Misidentification

No but I felt like I would had I actually been. And yes being snagged by couple of weird looking guys with funny flashlights and taken against my will without explanation would certainly terrify me.

Guest LarryP

No but I felt like I would had I actually been.

You couldn't possibly know how it feels if you've never had the experience.

The same applies to seeing a BF up close and personal.

I've also been mugged and assaulted. Yes, I know exactly how that would feel.  

As for how I would feel about seeing bigfoot, I suspect that might depend on my frame of mind and the circumstances of the occurrence and/or vision. Seeing bigfoot from afar would not induce me to feel afraid any more than those who've seen bigfoot from afar did. Seeing a bigfoot close up would frighten me though. Having seen a bear and a lion close up I think it's safe to say how I'd feel with a giant hairy beast at close quarters.

Guest LarryP

Seeing a bigfoot close up would frighten me though.

It didn't frighten me. Though it definitely surprised me more than a little bit.

But there was absolutely no doubt that I was looking at a very large male BF in broad daylight.

So under the influence of a mind altering situation in which you experienced the same sight, you would probably feel much the same way. Why would you feel any differently than you would in real life?

Guest LarryP

"mind altering"?

I know mind altering, my friend.

This was a stone cold sober situation fishing for Brown and Rainbow Trout in a mountain stream in the mountains of North Carolina at about 1:30 PM in the afternoon in August of 2012.

The reason it didn't scare me was because he wasn't the least bit threatening. In fact it was quite the opposite.

But he was a very imposing figure who made direct eye contact with me. Due to the exteremely serious circumstances of my personal life at that moment in time, I was largely unaffected. 

And I could tell he knew that was the case.

^okay, at least you consider some alternate methods of looking at things. But if there really is no such thing as bigfoot, then just what do you think you saw (within the no such thing as bigfoot scenario)?

If I did not see a bigfoot than I saw a very large ape-like creature. When I passed by it, I was able to tell how tall it was in its seated position as it was only inches away from my passenger side window, and its head was midway up the window, making it 6 feet high while seated on its rear. You see, I saw this thing from two angles, that of it directly in front of my truck, and that of it being directly beside my passenger side window. Up close and personal- if the window were open a person could have patted it on the head. That made it no more than 8 feet from me at that point. Its shoulders were about the same width as the door on my truck... big.

"mind altering"?

I know mind altering, my friend.

This was a stone cold sober situation fishing for Brown and Rainbow Trout in a mountain stream in the mountains of North Carolina at about 1:30 PM in the afternoon in August of 2012.

The reason it didn't scare me was because he wasn't the least bit threatening. In fact it was quite the opposite.

But he was a very imposing figure who made direct eye contact with me. Due to the exteremely serious circumstances of my personal life at that moment in time, I was largely unaffected. 

And I could tell he knew that was the case.

Not suggesting substances. I do not know the circumstances of your situation and you telling me those circumstances does not by itself tell me everything I need to know to make a more accurate judgment. People hallucinate for all kinds of reasons. They also mistake common events for extraordinary ones all along as well. Temperature, air quality, time of day, hours of sleep, family issues, and a long list of assorted other reasons can encourage mistakes. The prevalence of hoaxing in this genre also makes simply trusting someone who says they saw a bigfoot a risky endeavor. Honest witnesses have been burned by hoaxers not by skeptics.

If I did not see a bigfoot than I saw a very large ape-like creature. When I passed by it, I was able to tell how tall it was in its seated position as it was only inches away from my passenger side window, and its head was midway up the window, making it 6 feet high while seated on its rear. You see, I saw this thing from two angles, that of it directly in front of my truck, and that of it being directly beside my passenger side window. Up close and personal- if the window were open a person could have patted it on the head. That made it no more than 8 feet from me at that point. Its shoulders were about the same width as the door on my truck... big.

Okay, good we're getting somewhere. Large ape-like creature can mean different things. Bears can be ape-like in the right light and so can tree stumps. The notion of the flat-faced bear still being extent is a good possibility. Still out there but still it's a possibility. If it is not a squatch it has to have been something else. Many refuse to consider they may be wrong and would reject any options that do not come out bigfoot. If it was ever proven that bigfoot was not real, there are many witnesses who will refuse to believe they were wrong. If other possibilities are not considered how can you rule them out?

Pretty bold to say that others only believe that it "must" be a Bigfoot and nothing else. Also quite bold to say if it is PROVEN to NOT exist, well how exactly could that happen???  Very laughable IMO

Guest LarryP

Not suggesting substances. I do not know the circumstances of your situation and you telling me those circumstances does not by itself tell me everything I need to know to make a more accurate judgment. People hallucinate for all kinds of reasons. They also mistake common events for extraordinary ones all along as well. Temperature, air quality, time of day, hours of sleep, family issues, and a long list of assorted other reasons can encourage mistakes.

You don't know me.

So you have no idea what you're talking about. 

PM me and we'll talk.

If you choose to do otherwise, then you're just speculating to back up your specious argument. 

No offense. just a an observation.

Okay, good we're getting somewhere. Large ape-like creature can mean different things. Bears can be ape-like in the right light and so can tree stumps. The notion of the flat-faced bear still being extent is a good possibility. Still out there but still it's a possibility. If it is not a squatch it has to have been something else. Many refuse to consider they may be wrong and would reject any options that do not come out bigfoot. If it was ever proven that bigfoot was not real, there are many witnesses who will refuse to believe they were wrong. If other possibilities are not considered how can you rule them out?

I of course examined the possibility of a bear- first thing I looked for was a snout, of which it was pointedly absent if you will pardon the expression :)  No way that was a bear; the thing that one has to keep in mind was the pose, which was one no bear can do. I also have trouble with the idea that a bear is not going to take a look at you as you approach. That the creatures I saw made a point of not exiting their pose, which says a lot about them (no idea what they were doing there in the first place, but); it was a conscious act. Imagine how hard it would be to sit in the road and not look at a car coming at you!

I agree- if you don't consider other possibilities how can you rule them out? So I made a point of it when I was sitting in the truck. Bear- no, moose?- no, Buffalo- no,  get real, etc. What I saw was a creature that is best described by the descriptions I see of BF. That pose though, I don't know of any other creature that can do that.

• Upvote 1

Pretty bold to say that others only believe that it "must" be a Bigfoot and nothing else. Also quite bold to say if it is PROVEN to NOT exist, well how exactly could that happen???  Very laughable IMO

Not bold at all as I didn't say ALL who believe would do so. Certainly I know people in my own life who refuse to accept when they've been proven wrong. Even I know how hard it can be to eat crow.

As for proving bigfoot unreal, that is not possible of course, just making a hypothetical situation. Nothing wrong with that.

You don't know me.

So you have no idea what you're talking about. 

PM me and we'll talk.

If you choose to do otherwise, then you're just speculating to back up your specious argument. 

No offense. just a an observation.

Um, how is PMming you supposed to be different? I'm not speculating, I'm trying NOT to speculate. Simply listening to more details after more details from someone I do not know is not going to make you more credible than any other random stranger. I do not demand that you or anyone else change their stories or admit the were wrong or anything like that. I only want everyone to be more clear that personal experiences are not the be all and end all in this research. You believe what you saw was what you saw. I get that from you but I could be mistaken. Same for most on here who've told their stories. There is simply nothing you can say however, here or in private, that will make me say "why of course, they do exist!" That requires forensic evidence which you can not show in a PM or that I can adequately verify.

My not pursuing a PM with you is not a snub either. I'm tired (have been poisoned by a pizza and recuperating) but perhaps some other time.

I of course examined the possibility of a bear- first thing I looked for was a snout, of which it was pointedly absent if you will pardon the expression :)  No way that was a bear; the thing that one has to keep in mind was the pose, which was one no bear can do. I also have trouble with the idea that a bear is not going to take a look at you as you approach. That the creatures I saw made a point of not exiting their pose, which says a lot about them (no idea what they were doing there in the first place, but); it was a conscious act. Imagine how hard it would be to sit in the road and not look at a car coming at you!

I agree- if you don't consider other possibilities how can you rule them out? So I made a point of it when I was sitting in the truck. Bear- no, moose?- no, Buffalo- no,  get real, etc. What I saw was a creature that is best described by the descriptions I see of BF. That pose though, I don't know of any other creature that can do that.

I know of no animal that would ignore an oncoming vehicle (except my stupid cats) however a tree or a stump or even a carving or scarecrow might ignore oncoming traffic. Not saying that's what it was, just that you didn't rule them out with any reasons given.

Edited by antfoot

I know of no animal that would ignore an oncoming vehicle (except my stupid cats) however a tree or a stump or even a carving or scarecrow might ignore oncoming traffic. Not saying that's what it was, just that you didn't rule them out with any reasons given.

You're addressing visual misidentification. 

I'm curious ... what would you say to someone who said not was it clearly not a bear in appearance, but they made physical contact and it was both warm and hairy?   Or what if they were sitting still and it was moving, not a little bit, but walked around them, from one side to the other, at a distance of 5 feet or less?   (Last I checked, scarecrows and stumps don't do any of those things.)

MIB

Edited by MIB

Did Salubrious say that? I must have missed it.

Or do you mean your sighting? A moving bigfoot might be something else. Not a stump as they don't usually move. Someone in a costume perhaps? Has hallucination been ruled out and on what basis? Short-faced bear (or possibly hybrid SFB X brown bear)? Mutant bear? Deformed bear from an accident?