Dna Dart Gun With Thermal Video Vrs Lethal Firearm

1980squatch

Sorry, I mispoke in post #43, the OP was reffering to a DNA collection dart, not a tranquillizer dart. So the target will be annoyed at being hit, assumimng you could get close enough to do so, and would be free to come over and take his/her displeasure out on the shooter. No thanks.

Possibly, but then again, what's one human life worth, in exchange for saving an entire species!  ;)

Edited by Yuchi1

Guest keninsc

Sorry, I mispoke in post #43, the OP was reffering to a DNA collection dart, not a tranquillizer dart. So the target will be annoyed at being hit, assumimng you could get close enough to do so, and would be free to come over and take his/her displeasure out on the shooter. No thanks.

I have to agree with you, pissing a Bigfoot off at close range might not be such a good idea.

I have to agree with you, pissing a Bigfoot off at close range might not be such a good idea.

On it's face, that sounds logical, except we already have one incident where a UHS was (allegedly) shot with a load of buckshot and it simply ran away. Using that event as a baseline, you could simply dart one, and simultaneously fire a shotgun in the air with the likely result it would also run away.  Wait a couple minutes, go hoist the big guy up and out of there.

Guest keninsc

I don't think buck shot would be the best ammo to use against a Bigfoot. I'd go with a 12ga 3" magnum and a 1 3/8 oz slug. One that gives you deep penitration. Aim center mass and take out the heart.

There are quite a few guys who claim they've shot one but no body or body parts have ever been brought out for study.

Edited by keninsc

On it's face, that sounds logical, except we already have one incident where a UHS was (allegedly) shot with a load of buckshot and it simply ran away. Using that event as a baseline, you could simply dart one, and simultaneously fire a shotgun in the air with the likely result it would also run away. Wait a couple minutes, go hoist the big guy up and out of there.

Wha?

I don't think buck shot would be the best ammo to use against a Bigfoot. I'd go with a 12ga 3" magnum and a 1 3/8 oz slug. One that gives you deep penitration. Aim center mass and take out the heart.

There are quite a few guys who claim they've shot one but no body or body parts have ever been brought out for study.

Possibly, but then again, what's one human life worth, in exchange for saving an entire species!  ;)

That thought has crossed my mind, Yuch1. As long as one of my group gets my demise by BF shredding on clear video, it would not be a total waste. Having beaten cancer twice in the last 3 years, that would be a preferable demise for an old hunter, I think. Not that I'm a fatalist, I'd put up a heck of a fight, but I am a realist.

Guest keninsc

Wha?

That's true and since I don't know what the anatomy of a Bigfoot is like I want all the penetrating power I get my hot little hands on, so this is my first choice:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/712244/brenneke-usa-black-magic-magnum-ammunition-12-gauge-3-1-3-8-oz-lead-rifled-slug-box-of-5

If that doesn't stop them then there is no stopping them.

I prefer a rifle with hard cast bullets and a large meplat

That's assuming there's a need for penetrating muscle, gristle mantle or heavy bone otherwise, those will zip right through and you'll have a UHS in a serious bad mood. (begin the sound of dueling banjos....)  ;)

That thought has crossed my mind, Yuch1. As long as one of my group gets my demise by BF shredding on clear video, it would not be a total waste. Having beaten cancer twice in the last 3 years, that would be a preferable demise for an old hunter, I think. Not that I'm a fatalist, I'd put up a heck of a fight, but I am a realist.

Heck, I would volunteer Norsey to handle the dart gun chores! ;)

Edited by Yuchi1

Ummmm a giant ape? Yah I'd say there is a need.....

But you already knew that right?

Guest keninsc

I prefer a rifle with hard cast bullets and a large meplat

If it's not worth over doing then it isn't worth doing at all.

Besides, I need to be sure what I'm shooting at.

And neither do you. It's a shotgun with lower cup pressures, lower velocity and less ft/lbs. On top of that it uses soft lead slugs.

Don't get me wrong it's much better than packing a AR around out there......but there are better choices.

We have to use slugs here in our state(for deer). They don't have the velocity a big bore has. If you're going to shoot, better to have as much knockdown as you can.

Edited by will