Ok, This Might Sound Harsh, But..........

Guest keninsc

Hello iacozizzle,

So you take the shot. You shoot. You score.

You approach your quarry and confirm that its dead. As you're wondering what to do with a half ton of smelly dead sasqautch you hear a tree knock followed by agitated chatter from the slope at your two o'clock. Answering whoops are heard from the ridgeline. From the treeknocker's general direction comes a softball sized rock that hits the ground between you and the body and caroms into the woods. A branch snaps somewhere behind you. The whoops off the ridge are getting closer and they carry a sense of urgency. You are alone and at least a mile from your vehicle. They're getting closer and they don't sound happy.

Things are about to get harsh.

That's when you realize you're first mistake. Made before you ever entered the woods: You went alone with no one to watch your back- pretty dumb. In that case YOU'RE the one to recieve the Darwin Award. With two you take out your machete, take the head, put it into the bag, into your backpack and go out back to back. Do not give a warning shot to the rest. Because when they see nothing happened after the noise of the thunder stick THEN things will get nasty.

Edited by hiflier

Not if you took plenty of ammo with you.

Planning, my man.......planning.

I've heard that ammo isn't very effective against infrasound.

BFF Patron

Several years back I would have in a second, no questions asked. But after going through 2 different open heart surgeries in the last 3 years at the ripe old age of 33/34 I wouldn't do it. Something about questioning my own mortality and the thought of death has changed my mind. Now I still love hunt and (mostly)bowhunt animals with zero qualms about taking their lives to feed myself and family with the healthy meat. I guess it's the fact that they walk upright like a man and a few other things. Regardless of what they are I don't want the killing of what could be one of our close relatives on my mind when I pass on.

Good man^

Hmmmm ... not to that degree, but it definitely can be unpleasant.    I was going to say I wouldn't wish it on anyone but that's not true.  I can think of a couple scoffers whose explanations after the fact might be entertaining.

MIB

Well, if its a possibility, then in addition to the machete hiflier promotes taking with you, maybe a toilet roll and spare underwear might also be in order.

Hello the parkie,

Thanks, interesting link. WRT bringing the extra "gear"? Might as well be prepared, eh? Heck, just shooting one though could result in the same thing. Talk about infrasound LOL.

Edited by hiflier

I've never heard of anyone being zapped by a tiger.

I've heard of them being zapped and then eaten by a tiger. For which seals the fate of the tiger with a bullet.

• Upvote 1

Nope, OP, not harsh at all.  This is one of the central discussions of squatchery.

I doubt I'd take the shot. 

• Enough well-armed people haven't, and gave good reason that I can't presume wouldn't apply in my case;
  • The evidence satisfies me that they are probably real;
  • I'm not killing one to satisfy scoffers whose ignorance is the just payment for their lack of curiosity;
  • I'm not into the casual killing that is, really, our species' chief hallmark.
Edited by DWA

Assuming I am hunting medium or larger big game with a rifle (which means I would be carrying one of my rifles with sufficient power & accuracy), absolutely...

Hello DWA,

So are you saying that everyone else is into casual killing? Do you know anyone into casual killing? Do you think shooting a Sasquatch would only be casual killing? What IS casual killing? Besides killing one isn't to "satisfy scoffers". If that's really what you think then you pay absolutely NO attention to what's been in front of you for how long now?

I'm not a scoffer, nor am I "into casual killing" whatever that means. I'm a proponent but I also would like mainstream science to have a type specimen for the purposes of recognizing the species as being real. That' the way science works. Your satisfied with the evidence SAYING Sasquatch is a real Creature, as am I, but we're not the only ones that science will listen to, nor will they take our word for it.

The evidence as it stands is not strong enough for science to accept even as a motivation for investigation. That's the reality of it. So slam science all you wish but with no body the subject remains and will remain in the same boat with ghosts, UFO's, and everything else "para". There are those who seriously want to move Sasquatch into the realm of scientific acceptance. After your mentioning of "numerous examples" of unknown Primate DNA one would think the issue would have been put to rest already.

Care to address that point?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

To me, the difference between shoot or not is the circumstances. If I am out with Norse or NAWAC and the goal is to obtain a specimen and I am prepared, then the answer is simply yes, I take the shot. If I am at my own remote cabin and they have not been bothering me, then no, I don't take the shot as I don't consider it my responsibility to prove bf to the world and I would rather keep my area as it is with very little human activity around and eventually, the area the bf was taken will become public knowledge and attract all kinds of folks.

I have read quite a few reports over the years of bf really bothering families and if I was involved in helping any of them, I would take the shot. The same goes for any bf that was aggressive no matter where that area was. For myself, the more difficult and dangerous the hunt, the more satisfying it is when you are successful.