N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Pinocchio was a bad promotional speaker. You might not wish to try your hand at it, either.

Just because I said the lady had potential?

Edited by Yuchi1

Crows have been shown to solve complex problems in attaining food.

A crow was using the big rock to crush nuts? That's downright hilarious. Is this the Bigfoot Forums or the Chuckle Hut? 

Personally, I "know" that UHS/BF appear to possess a level of intelligence quite a ways above any chimpanzee behavior I'm familar about.

Emphasis added. Obvs.

So I take it that's a no on the legal defense fund then.

All available funds are dedicated to accomplishing our goals. 

This is not an emotional issue - wood apes are not humans - they are an animal. The idea of conservation is not based on individuals of the species, but the whole of the species.  Those of you that are no-kill really haven't looked into yourself and asked why it is you are so selfish.  You don't want to lose one for the greater of the whole?  Do you want to doom an entire species because you have an emotional relationship with the one? 

Hairy Man, you stated your case very well and even though I don't want to be the trigger man. Bringing a Sasquatch down will help with the conservation effort but there are other options such as dart rifles which is what I prefer. Yuchi's points are well taken too and she/ he is asking good legal questions. I disagree with the statement "wood apes" are not humans. Below is a sketch of Patty without her hair, and she looks way more human than ape. With the facial hair they look ape like, but shave their beards and pop......they look human. This is why shot dead ones have been buried, since shooters feared murder when they could see behind the hair. I emailed a member who was charged by a Sasquatch and he said it looked like a caveman.

We really don't know what they really are except for a few people that were kidnapped by them. My opinion has changed over the years, and they are probably some relic hominid or caveman. This explains why they are so hard to locate, photograph, and study. They are 'skookum' which is an Oregon Rogue River Indian word for strong, smart, and powerful usually applied to Sasquatch. They are possibly cave people that discuss issues such as guns, being hunted, escaping detection and so on at a basic level of human communication much like handicapped humans communicate. If true the clan knows they are being hunted, and they discuss this issue with their families. The entire family then lives under tremendous stress since they need to find food, escape predators, and now look for snipers.

If one could be taken quick and painlessly then fine. However, killing a Sasquatch should only be attemped by highly trained snipers using long range military sniper rifles......period. The NAWAC should make sure sniper quality people are used. I was trained in the Marine Corps two week intensive shooting school and understand quick, painless kills. At the end of each day, we lined up and our score cards were read by 3 DI's freshly back from Nom. If your shooting was lousy you got punched in the stomach and slapped so they took this seriously.

Hunting the forest people, puts the entire clan under constant stress. It's a dirty job, and someone must do it since the entire race is under stress. We can credit the NAWAC for doing a job that highly financed biologist should be doing. Mainstream scientist refuse to get on board and secure high dollar grants to put Jane Goodall types in the woods that would bring in the evidence without killing one.

Are they really 'wood apes'? Shave off the hair and................pop............they look like cave men. 

One needs to brought in by expert snipers that know how to kill quickly and painlessly with military quality sniper rifles. I was a Marine riflemen and know what good shooting is all about.

Yuchi, we can blame the cowardly biologist who shy away from trying to get huge grants to put Jane Goodall type people in the field that will bring in evidence without killing one.  

post-447-0-13727400-1399730126.jpg

• Upvote 1

Below is a sketch of Patty without her hair, and she looks way more human than ape. 

Shave a chimp or a gorilla and you might say the same thing. That's not an argument or indicative of anything other than what the NAWAC already asserts.

Does the PhD that presented the info about Barred Owls trump your MA?

IMO, the tenor & tone of your post appears to indicate I may have struck a nerve.

No PhD has said Barred Owls EAT Spotted Owls. They compete for the same resources.The Barred Owls have spread their habitat due to human clear cutting. Humans are the reason for the decline in Spotted Owl populations.

You haven't stuck a nerve at all. As I stated before, you are welcome to your opinion. The NAWAC will continue on with its mission.

Shave a chimp or a gorilla and you might say the same thing. That's not an argument or indicative of anything other than what the NAWAC already asserts.

Many a Sasquatch tracker and or hunter has spent years after them, and they always seem to come up empty handed and broken. This and common sense tells me they are not even close to chimps or gorillas. They have the forest stealth of cave men that trumps humans at least 100 fold. Maybe you will break this cycle or they will break you. It's a game of chance.

What about your snipers?  What's wrong with a few long range dart guns?

So what if Sasquatch is much closer to human than chimps or gorillas and is a cave man? Does this make a difference with your stance or make the job of killing one more difficult?  Bringing in one will solve many issues, and one plastered on the grill of a logging truck may beat you to the punch. I hope you solve this issue once and for all. Of course you may wander across an abandoned baby that will make everyone happy.

I've gotta go with NAWAC on this one.  From the evidence, I'm not thinking human.

I actually think that anthropomorphizing animals overmuch fails to give them enough credit ...and gives our odious kind far too much.

NAWAC's evidence doesn't seem to point towards human.  My experiences do.  I don't specifically "believe" anything but I certainly seriously entertain the possibility we're not interacting with the same thing.   Another angle .. ThePhaige and a couple others have suggested deception in their interactions.  Perhaps NAWAC is following a deliberately laid trail of false bread crumbs.   Again, I don't specifically believe or disbelieve, I just consider as many possible angles as I can while I wait for that piece of evidence that brings it all into focus. 

MIB

Moderator Statement: things have been a bit on the snarky side in the last couple of pages. It ends now- please observe the decorum that you all argreed to in the forum rules (http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/29306-bff-rules-guidelines/):

1. Respect For Others

A. All members of these Forums will respect the opinions and presence of other members of the Forums. You are welcome to engage in challenging and spirited debate with other users, but rudeness will not be tolerated.....A
ntisocial behavior, in general, will not be tolerated.

NAWAC's evidence doesn't seem to point towards human.  My experiences do.  I don't specifically "believe" anything but I certainly seriously entertain the possibility we're not interacting with the same thing.   Another angle .. ThePhaige and a couple others have suggested deception in their interactions.  Perhaps NAWAC is following a deliberately laid trail of false bread crumbs.   Again, I don't specifically believe or disbelieve, I just consider as many possible angles as I can while I wait for that piece of evidence that brings it all into focus. 

MIB

Two separate incidents involved armed humans and UHS/BF (FTF, at varying distances) with the first during an organized "hunt" in Louisiana where a shooter (retired military) observed a female and juvenile at ~20 yards for ~30 minutes (NV scope), yet did not pull the trigger. When later asked by the hunt organizer as to why not, the reply was "their faces looked too human".

The other was a daylight sighting (Rogers county, Oklahoma) by an experienced deer hunter (previously, he had taken an 11 point & 14 point buck from the same stand) observing the UHS/BF (binocs & rifle scope) walk (~15:00 HRS) along an open meadow for ~1100 yards. When I asked him (3X) why he didn't take a shot the answer was always the same, "the face looked so human, that I felt murder would have been committed had I done so". In each separate interview, DJ's voice tone level did not rise nor did his pupils dilate. Have known this man for 21 years and if he is anything, it is forthright. The experience so shook him, that was the last year of his participation on the hunting lease. 

The upshot being, these two men had "the shot" however, as it was face on, they chose not to with the thought that shooting one in the back may be an excuse to rationalize and not have to face the reality of what you've done...until the body is rolled over onto it's back.

Edited by Yuchi1

No PhD has said Barred Owls EAT Spotted Owls. They compete for the same resources.The Barred Owls have spread their habitat due to human clear cutting. Humans are the reason for the decline in Spotted Owl populations.

You haven't stuck a nerve at all. As I stated before, you are welcome to your opinion. The NAWAC will continue on with its mission.

..."Owls prey on a huge variety of creatures, including raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, domestic birds, falcons, and other owls."...*

* source: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/great-horned-owl/

Yes that is a great horned owl you referenced.....not a barred owl.

You have a habit of referencing facts that are not Germaine to the topic at hand.

You have a habit of referencing facts that are not Germaine to the topic at hand.

Please re-read the article as the sentence so quoted (taken in it's proper context) was referencing owls, in general.

Maybe this will provide the solace you seek:

..."Barred Owls eat a large variety of prey, including: mice, voles, shrews, moles, rats, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, opossums, bats, birds (including smaller owls), frogs, salamanders, lizards, snakes, crayfish, insects, slugs, and fish"...

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/barred_owl.htm

Please re-read the article as the sentence so quoted (taken in it's proper context) was referencing owls, in general.

Maybe this will provide the solace you seek:

..."Barred Owls eat a large variety of prey, including: mice, voles, shrews, moles, rats, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, opossums, bats, birds (including smaller owls), frogs, salamanders, lizards, snakes, crayfish, insects, slugs, and fish"...

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/barred_owl.htm

One other item from the PhD's presentation was the Barred Owl had expanded their range westward and included areas where no logging was occurring.

Ok let's try this for real this time......I'll help.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_Owl

Birds and mammals, such as the fisher (Martes pennanti), are likely predators of eggs and young Spotted Owls.[5][36] Northern Goshawks (Accipiter gentilis) and crows may prey on juvenile Spotted Owls, while Great Horned Owls (Bubo virginianus), Red-tailed Hawks (Buteo jamaicensis), and Golden Eagles (Aquila chrysaetos) are likely predators of both juvenile and adults.[5][31][36] Great Horned Owls and Barred Owls likely compete with Spotted Owls for food and space in some areas.[49] Barred Owls may have a negative effect on Northern Spotted Owl survival and fecundity in some areas.[11][38][56]