N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Cats can survive falls from 19 story buildings with a chipped tooth.  

So- if the building doesn't have a chipped tooth, how does the cat fare?

• Upvote 1

Wow i leave for 3 days come back and we are still arguing over this?

It would be a boring place if we all had the exact same opinions.  :)

Alright, I have to pipe in on this.  I mean all of these comments in a very objective and non-aggressive way.   I am truly getting frustrated with all of this area X activity...I have followed all of this activity very closely from on the onset, and i am frankly losing interest on the activities there.  Between tree breaks, the supposed sightings, the gun shot incident, and the excessive rock throwing, how is it at all possible that there is no video, photo, or a body of these creatures if A) they are there at all B)there are as many as it seems from the reports and Podcasts, and C) most importantly, many of these stories told claim that things have happened very close to the cabin.  I just find it completely frustrating that a group of people have come up with nothing at this point. For example, the audio recording of the rocks hitting the cabin in excess...it literally sounded like it was raining rocks.  So this means they either A) they were extremely close to the cabin, or B) there were 50 of them throwing rocks by the rapid rate in which they were hitting cabin.  

For as much as people in the community say they are tired of hearing stories of encounters, this is literally all that has come out of area X after all of this time.  I am not quite sure why this gets so much attention, but it is just a bunch of stories.  

I just had to get this off my chest, as I don't see or hear many people challenging anything that has come out of area X. 

Edited by AaronD
Removed flaming comment

I just don't want this claim in the BF canon...

Crikey!!! They've got CANNONS now?! That's how they're takin down trees. I'm never going into the woods again.

Admin

... I don't see or hear many people challenging anything that has come out of area X. 

Well, there is no point in "challenging" field observations. They are just reporting their observations... 

It's like shooting a scout for reporting possible enemy fight songs heard over a ridge and faded carriage tracks. Once they present evidence, that's the time to make an evaluation and a challenge if appropriate.

Some of you obviously can't separate observations from evidence.

In the mean time, chill people!

Edited by gigantor
  • Upvote 1

Cats can survive falls from 19 story buildings with a chipped tooth.

I wasn't aware that buildings had teeth.

Where is this hypothetical toothed building - Oregum?

Edited by the parkie

Well, there is no point in "challenging" field observations. They are just reporting their observations... 

I don't know.  If someone tells me a creature snapped off a large tree at the base, I'm gonna have a hard time believing them when they say a creature and its friends waved from the top of a hill.  

t.

Alright, I have to pipe in on this.  I mean all of these comments in a very objective and non-aggressive way.   I am truly getting frustrated with all of this area X activity...I have followed all of this activity very closely from on the onset, and i am frankly losing interest on the activities there.  Between tree breaks, the supposed sightings, the gun shot incident, and the excessive rock throwing, how is it at all possible that there is no video, photo, or a body of these creatures if A) they are there at all B)there are as many as it seems from the reports and Podcasts, and C) most importantly, many of these stories told claim that things have happened very close to the cabin.  I just find it completely frustrating that a group of people have come up with nothing at this point. For example, the audio recording of the rocks hitting the cabin in excess...it literally sounded like it was raining rocks.  So this means they either A) they were extremely close to the cabin, or B) there were 50 of them throwing rocks by the rapid rate in which they were hitting cabin.  

For as much as people in the community say they are tired of hearing stories of encounters, this is literally all that has come out of area X after all of this time.  I am not quite sure why this gets so much attention, but it is just a bunch of stories.  

I just had to get this off my chest, as I don't see or hear many people challenging anything that has come out of area X. 

With 9 other parcels (~5-20 acres) adjoining M/M Branson's 10 acre plot and with other cabins located in the vicinity, I wonder if the neighbors are experiencing such activity/belligerence as well?

Edited by Yuchi1

I have followed all of this activity very closely from on the onset ...[text omitted by me]..... 

I can't fathom how those 2 comments can go in the same post.

Have you read the threads here?

With 9 other parcels (~5-20 acres) adjoining M/M Branson's 10 acre plot and with other cabins located in the vicinity, I wonder if the neighbors are experiencing such activity/belligerence as well?

Wait, wait, whut?  This all happening on a 10 acre plot? with neighboring parcels only making up another 180 (max 9 parcels x 20acres) acres?  

I would assume there is public land nearby, but there are no hiking trails bordering the private area?