Noticed About Bigfoot Speech

Xion Comrade

I've noticed that with this new thing where people can apparently more easily record the "Samurai Chatter" that all of the Sasquatch voices either sound EXACTLY like the voice of the researcher getting the recording, or like someone inhaling roughly while talking at the same time(Doing their best frog voice)....

Now I am not pointing any fingers...but you know who you are, and there are plenty of you, and a unreal amount of people believing you unquestionably lmao

Yeah.  Once the stories of old woodsmen sightings became boring and non productive, the fringe crowd started latching on to the subject of bf and we began hearing all of the Samural Chatter/habitation/mind reading/cloaking, whatever they could think of stuff.  If the animal is ever proven to exist and it's shown to be just that, a mammal of some kind, it will be interesting watching those folks fade away and latch on to something else.  Probably aliens and ghosts.

t.

Dogman. Dogman will be next for them.  No chance anyone could ever capture a type specimen and ruin the fun for them.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have never placed much faith in this supposed sasquatch speech, for one main reason...I do not believe the evidence points to sasquatch being that advanced. I believe if they truly had a widespread language they would have developed culturally beyond where they appear to be now...nomadic, hunter-gatherers who travel in family groups or individually. We must suspect that if this is the case now, this was also the case in the past. Therefore when would such a language have developed, and how could it have spread?

We must not forget that the main body of evidence for the existence of sasquatch is the sighting record itself. Although the number of reports is important, what is more intriguing is the congruence of the various testimonies. Knowing that, and applying the same thing to speech, we find that the evidence for such is quite lacking. In fact, there are so few reports when compared with the overall body of evidence that I would suspect they could easily fall within the expected probability of hoaxes, as we know a certain percentage of reports are going to be fake. Reports of speech are very specialized, in that it is often people interested in bigfoot who capture them, take that how you will.

There also is not enough evidence to say that all such reports are fabrications, and there are other possibilities. There is the possibility that sasquatch are indeed making strange noises, what is dubbed samurai chatter, but that there is no actual meaning behind the noises. Then it is possible that sasquatch make these types of sounds due to their vocal characteristics, which again does not mean there is a language being spoken. Some sounds could have particular meaning through association with multiple sasquatch, but it would have to be different for just about all small groups. So perhaps they have the ability of speech in a rudimentary sense, in that they can make these sounds, but any meaning attached to the sounds would have only local meaning, probably highly abstract. So perhaps in all of their sounds there are only a few snippets that mean anything to whomever the bigfoot is communicating with.

But there is another possibility I suppose. Perhaps they do possess the brain power necessary to create a custom language, but the problem still remains that there is not really any way for that language to spread. It would be highly localized to the family group. But the problem still remains that the idea of this chatter is, to my knowledge, fairly recent. I believe the Ostman account may have mentioned something similar but I do not remember. It is possible that the animals simply may not wish to "talk" while people are around to hear it. This certainly would be in keeping with what we know about their behavior toward humans.

So I've actually just talked myself out of my initial hypothesis, haha. But that doesn't mean I believe in this speech as a language.

Now to the meat of the issue. If this is true, as the OP states, that the vocal characteristics of the recordings is aligned with the characteristics of the individual doing the recording, we have a problem. But, analysis done on the Sierra Sounds has concluded that the vocalizations could not have been made by a human. Or maybe at least not all at once. Perhaps the recordings could have been overdubbed, layered with sound. I say this because if I remember correctly part of the problem was that there were multiple sounds being made simultaneously, something that would be impossible for a human to duplicate. I am not sure if I am right about the analysis and all that, but if so, the overdubbing definitely is a possibility.

Having had experience in amateur audio engineering, and knowing the year in which the Sierra Sounds were recorded, I assume they would have been on cassettes, as compact cassettes, or tapes, were introduced to the public around the mid 60's. And I also know that one can overdub 4 separate tracks on a single tape. In fact, it was in the 70's that multi-track cassette recorders became popular. The only real alternative was a reel-to-reel recorder, which even in portable form was bulky. Still could be overdubbed though, but I would think more equipment would be needed. Not really sure, as I have no experience with them. Way before my time.

My point is that such technology would have been available to the consumer at that time, so it remains a possibility that even the Sierra Sounds, the supposed Holy Grail of sasquatch speech, could have been fabricated. Not saying this is the case however. I mentioned earlier that we should expect a certain small percentage of evidence to be fabricated, and that the evidence for sasquatch speech is so small that it could easily fall within the range of expected hoaxes. However there is another possibility, which is that a percentage of all speech recordings are hoaxes, while the remainder are legitimate. If the vocal characteristics of all recordings could be proven to be identical with those of the individual doing the recording, then obviously the entire body of evidence is called into question. But if there are any recordings that cannot be explained away through human vocal characteristics and overdubbing, then that is the main place researchers should look if they wish to establish authenticity.

Then there is the problem of the guy who stated he found a language within the Sierra Sounds. Granted his conclusions have not been verified, at least to my knowledge, by someone else in the field, but his credentials are impeccable and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of them. So if what he says is actually accurate then either bigfoot does have a language of some type, or those who faked the recordings created a simple language, probably modelled on an existing language like English, and this is what caused the researcher to find linguistic characteristics embedded in the recordings.

Like all things related to sasquatch there are no definitive answers...only probabilities. It is up to us to decide what is authentic based on those probabilities. When hundreds or thousands of people report the same or similar things, especially people who previously had no connection to the topic of bigfoot, we must assume it is probable that they are telling the truth. That is fairly easy in my opinion. When the evidence is scarce however, we are left with a conundrum. What do we believe? I think we should also keep in mind just how ridiculous the recordings of samurai chatter sound. It really does sound like a person making funny noises. That is not definitive, but we should not immediately assume that something like that is real. It is too controversial, and has too little to back it up. It will take more time, more witnesses, and more recordings to come to a conclusion that is likely to be correct. Well we could come to the correct conclusion now, but we would arrive at that conclusion through dubious methods, methods that do not have enough to substantiate our conclusions. At least in my opinion.

I have never placed much faith in this supposed sasquatch speech, for one main reason...I do not believe the evidence points to sasquatch being that advanced. I believe if they truly had a widespread language they would have developed culturally beyond where they appear to be now...nomadic, hunter-gatherers who travel in family groups or individually. We must suspect that if this is the case now, this was also the case in the past. Therefore when would such a language have developed, and how could it have spread?

The way I see it is that if I weighed 900lbs and were 9 feet tall, I simply physically wouldn't be able to do anything different from the way they do things by any means(Nor would I want to personally, I mean who would want to be apart of this jumbled mess of a rat race we call modern civilization anyway?)

But there is another possibility I suppose. Perhaps they do possess the brain power necessary to create a custom language, but the problem still remains that there is not really any way for that language to spread. It would be highly localized to the family group. But the problem still remains that the idea of this chatter is, to my knowledge, fairly recent. I believe the Ostman account may have mentioned something similar but I do not remember. It is possible that the animals simply may not wish to "talk" while people are around to hear it. This certainly would be in keeping with what we know about their behavior toward humans.

So I've actually just talked myself out of my initial hypothesis, haha. But that doesn't mean I believe in this speech as a language.

I remember reading a old indian tale where they mentioned that the bigfoot creatures which lived in their neck of the woods did infact talk, and did infact have a language which was at one point known to the natives and called the "bear language", in reference to it's beastly characteristics. It had, even by the time of the story's telling, been for the most part forgotten. If I were a smarter person I would have made a log of where I had read this from, but alas it is lost in a massive sea of papers and pages, so I got nothing to back it up lol...

Now to the meat of the issue. If this is true, as the OP states, that the vocal characteristics of the recordings is aligned with the characteristics of the individual doing the recording, we have a problem. But, analysis done on the Sierra Sounds has concluded that the vocalizations could not have been made by a human. Or maybe at least not all at once. Perhaps the recordings could have been overdubbed, layered with sound. I say this because if I remember correctly part of the problem was that there were multiple sounds being made simultaneously, something that would be impossible for a human to duplicate. I am not sure if I am right about the analysis and all that, but if so, the overdubbing definitely is a possibility.

I believe the Sierra Sounds were legitimate personally, but I would never claim anything more than simple belief until I witness it definitively in person IN the field. Those voices, and the voices I have heard recorded by other researchers, sound NOTHING like a normal human voice to my ears(But that is MY very subjective experience with what I have heard mind you lol), it is like a combination of a Chinese person and a Hyena on steroids, whoops, talking, chattering, growling and all. But once again, I cannot say without a doubt it is legitimate until I hear it myself.

Then there is the problem of the guy who stated he found a language within the Sierra Sounds. Granted his conclusions have not been verified, at least to my knowledge, by someone else in the field, but his credentials are impeccable and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of them. So if what he says is actually accurate then either bigfoot does have a language of some type, or those who faked the recordings created a simple language, probably modelled on an existing language like English, and this is what caused the researcher to find linguistic characteristics embedded in the recordings.

I am not railing on the guy, but it is going to sound like I am. When I first heard those recordings about 5 years ago I  immediately thought to myself that it was a language, that something big was talking to something. It was very obvious, especially on the second CD. But trying to pick out and decipher their language with the tiny bit of information those recordings give you just rubs me the wrong way. What I think everytime I hear the guy talking or giving a presentation is "Dude seriously, you should be out in the field getting YOUR OWN material, because you are going to need many times more information than what those CDs can give you for what you are trying to do." He is what I would term a educated armchair researcher, it's a pretty useless place to be, and I cringe every time I hear him try to imitate them.

Plussed your great post!

I think my meaning was completely lost lol, I am not saying that these big dudes do not talk, or that the Samurai Chatter is bogus, heck I almost want to hear the chatter in person as badly as I want to see one eye to eye. I was specifically referring to things like the SasquatchOntario(There are a few others I will not mention, but if you dig around you will find them) nonsense. What I was getting at with the original post is that there is suddenly ALOT of wannabe romantics running around the net posting the most ridiculous recordings(And of course tons of wannabe romantics believing them instantly) of "sasquatch speech" that sounds JUST like they do...I was just wondering if any of the other more experienced researchers had picked up on this.

I have never heard them talk in person, but I have heard the same sort of weird voice(They have a very distinctive almost hyena like sound to their vocals to my ear, no matter what sound they are making I can pick that underlying detail out almost always if it is a good clip, for some reason I always describe the sound to myself as a Blue/Dark blue voice...never understood that) in the Sierra Sounds posted by  a couple other researchers, researchers who I trust and believe.  I have learned enough that I would never rule out or assume that they don't all mostly share the same one language(I can easily believe that assuming a near human or even human intelligence they are more than capable of keeping in touch with each other over very vast regions with little effort, but dead again, that is all just floating around in the thoughts in my own head).

Edited by Xion Comrade

Are there any reports where the witness sees the bigfoot make these sounds? I have yet to hear of one. Without some actual visual report of bigfoot making these noises, they really shouldn't be attributed to them.

antfoot I have always figured that if it is known for sure that bigfoot are currently in the area, however that is known, then it is ok to assume that such strange sounds are attributed to them, but not exactly professional in a scientific context to say that they are in fact made by sasquatches. Stuff like bird calls and whistles and things of that nature not so much(Apparently they can be about dead on with imitations), but some stuff just kinda doesn't fit with anything else. And yes some members on this very board have said they seen them talk. ;)

Xion, I don't agree that "knowing" bigfoot are in the area means we can attribute the sounds to them. Many birds are also capable of complicated sounds as are many humans. Right now there is no way to "know" there are actual bigfoot in the area. We don't even "know" there is a bigfoot.

Not that I have a problem with the notion of bigfoot having complex vocalizations or even speech. If they areclosely related to us they could have some of the early genetic conditions that led to language among humans.

antfoot , there is several reports of witnesses seeing them do this chatter both directly at humans and to other sasquatch.  I will dig up those reports out for you when I locate them.  One of the reports is one of my favorite reports.

Here is one of the noted reports and it is in my top favorites.

It will not let me post the link directly for some reason, I will post the general info to throw into a search engine so you can find it.

BFRO Report # 12959   Class A    Sightings by two hunters in tree stands outside Elkwater

• Upvote 1

Here is one of the noted reports and it is in my top favorites.

It will not let me post the link directly for some reason, I will post the general info to throw into a search engine so you can find it.

BFRO Report # 12959   Class A    Sightings by two hunters in tree stands outside Elkwater

That one was amazing man! Thanks!!

Worth reading this thread for that report alone, thanks Nathan. Please post any others you have noted. Plussed.

Wow, really interesting Nathan. Thanks for finding that one. This one seems to have all of the sounds associated with bigfoot stories. Something I'll keep in mind.