Are They Really Woodknocks?

BC witness

I really worry about such die hard skeptics if they spend any time in the woods.     If they are such a skeptic that they cannot even look or consider evidence, what happens to them emotionally if they have an up close and personal encounter?      Time spent on the shrink couch having the shrink help you deal with your hallucination?     Seems skepticism could be inherently dangerous if you do spend time in the woods and have any potential for an encounter.     But probably many skeptics don't spend time in the woods so they are probably safe in their own version of reality.   Anyway I keep wondering,  why are skeptics here?    RR

I spend plenty of time in the woods all year round. I hike, bike, and cross country ski. I also paddle alone along rivers plenty of time as well. There is zero chance of me having an encounter.  Though your concern is appreciated.

Hello dmaker,

There might be one or two folks who may wonder why I'm giving up on the Forum. I think the last two pages here sums it up nicely. I don't find fault with anyone......it's just not for me's all.

Hello Hellbilly,

LOL, it sure does now that you bring it up. At the time the photo was taken it was WALKING. Thought it was pretty cool. I think it MUST be a guy in a suit. The clarity in the pics just puts the blobsquatches to shame. There is NO need for pointing out where these gorillas are in the images nor red circles or anything. Why I do believe there is also no need for any speculation about what one is seeing, and able to identify.....remarkable.  ;)

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Dmaker sorry but I am a witness and know you are wrong about the zero probability.   I of course don't know where you live and play outdoors but if it involves woodlands with cover some places are certainly more likely than others to have an encounter.   Biking and cross country skiing while they get you outdoors,  you are occupied with the task.   Inattention on your part will run you into a tree.     My encounters have not been entirely random events.  I sought out locations with reported sightings and worked those areas for some time before having any success.     It helps to live in one of the most active BF areas in the country.    Even at that, a sighting is a very rare event, so rare that I may never get another.       It all depends on time of year,  chance, luck,  determination,   and willingness to spend time in the field looking.    I look at it as a good reason to spend time out enjoying nature.    Yesterday I saw a coyote, tomorrow who knows what I will see.     There are no guarantees but you have to be willing to spend a lot of time in the field to have much of chance for success.      I admit If I had not found a footprint (20") within 5 months of starting field work I probably would have given it up by now.    That convinced me they are out there and kept me going long enough to have an encounter.     It takes a big chunk of time to be in the field 2 or 3 days a week.   Since I am retired I can go midweek when fewer humans are in the woods so my chances go up.   For younger people with families, unless you take the kids with you, it might not be something you even want to get into.    Divorce is common in BF research circles.    BF research is certainly not good for everyone.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest DWA

[because I keep reminding myself that some things just don't matter]

Edited by DWA

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thermalman

I really worry about such die hard skeptics if they spend any time in the woods.     If they are such a skeptic that they cannot even look or consider evidence, what happens to them emotionally if they have an up close and personal encounter?      Time spent on the shrink couch having the shrink help you deal with your hallucination?     Seems skepticism could be inherently dangerous if you do spend time in the woods and have any potential for an encounter.     But probably many skeptics don't spend time in the woods so they are probably safe in their own version of reality.   Anyway I keep wondering,  why are skeptics here?    RR

There are three groups of people here:

Believers-hardcore witnesses and secondary fanatics.

Realists-openminded fact gatherers who seek the truth.

Skeptics-hardcore denialists, contradicting whatever the evidence might reveal.