Misidentification

While at the same time making the point that you were attempting to use a false analogy (I.E.- Elvis) to somehow quantify your point.

I'm sorry, but I disagree that it's a false analogy. There are tons of people believing that Elvis is still alive and well, despite common knowledge that he is dead. And in order to support this belief, they are using questionable sightings and blurry photographs (blobvis, perhaps?). Of course because of the subject matters at hand, Bigfoot and Elvis, many of the things at fault for generating false sightings are the same while some are different. Where Bigfoot and Elvis differs, however, is that it's entirely possible that Bigfoot exists and not possible that Elvis is alive.

No analogy will satisfy people here, it doesn't mean that they're false. This field has very little in the way of verifiable reports so it can be compared to just about anything with "volume and consistency"- Loch Ness Monster, ghosts, aliens, etc. Many of which people get offended by because they don't want Bigfoot to be used in the same conversation with those things. The actual point gets dismissed and drowned out by the complaints- that's pretty much the way it always goes.

Agreed.  It's almost like the True Believersâ„¢ are emotionally invested in a specific conclusion... That couldn't be the case... Right?

(If you saw Elvis, you saw an impersonator.  Pretty obvious, eh?)

Bigfoot impersonators exist too, in great numbers.

How are you going to know what people really saw?

Edited by roguefooter

From reading so many reports. Reading those reports have given our intrepid logic-slinger vast skill, and has enabled him to become the arbiter of all things what should be accepted by "Science."

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Upvote 1

Putting Elvis, or ghosts, or UFOs, or Nessie, or anything else like that in the same league as sasquatch is simply highlighting how little one has invested in learning about this topic.

That's not an opinion.

Putting Elvis, or ghosts, or UFOs, or Nessie, or anything else like that in the same league as sasquatch is simply highlighting how little one has invested in learning about this topic.

How are they not the same, if not for investment in a specific conclusion of a specific entity?

DWA said:

That's not an opinion.

Your opinion that your opinion is not an opinion is an opinion but wrong because it is an opinion, however your opinion is noted.

No, actually, but you are entitled to your opinion, which is wrong.

And you are entitled to your opinion that my opinion is wrong, but your opinion is wrong because of potato.  So there :P

Look, I have shown factually why you are wrong so many times here that it's time for you to show me how you are right which you're not, so neener.

Guest LarryP

That's not an opinion.

BINGO!

It's nothing more than the same old Santa Clause/ invisible pink Unicorns/Faeries tactic employed by faux sceptics which they make up just for the sake of argument.

I mean.

Do we REALLY NEED TO DO THIS!?!?!??!!?

ELVIS:  deaddeadDEAD; the body said so, waaaaaaaaay back in 1977; no I won't believe you if you say it's in your closet; but people just need to believe stooopid stuff, and the world is full of Elvis impersonators.

BIGFOOT:  despite an apparent consensus opinion that it can't be real, upstanding people prized for their perceptive competence (compare with Elvis sighters, go 'head) continue to see it; their descriptions are consistent; their descriptions make it obvious that what they saw isn't human; their descriptions, delivered from scratch, make it clear that they are seeing the same thing...and that same thing is on film, a film that cross-checks against the sightings, many by people who have never seen the film...and the thing on the film made footprints, consistent with many many others found under circumstances that make manufacture unlikely in the extreme, if not impossible.

Like.I.Said.

NOT an opinion.

Sorry, I can't wait for Leftfoot, and will get nothing worth waiting for.

Look, I have shown factually why you are wrong so many times here that it's time for you to show me how you are right which you're not, so neener.

You have failed to do so and have not backed up those facts with actual evidence, so your facts are less than factual.

I, personally, have provided men serving life sentences and facing the death penalty because of faulty eye witness testimony, as well as psychological studies that show that eye witness testimony is unreliable, as well explaining some of the mechanics of how it's possible for people to look at a tree stump and see a Bigfoot.

So neener neener.

Investigating eye wiyness testimony, I have to admit, fun.  Especially when it takes you out into the wilderness.  What a pitty I don't live closer to the Daniel Boone national forest, I'd be able to do so on a more regular basis.