Misidentification

Someone in a costume perhaps? Has hallucination been ruled out and on what basis? Short-faced bear (or possibly hybrid SFB X brown bear)? Mutant bear? Deformed bear from an accident?

reaching......  lol

Did Salubrious say that? I must have missed it.

Or do you mean your sighting? A moving bigfoot might be something else. Not a stump as they don't usually move. Someone in a costume perhaps? Has hallucination been ruled out and on what basis? Short-faced bear (or possibly hybrid SFB X brown bear)? Mutant bear? Deformed bear from an accident?

Sorry, I should have been clearer.   Neither.  I am drawing on my experience, then extrapolating a little further to generate discussion and exploration of ideas.   It is a hypothetical situation for now.  

MIB

Okay, but that's a complicated hypothetical. Most hypos are kept simple to make extrapolation easier. Still, my responses are pretty good potentials (hypothetically speaking).

I know of no animal that would ignore an oncoming vehicle (except my stupid cats) however a tree or a stump or even a carving or scarecrow might ignore oncoming traffic. Not saying that's what it was, just that you didn't rule them out with any reasons given.

Well the thing is, it was moving. It was alive. Stumps don't have muscles you can see moving, neither do scarecrows. Not to make too fine of a point but with your last post you suggested an extinct species of bear, with this one a stump or a scarecrow. IMO the bear seemed a bit of a reach, moreso with this last one. But in fairness, if we have to examine all the possibilities, I can add some others (which of course were rejected out of hand); it wasn't a cow or a sheep or a log... :)

One thing about the flat faced bear though- it is something that could have been that big. Frightening thought really.

By any chance did you read the thread about this sighting?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29115-colorado-sighting-of-two-bf-in-the-road/

Just saw a report from SC DNR about Black bears. We got em in 45 of 46 counties. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/news/yr2014/april3/april3_bears.html     If SC's bear population is that healthy, it makes you wonder if the BF population is doing as well(I say oh yes.)??

Also how many people who reported a black bear may have misidentified it....as BF was not an option to them??

Yes. Bearidolia.

SSR Team

I know of no animal that would ignore an oncoming vehicle (except my stupid cats) however a tree or a stump or even a carving or scarecrow might ignore oncoming traffic. Not saying that's what it was, just that you didn't rule them out with any reasons given.

Have you ever heard of a game called " Chicken " within the context of what we are talking about ?

I honestly don't know how it got its name but I could make a rough guess.

I've never seen a stump, scarecrow or carving move however, let alone cross a road.

I do think you can rule out stump, scarecrow or carving Sal personally..;)

Edited by BobbyO

Guest keninsc

Good one Salubrious!

I wonder if Black bear are on the menu for the big guy?

Don't know, I do know that many so called experts on Bigfoots have said they are the apex predator in North America. I don't know if this is due to Bigfoots being huge and strong on their own or if it's because they are supposed to roam in packs or pods or whatever they're call a group of Bigfoots now.

Well the thing is, it was moving. It was alive. Stumps don't have muscles you can see moving, neither do scarecrows. Not to make too fine of a point but with your last post you suggested an extinct species of bear, with this one a stump or a scarecrow. IMO the bear seemed a bit of a reach, moreso with this last one. But in fairness, if we have to examine all the possibilities, I can add some others (which of course were rejected out of hand); it wasn't a cow or a sheep or a log... :)

One thing about the flat faced bear though- it is something that could have been that big. Frightening thought really.

By any chance did you read the thread about this sighting?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29115-colorado-sighting-of-two-bf-in-the-road/

One possibility also includes misidentification. Sick animals will shiver and often behave in odd ways. A misidentified bear, especially if it is not the usual brown or black bear could plausibly fit the bill. Here's another possibility that everyone will hate :haha:

A large pile of dirty straw with the unfortunate approximate appearance of a bigfoot sitting in the middle of the road with the wind blowing and perhaps something digging through it. Guy thinks that's odd and continues to think about it as he drives away and draws out  additional details as he goes.

Have you ever heard of a game called " Chicken " within the context of what we are talking about ?

I honestly don't know how it got its name but I could make a rough guess.

I've never seen a stump, scarecrow or carving move however, let alone cross a road.

I do think you can rule out stump, scarecrow or carving Sal personally.. ;)

People misperceive movement all the time. That movement out of the corner of your eye is an example. Heat shimmer, glazing on glass andblood pressure changes can all cause your vision to warp. Things that are warping in front of you appear to move.

A large pile of dirty straw with the unfortunate approximate appearance of a bigfoot sitting in the middle of the road with the wind blowing and perhaps something digging through it. Guy thinks that's odd and continues to think about it as he drives away and draws out  additional details as he goes.

People misperceive movement all the time. That movement out of the corner of your eye is an example. Heat shimmer, glazing on glass andblood pressure changes can all cause your vision to warp. Things that are warping in front of you appear to move.

That's really funny! Recursive irony- that sort of thing. Irony has really been the in thing in humor in the 21st century...

By any chance did you read the thread at the link? Your tongue in cheek delivery is so good I can't tell if you meant that or not :)