N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Thought buckshot was cleared for Hog use in '07 or so..   

I understand it was in 2012 when the ODWC re-classified the definition of feral hog.

Drew, how many duck hunters can you fit on a pond? I know it's more than one.

Like your safe shooting distance on private land scenario ? There is no clear cut answer.

It now appears that everyone is in agreement that the Echo Incident (07/2011) took place on Mr. Branson's place which is (per the county plat map) a 10 acre mountaintop plot.

The gist of that event is the shooter (Mr. Coyler) apparently (lost his composure) and proceeded to spray ~8-12 rounds of buckshot/slugs in a somewhat uncontrolled fashion (in the process, "killing" several trees) and then began to loudly proclaim he'd "shot one". IMO, not exactly what constitutes a carefully coordinated and professionally executed military/LEO style event.

There is also a video (linked in a previous post) out showing a re-creation of yet another shooting on the place that occurred when a Wood Ape "hunter" became frightened and fired (from the hip) with what appears to be a AR style/platform rifle, at an unidentified target.  IMO, that's an even worse (safety-wise) deal as the round(s) were fired based upon the emotion of fear, at an unidentifed target and with ordnance that has a lethal range, measured in miles.

And, these are supposed to be carefully coordinated and executed events by people with training in firearms and the handling thereof?

Really?

Why then, would not any reasonable person (living/operating in the vicinity) not have concerns with behavior such as this?

Norseman,

On ODWC/COE managed lands (waterfowl hunting), hunters are required to maintain a spacing of 250 yards.*

Of course, you cannot hunt waterfowl with buckshot, slugs or centerfire rifles.

* www.wildlifedepartment.com

And just a observation.........

The "don't shoot Bigfoot cuz they don't exist " crowd?

Make strange bed fellows with;

The "don't shoot Bigfeets cuz they are forest people" crowd!

Interesting!

Either way? It's nobody's business but my own.

Yuchi, i'd not use the word 'everyone'.  I disagree as currently its all speculation until someone from NAWAC states it as a fact

.    :onthequiet:

So a father and son cannot sit in a duck blind together? I find that very hard to believe

Norseman,

That's why I posted the link (www.wildlifedepartment.com) so those insistent upon apparently being cute/obtuse could get the info.

Wheelug,

IMO, it's accurate until someone from NAWAC come forward and proclaims Mr. Branson to be a liar. :nea:

Yuchi, i'd not use the word 'everyone'. I disagree as currently its all speculation until someone from NAWAC states it as a fact

. :onthequiet:

Everything he says is simply opinion!!!!

On my land? I'll shoot as many trees, as fast and with whatever ammo i want too.....

Norseman,

That's why I posted the link (www.wildlifedepartment.com) so those insistent upon apparently being cute/obtuse could get the info.

Wheelug,

IMO, it's accurate until someone from NAWAC come forward and proclaims Mr. Branson to be a liar. :nea:

That's for different hunting parties....... Nice try.

I was reading through the rules in the Oklahoma Hunting Guide and found this

On all Wildlife Management Areas, the discharge of firearms for purposes other than hunting is restricted to the specific target or shooting ranges provided for public use.

I would assume Area X is not in one of the WMAs in Oklahoma 

That's for different hunting parties....... Nice try.

Blinds cannot be constructed within 250 yards of each other.

Is how the regulation reads

Opinions? IMO, better than fantasia derived thinking. :wink:

Different hunting parties? :scratchhead:

Exactly Yuchi!!!

Are you sure you belong to a hunting lease ?

Edited by norseman

So, after how many pages of the same arguments, what has it accomplished? IMO, nothing but a clearer view that (at least for me) that even though the "evidence" presented in this thread may not be enough to verify there are woodapes at area X but plenty of written "evidence" that shows animosity towards what NAWAC is trying to accomplish.

So, what is the motive?

Possibilities: To get NAWAC kicked off of their research area?

To try and sway people to think that NAWAC are a bunch of gun happy, illegal bullet wielding ignorant woodape hunters that have no knowledge on how to conduct themselves?

A personal dislike for anyone, or any group that is pro-kill?

Sour grapes that someone's own research/ evidence hasn't gotten the "attention" that they feel they deserve so they have to try and down NAWAC with every little tid bit that they can dig up?

"What's the bottom line" as to what is trying to be accomplished by all this?  Seriously what's the point?

Painthorse....beats the doggy-poo out of me, really. I read. I wonder. I miss discussions about stuff that Bipto would tell us. The purpose of much of what we have left here is somewhat perplexing.  More like air rushing it to fill a vacuum. Oh well, there is the freedom to do that as much as one wishes here. Carry on!

L,

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that the realization of Area "X"'s proximity to one of the leases was discerned. Then, once I started gathering the information and analyzing their (NAWAC) claims, and as someone with boots on the ground experience in the vicinity, a couple things became apparent.

First, the issue of possible trespassing (onto the lease) became a legitimate concern, given the scope and breadth of NAWAC's claims and given the fact their Area "X" was 10 acres in size and surrounded by other private lands for miles and NAWAC had published no indicators that anywhere other than the Branson place was Area "X".

The second concern (and gravest) were the public revelations on details of the two (2) shootings that apparently occurred on this location. When I looked at all the claims and then, the facts, IMO, my impression of this group was a bunch of city boy, Rambo/Seal Team Six wannabe's playing weekend Survivorman in the mountains. With the fact I/we had encountered no evidence of UHS/Sasquatch activity (for years) on the ~3300 acres which includes a ~3.3 mile stretch across the north face of Kiamichi mountain, just north of their playground, I couldn't help but wonder what hijinks were really afoot up there.

IMO, as long as they present no hazard to others, I could care less what they are doing.