N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

See-te-cah  lets be fair. I counted the posts from the last post Bipto made before stating that he was off to Disneyland till he came back with the goodbye and the outpour of his thoughts, There were 303 posts and of all of those I bet less than 5 real questions. If you were in his shoes I know you would not have said the things he said before he left, but would you have waded thru that when a lot of the thread was being sidetracked before you left?

• Upvote 1

none of those posts were reported as far as I know. How bad coud it have been.

He could have also just ignored that stuff, or he could have provided more information. It's definitely his right to leave if he wants, but why is this such an issue?

@ David NC, yes sir it is. "BUT" it can be brutal to navigate especially this time of year. Thick underbrush, thorny vines that are thick as thieves that will trip you in a heart beat and rip through skin and clothing. And the flipping ticks, spiders and chiggers are a less than wanted bonus! Terrain is rarely level off paths and rocky as sin. Level ground can take you to steep drop downs where you have to hold on to trees to make your way to the bottoms. I do not know the exact location of X but I am familiar with the area and it's just as brutal there as it is here.

I don't blame Brian for his exit, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, he demonstrated more patience than I could possess. JMO, NAWAC is doing the best they can, Brian was more than open in his sharing of the information that he did release. I followed this thread daily when I could and read with interest so many things that they experienced there that we had experienced here in the past. It actually felt good to know that others were experiencing the same things that we had sharing the same national forest area.

JMO, it's sad that when this stuff happens, the ones who experience it, "can't prove it".  There's no set time that this stuff happens, people can't be locked, cocked and ready to rock 24/7. The stuff just happens when it does. But eventually persistence pays off and kudos to those who have the vigilance and patience to "get-r-done".

• Upvote 3

some pics of the terrain around here.   Linville gorge, mountains in Burke county, small water fall with good pic of what the understory is like in most places here, and a pic of the sunrise looking at Table Rock located in the Linville gorge.

They actual look a little similar.

• Upvote 1

Admin

in that general vicinity as well. Mr. Branson's report was in 2001 and a lot has changed in that particular location since then.

Can you elaborate on the changes?

Guest Stan Norton

Not if their observations violate the laws of physics, no.

Or if the tittle tattle made it seem to the ill informed that that was the case. Further explanation has been provided. 

Inability to respond? No, it was a refusal to respond, and he admittedly refused to read the questions about what he'd presented.

The quote was 'inability to respond RIGHT NOW DAMMIT!'. A wry comment on the weird expectation that Bipto was here for the personal gratification of the questioner. That's all. He has explained his issues rather well on the BFS blog imo. If a failure to read preceding posts is a crime, please ban most members, me included!

So Branson has a home property and another "remote" property.  Which property is the 10 acre property?  It doesn't seem to me that one with a bunch of neighbors and cartels around would be described a remote.  There seems to be some type of difference of opinion here.  I've heard Bipto say they could go long stretches at a time without any human contact, yet some here are acting like they are trying to hunt in a sub-division.  If the area is "X" and is secret, how do we know you're talking about the right place?

Inability to respond? No, it was a refusal to respond, and he admittedly refused to read the questions about what he'd presented.

The quote was 'inability to respond RIGHT NOW DAMMIT!'. A wry comment on the weird expectation that Bipto was here for the personal gratification of the questioner. That's all. He has explained his issues rather well on the BFS blog imo. If a failure to read preceding posts is a crime, please ban most members, me included!

Oh, I agree. You may also feel free to get an overview from your fans instead of reading the questions based on accounts you've given, leave the forum when the heat gets too hot, and blame others for your "inability" to answer questions beforehand.

You may also explain to your friendly fans that the forum is at fault for not protecting a grown man from those that would question your unsubstantiated claims, and then give your explanation of the events in the confines of your own, more controllable format.

JMO, of course. It's happened before... recently, if I recall correctly. You now have a template to use.

Yes, he eventually offered explanations for his exit, and it was everyone's fault but his.

By the way, Bipto wasn't banned for not reading posts, so why would you or anyone else be? If and when I need your advice in regard to banning members, I'll get back to you. I've managed pretty well without your advice so far.

• Upvote 1

Can you elaborate on the changes?

Starting in the past ~5 years, groups of individuals in the forest, displaying belligerent posturing with malevolent intent, not lost on the inhabitants therein hence, they left the area.

These groups aren't limited to pro-kill UHS/Sasquatch hunters as we now have a black bear season and cougar are considered a menace/nuisance animal with a resulting uptick in human traffic in these areas.

So Branson has a home property and another "remote" property.  Which property is the 10 acre property?  It doesn't seem to me that one with a bunch of neighbors and cartels around would be described a remote.  There seems to be some type of difference of opinion here.  I've heard Bipto say they could go long stretches at a time without any human contact, yet some here are acting like they are trying to hunt in a sub-division.  If the area is "X" and is secret, how do we know you're talking about the right place?

The aforementioned 10 acres is the only land that is listed under (aka: paying taxes upon) M/M Branson's name in LeFlore county, Oklahoma, per the latest plat map information that is publically available. IMO, if there are other (Branson) private land areas, it isn't in that particular county.

Guest zenmonkey

You aren't.

See-te-cah  lets be fair. I counted the posts from the last post Bipto made before stating that he was off to Disneyland till he came back with the goodbye and the outpour of his thoughts, There were 303 posts and of all of those I bet less than 5 real questions. If you were in his shoes I know you would not have said the things he said before he left, but would you have waded thru that when a lot of the thread was being sidetracked before you left?

That is a good observation. Thank you for posting that.

Guest Stan Norton

Oh, I agree. You may also feel free to get an overview from your fans instead of reading the questions based on accounts you've given, leave the forum when the heat gets too hot, and blame others for your "inability" to answer questions beforehand.

You may also explain to your friendly fans that the forum is at fault for not protecting a grown man from those that would question your unsubstantiated claims, and then give your explanation of the events in the confines of your own, more controllable format.

JMO, of course. It's happened before... recently, if I recall correctly. You now have a template to use.

Yes, he eventually offered explanations for his exit, and it was everyone's fault but his.

By the way, Bipto wasn't banned for not reading posts, so why would you or anyone else be? If and when I need your advice in regard to banning members, I'll get back to you. I've managed pretty well without your advice so far.

If I need patronising I'll ask my wife thanks.

You might notice that I never said that you had banned bipto. I was using hyperbole to get a point across.

I noticed that. I was only presenting the fact that no one is banned for such obviously frivolous reasons, nor for histrionical behavior.