consecutive, in the bush learning lessons from repeated contacts, the way NAWAC is doing.  And they can't even put in the time that is truly required.

Only one other "organization" has done what NAWAC is doing...and we got Patty from them.

(Note:  winning Powerball would give you all the money you'd need to do this right.  To say nothing of the time.)

I disagree whole heartedly DWA and here is why.

In Washington state they outlawed cougar hunting with hounds. Which is a specialized, intensive labor of love way to hunt. We trained pups, fed a pack of hounds, gave em shots, etc all leading up to that one month season in January. In which we took time off work to make our sport pay for the eleven months of perpetration.

The state once they outlawed houndsmen began selling a "big game package" that included a cougar tag. There fore droves and droves of deer and elk hunters that had never even contemplated shooting a cougar before now had basically a carte Blanche ticket to do so...

Guess what? They were taking more cougar than we were!!! Albeit their success rate was horrible compared to ours, there were hundreds of us and tens of thousands of them.

Yes your right......it is like playing the lottery, and somebody? Somebody is going to win! But we have a ways to go to get people to change their way of thinking.

As for the NAWAC? Awesome group of guys and I wish them the very best!

Well, the key is in your sentence "there were hundreds of us and tens of thousands of them."

How many people are out trying - actually trying - to shoot a sasquatch?  And equipped with the knowledge - available, in magazines and on the Web, if they don't have it yet - of how to do it?

Not even dozens, and we're talking continent-wide.

Well...... More than dozens, I've had non BFF pro kill guys surface. So some of it is flying below the radar for us here.

But again it's something I am trying to change. The NAWAC is a semi secretive group that is concentrating on very narrow topography. Good for them. Project Grendel is a completely open group that has members organizing their own missions all over the continent. The more we get the word out hopefully the more people we have beating the boonies......