Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

Loved the filming location, but as expected not much to go on evidence wise.

Stroud has as good a chance as anyone of cracking this. The ability to survive for long stretches in remote areas is a skill beyond most researchers.

I agree with Oregon Man, this latest episode was a good one and it does capture to a degree the true actions of feild research. It also really got into the meat of where a persons mentality should be when in the feild, to consider and reflect upon your observation rather than assume.

I can honestly say that I am looking forward to more episodes like it.

My first opportunity will be tonight, looking forward to something other than FB, which is pretty stale at this point (as any TV show is 5-6 seasons in).  I won't watch that pro-kill show, for which I understand I'm not missing anything.

Last night's episode from Hoopa and the surrounding areas was really good. Both this location and the one(s) in the other episode from last week were incredibly beautiful. If Sasquatch choose those areas to live, who can really blame them, lol? You can feel the magic of those places even just watching them (sounds corny but it's true). I'll have to watch that one again tomorrow night for sure!!

Guest ewashguy56

Saw Klemtu last night. Really well done as usual from Stroud. It sure looks like BF country!!! Can't wait for more.

BFF Patron

Not much happened at Hoopa.    Some strange knocking.        Was raining pretty much the entire time.    Perhaps California BF do not like to come out in the rain?   For listings and different days check both Science and Discovery channel.    Was on Discovery last night but on Friday will be on Science channel.   If you get both you can watch on Discovery on Wed, then again on Friday on Science.    The Hoopa gave him special access to their reservation.     He again had camera malfunctions for unknown reason.     They set up shelter one night in the rain, had trouble getting a fire going, as everything was wet.     Tree knocks seemed to be coming from the inside of a certain three.   Like the tree was hallow.   That had them scratching their heads.   When their lighters were out of gas and they were nearly out of matches, a nearby tree fell down, provided all kinds of dry tinder that allowed them to get their fire going.    The NA quide claimed that BF were testing them, and when they proved worthy, allowed them to start the fire.   When the tree fell down the knocking from the other tree stopped.     Very strange!

Randy, you are my go-to expert on all things "lava tube" so I have to ask you. There was a reference made in the episode about "caves" that really stunk, to the point where those searching for a lost boy didn't want to enter those. As I understand it, this area in B.C. was the site of past volcanic activity. Assuming these were lava tubes being described, it brings to my mind the possibility of a Sulfur 02 seep vs. BF stench, although the description was sort of sketchy, I know.. Any thoughts? 

As well, does anyone else have experience in this kind of geology, or even local knowledge of the particular area they can share? Thanks. 

Too much paranormal type BF on the last show for me, but it's all part of footin', so it's cool. As long as he doesn't start dwelling on it.

Stroud seems to be carrying a genuine curiosity about the BF issue. I enjoyed his "thinking outloud" and just letting his words flow as his mind tries to find a foothold to cling to. He appears to be a guy who is driven to find the answers, with no agenda beyond that. A very basic search for the truth...wherever the search leads him and where he finds it is simply part of the process.

I can identify with and appreciate that. A lot.

His time in the woods and out in the hinterland over the years has clearly left him with questions. I think his ill-fated hookup with T. Standing was a eye-opener for him, gave him a serious education as to how nutty the world of BF can be.

I don't think we will see him make that kind of mistake again.

It will be interesting to see just how hooked he is, and where he might find himself in a year. He is in a very unique position; he has enough clout with the TV world to get this mini series funded, to literally be paid to go try to find answers to the questions he has.

Lucky guy.

Of all the Bigfoot researchers out there to pick from, Todd Standing would not have been in my top 100 or even the top 1000.  As a matter of fact, in my opinion the only one Les could have picked with even less creditability would be Rick Dryer. I like Les and think his is a stand up guy, but add T.S. to the mix and I know watching "Survivor-man: Bigfoot" would be a waste of time. There are so many good researchers out there. WHY OH WHY pick T.S.???

Edited by Fish-N-Fool