Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Any of them live near western Virginia?

Hey ken, good to see you again and I hope you're doing well these days.

Looks like you've made some new friends here (teehee)  Steady as she goes ol pal. When I first started posting here a few years ago I hit some walls, tripped over furniture, stubbed my toe, moderator warnings and the whole 9 yards. It takes a while to learn who's who's and what's what. Just like everything else in life, it takes time to learn how to navigate the waters. But it's good to see you posting here now. You'll learn a lot from the folks here, I know I have.

Yeah, my part of the world is eat up with the woodboogers. I think that's due to low population, and lots of undeveloped mountainous land. But to answer your question, there are no organizations here looking for them as far as I know. The 2 organizations we do have in the state are based in northern Virginia and I'm pretty sure they are in the "no kill" camp.

Guest keninsc

Hey ken, good to see you again and I hope you're doing well these days.

Looks like you've made some new friends here (teehee)  Steady as she goes ol pal. When I first started posting here a few years ago I hit some walls, tripped over furniture, stubbed my toe, moderator warnings and the whole 9 yards. It takes a while to learn who's who's and what's what. Just like everything else in life, it takes time to learn how to navigate the waters. But it's good to see you posting here now. You'll learn a lot from the folks here, I know I have.

Yeah, my part of the world is eat up with the woodboogers. I think that's due to low population, and lots of undeveloped mountainous land. But to answer your question, there are no organizations here looking for them as far as I know. The 2 organizations we do have in the state are based in northern Virginia and I'm pretty sure they are in the "no kill" camp.

Yeah, it's the same as any where else. A few are a little odd, but it's an odd subject so it's understandable.

I think about that now that I own some really high powered rifles that should take a bigfoot out fairly easily...  I am not opposed to hunting for foot. I really don't support trophy hunting.  I think i would take a shot.  I have personal reasons behind my stance.  And, I would not take it lightly.  

What happens if what everybody says is true, and the government doesnt want there to be a bigfoot... so you shoot one, you contact the proper authorities in the field, but then big brother just makes it all go away... 

Guest keninsc

I think about that now that I own some really high powered rifles that should take a bigfoot out fairly easily...  I am not opposed to hunting for foot. I really don't support trophy hunting.  I think i would take a shot.  I have personal reasons behind my stance.  And, I would not take it lightly.  

The choice to shoot or not is a personal one and should never be taken lightly. I never was a trophy hunter myself, when I hunted deer I was perfectly happy to take home a spike as a ten pointer. Taking a Bigfoot, shouldn't be for bragging rights or anything such as that. It should be to prove the existence of the creature so that protection can be granted under the law for them.

What happens if what everybody says is true, and the government doesnt want there to be a bigfoot... so you shoot one, you contact the proper authorities in the field, but then big brother just makes it all go away... 

That why you have to have a plan in place ahead of time. 

Guest Crowlogic

I think that no matter what a person thinks they would do, you cannot tell till the moment of truth.  So try as you might to get into

position to take a shot at one, I doubt many people could ever manage that, much less pull the trigger in the unlikely event they

even see one clearly enough to take the shot.  Most if not all the individuals who I have heard boasting of their intentions to take

one have never even seen one, or got near to one.  The one exception to this case would be those individuals in the NAWAC who

have determined the same course of action, and have gone to great trouble to make it a reality, my suggestion would be to leave

it up to them.  If you by some miracle were able to shoot one, that would hardly guarantee you would be able to take the body.

They tend not to leave their own kind for us to haul off, so you might have a bit of a war on your hands as well.  I would not attempt

such an action without a team of armed individuals to back you up, and that might still prove insufficient if they go ballistic, odds

are you would all be decapitated in seconds by the speed and agility of the angry mob you would incite.  I do not think you could

react quickly enough to their maneuvers to successfully defend yourselves.  So bad idea is my conclusion.....

Patterson and Gimlin could have shot Patty very easily.  

This is why you don't call the government but you call all of the media, universities and publications as you can.  Remember you do this on a planned basis not a golly gee what's next to do?

Guest keninsc

This is why you don't call the government but you call all of the media, universities and publications as you can.  Remember you do this on a planned basis not a golly gee what's next to do?

Couldn't have said that better myself!

Guest keninsc

Or you could just not call anyone and leave them alone?????

I truly do understand where you're coming from, the killing of such a creature just to satisfy scientific mandates for evidence does seem inhumane. But consider, the advantages the remaining population would have, they could be protected and studied properly by real scientists, using real scientific methods, granted one or a couple die in that process but that's what we have done ever since we began studying other species.

Personally, anyone who would kill one after that should be arrested and put in jail.

Edited by keninsc

Guest Crowlogic

Leaving them alone is a noble thing but  this noble thing hasn't solved a mystery that in the end is in need of solving and preserving the mystery itself.  If its there it will most likely answer all the missing link questions concerning how we got here.  That said I find it extremely difficult that there is essentially a 100% no show em rate among regular habituators.  That does not make statistical sense.  There is always the exception and yet not with Bigfoot.  Something is not right with this and it's got to do with the human end of the Bigfoot puzzle.  I'm somehow reminded of that video of the kid screaming to leave Britney alone..................

No shot here.  In my opinion, "scientific" proof will be their downfall. For starters check out the extinction timeline to see what's become of predators around the globe, and they WILL be deemed predators due to bluff charges or rock throwing or very real attacks when on the defensive or simply their ability and size. Proof of SSQ will bring every yuck yuck with a rifle out of the woodwork in attempts to kill one, then claim self defense, which in turn will create the age old cycle of violence.  

I find it hard to believe that some government agency if not quite a few of them aren't well aware of their existence already. Whether through forest fire deaths or vehicle strikes, whatever, there must be those tax funded few who know and it's probably a good thing it's kept quiet.   If the private sector scientific community were actually scientific about the SSQ phenomena they would be open minded and investigative, very few are in this regard. I have a friend who is a vet, we talk about SSQ but there is no way he will even consider evidence, it's an un-scientific joke. Same with two doctor friends, and one does dna research with black bears. Funny the closed-mindedness.

But my core reason for the "no" is really that, as a species, we don't deserve to know.  This may sound misanthropic and generally it is(specifically, as individuals, I love people) but as a species, we are similar to the porcupine who seems quite content to poop in its den or the cancer cell who consumes its host, we are a plague upon the earth with a few bright spots. Our knowledge base has so far surpassed our wisdom to use it, it's dangerous (geo-engineering band-aid anyone)  We learn to split the atom, the first thing we do with that knowledge is kill 200,000+ people, mostly innocents.... Yet we stand as the "pinnacle of evolution." I'd expect more from billions of years work but no, we are an immature joke, wisdom-wise and for their sake, it's best if SSQ remains one too.

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Upvote 2