N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Admin

I still think, that if you get these beasts in visual site, in the case of the Tree Beast, it was 60 yards according to Bipto.  A pack of hounds would be the way to go.

They could run that Ape until it gets into a tree, and then it would be the easy target.

If it refuses to tree, it's gonna run, and shed hair, and get tired.  This is Oklahoma in the summer, a hairy apeman is going to get tired, especially if it is lugging around 600 pounds and two huge disproportional feet.

Bear dogs would be the way to go, or pig dogs, or mountain lion dogs.  No fear whatsoever.  Even with the magical Bigfoot Stink Eye, they wouldn't back down.

I think if you let a pack of dogs loose to try and tree a Bigfoot, I think you could follow the trail, by following the Dogs Bodies. JMO

Doc Holliday, you naughty, naughty boy! And I love it! Plussed, you dickins.

Sorry folks, ya hafta catch some of my catch-phrases in the Tar Pit.

lol, thank you sir, I thought you'd appreciate that.

yes folks,  that buttered one gets a lot of mileage in the Pit......all the more reason to join the pmp and find out why ;)

• Upvote 1

I think if you let a pack of dogs loose to try and tree a Bigfoot, I think you could follow the trail, by following the Dogs Bodies. JMO

I think that is absolutely an uninformed conclusion.  Another supernatural attribute of the Bigfoot, "able to fight off a pack of trained hunting dogs"

I am going to add that to my Tshirt graphic.

One of the NAWAC's mysteries is they do not know where the BF hang out or bed down, before and after they raid the cabin area.  Are there large private plots nearby that they are not allowed to explore?  Could be they hang in those folks back 40, never bothering those owners.  Or is it all public land the NAWAC can roam?

It happens all the time with Cougar and Black Bear. And old time reports of running Grizzly with hounds in the lower 48 at the turn of the last century were often very bad.

Now? Running hounds in wolf country can be extremely risky, and the wolves have nothing to do with the chase but will defend their territory from rivals.

But the bottom line? Every time that animal turns and fights or trees? Brings the hunter that much closer! Sometimes on horseback or a quad.

And not all hounds are as aggressive, some will attempt to take a bite but most will hang back and bark, letting the hunter know where they are.

Great points Norseman.

I would say very few hunts of any kind with dogs, end up with trails of dead dogs.

That would not be a very productive type of hunting, if everytime your dogs tried to tree a cougar or a bear, they ended up with 3 or 4 dead dogs.

That doesn't happen very often at all.

Regarding the wolves attacking hunting dogs, I have heard about this with Beagles running rabbits, but not so much with cat dogs or bear dogs.

Beagles are relatively small and slow compared to a wolf.

Admin

I offered my opinion, you can think what you want. Sure dogs are used to hunt bears and Mt. Lions, but we are talking about a Bigfoot.   Your comparing apples to oranges. I have never read a sighting report where a Bear did not run away, and I am talking Black and Grizzly bears,  just before a Bigfoot was sighted. Also, the countless reports of supposed great dogs, that were useless after encountering a Bigfoot. There are also reports of Dogs being found dead up in the crotch of a tree. The only thing that could do that would be a Human, Bigfoot, or maybe a Leopard? 

What I have offered here is in Hard copy in sighting reports. Uninformed? Hardly...  Is there any hard copy evidence out there of someone letting a group of Hunting Dogs loose to hunt a Bigfoot, because I would like to see it. I doubt if anyone would risk their dogs lives for such a venture, fearing what could happen to their dogs. JMO

• Upvote 1

^^^^

That's not the problem. The problem is how do you TRAIN your dogs to run Bigfoot?

I cannot dip a raccoon in Kronk's Bigfoot training scent. But I can for Bear or Cougar.

A bloodhound will trail any scent that is shown to them, but they trail off of a leash and are slooooooow.

Big game hounds have to have a particular species locked in their head. Otherwise they will be doing figure eights out in a field full of deer sign.

Admin

Personally, I don't consider letting a pack of dogs loose on an animal as hunting. It is Barbaric, JMO. No, I am not anti-hunting, just believe in giving my quarry a sporting chance.  But, that is a good question Norseman, how do you train dogs to hunt a Bigfoot. Meldrum tried baiting with ape pheromones, without any success. I don't see how you could train dogs to pick up a scent that can't be reproduced for training purposes. But, I say that even if a Pack of dogs did corner a Bigfoot, which is unlikely, they would be in serious trouble. A bigfoot, agitated now from the dogs, majorly pissed, would just break off a nice bat sized tree and begin the Home Run Derby. Dogs vs. Bigfoot, my money would be on the Bigfoot.

• Upvote 1

That's a popular misconception. I'll challenge you to the same challenge I gave to the girl at the humane society. Go on a central Idaho cougar hunt just once........your perception will be changed. More work, more dedication, more heart ache than any boot hunter can ever experience.

I can call bears in with a mouth call, but would prefer hunting them by hounds! Why? Certainly not because it's easier!

But your mindset is why it's now illegal in Washington and I gave away my dogs. I miss them.

It's not even a given that a chimp smells like a Bigfoot or gorilla or orang or human. To the dog it matters........

Like any large angry animal it's a dangerous game for the dog and potentially the hunter as well. No doubt. But I don't think a 600 lbs Bigfoot is any better equipped at killing hounds than a 600 lbs bear is.

And hounds are not tough, they are medium build and made for endurance. And have a superb nose.

If you want some thing that takes down giant russian boar? dogo argentino would be the way to go with hounds to trail mixed in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gipkAyrPRsU

If you could get six 120 lbs dogos on a squatch? He or she has a real problem on their hands. Those dogs are gonna latch on and lock down on your body parts and not let go. From all sides......squatch cannot swing punches or clubs 360 degrees.

Admin

I will just say we can agree to disagree on this subject. Your still invited over for dinner my friend.

I understand your squeamishness about hunting with dogs, but what else do you disagree with specifically ? The reason why I ask is because I have seriously rolled this problem around in my mind.

I own a fila brasilero and tried the breed. They are used to hunt Jag and protect cattle herds in Brazil. She was too attached to me and would not trail with the hounds. And I cannot find much online about their hunting pedigree. Unlike the dogo, which is very well known.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgoJ25yyTM

Edited by norseman

You really can't understand how strong the dogs are.

I can't even imagine what a 100 pound plus dog could do with it's jaws.

When a 20 pound dog can rip your hand apart with one bite.