Noticed About Bigfoot Speech

Xion Comrade

Some of the recordings sound like John Belushi doing his Samurai Delicatessen Sketch...

Guest WesT

I am thinking of gluing a bunch of moss on the camera with just the lense opening not covered then somehow put it up too high for them to notice or reach.    I have to wait for the spring rains to stop because I don't want the camera wrecked   Randy

Hi Randy, or you can also take a page out of their book and use vines, that have very small leaves, to conceal the camera. It's natures two-way mirror. They can be found on cliff facings. Now go get that pic  :)

BFF Patron

WesT  Good tip.    Funny when I started doing research figured I would be having regular contact now and they might even let me see them.    Shows how little I knew then and how elusive they are.   Randy 

Guest WesT

They seem to go out of their way to stay anonymous. Can't much blame em though. I think you're on the right track wanting to conceal your trap camera.

BFF Patron

Xion I agree a bit on what you say from listening to Nelson himself at a conference.   I do grant that he is technically qualified to evaluate if something is language.     However at a conference I attended, when asked if listening to tapes we could learn that language, he said no.   To support your objection on his imitations,  he said you could have hundreds of hours of recording, and without face to face contact with the speaker and some sort of context to the speech,  you could never learn the language.     So the question in my mind at that point, is why attempt to speak an unknown language to an unseen speaker when you have absolutely no idea what you are saying?     You could be encouraging one of them to allow the other to eat you for all you know.   RR

I actually think you could rouse a better response from all sorts of wildlife by playing rainforest sounds from Malaysia and have just as good a chance of garnering curious squatches as trying to do power yells off a mountain pass. It is all about surprise, timing and setting up on the right land to avoid harassment of wildlife charges and tickets.

Tbh I think the only thing Nelson can do with any Chatter clips is go "Yeah, sounds like the same thing", or "Yeah, that sounds like talking", i've never seen him do anything anyone else couldn't do. People are to easily starstruck by credentials and education...Even when he tries to imitate what is being said it is just completely cringeworthy, his expertise doesn't give him any special abilities or make him an expert on anything sasquatch related. There are guys on this board who are actually going out into the field, being productive, and getting these things on tape, now THOSE are the guys that make me tip my hat!

"People are to easily starstruck by credentials and education"   Before seeing the dentist drill coming down, do you want to see credentials of the wall first?

Scott Nelson has spent years perfecting his craft and I've listened to him on Youtube several times. He comes off very knowledgeable so let's learn from him. Yes, some credentialed individuals lose their edge and may eventually have certification boards revoke their license. 

One part of the Sierra  Sounds where BF makes this 'science fiction weird vibration' is astounding. I guess as kids, we tried to make weird sounds on this level but it's hard to imitate.  

Eventually BF researchers or 'bigfoot whispers' will live with the BFs and the language will be interpreted. I sometimes wonder how long Osterman could have lived with the BFs?        

BFF Patron

I was thinking about this topic yesterday and it occurred to me that humans have been drawing pictures on cave walls, making pictographs,  glyphs,  primitive writings, more advanced writings, progressing up to modern times in a steady rate of progress.     I think the earliest cave drawings go back 60,000 years.    Once writing was developed, that rate of progress increased so that most human peoples have some sort of writing expressing their language.  Is it because of the way our brain has become wired with human development or is it controlled by the same brain center that enables speech?   But other than stick glyphs and rock stacks suspected to be made by BF, we see little evidence of similar BF progression in self expression or writing in the same period of time.    We would have found pictographs on rocks, drawings in caves, and attempts at writing that should be at least be suspected to be attributable to BF.    I am not aware of any of that.     If they had similar mental capabilities as humans we would have seen some progression there in the last 10,000 years when humans and BF have been together on this continent.   Perhaps the samurai speech, ape noises,  etc are not real speech but just that, ape noises expressing inner feelings.    Or they may be at the point where they are in the early stages of language and it is part vocalization and part primitive speech.  Who knows!    Certainly lack of progression means some limitation in mental capability or even that the myth about telepathy is true and they don't need to talk.    The lack of BF language with writing progress parallel to human development seems somehow significant to me.    Just what that significance is, I do not know.    RR

SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT , Interesting thoughts for sure.  I think it would be difficult to reach a point where something like that holds a strong significance for me being that we have no idea how many there where long ago or if we spread sicknesses within the species.

We are limited on reaching developmental answers because we have no idea how they developed let alone at what rate and what the determining factors where for that rate, this could be because we came along an threw our ,, environmental taker over monkey wrench ,, into the mix. 

I would pose the question, should we expect that our neighbor in competition { likely in the minority } would take the same paths as we did or did they do things a bit differently to occupy a different niche ?   We appear to have a corner on group structure and technology due to written language.

After all, scientists are finding that dolphins have a very complex language { some suggest even more so than ours } and there is nothing suggestive of written language { glyphs, signs or markings even } documented for dolphins. To me this would suggest that language is can develop without the advent or use of written language.

You have me thinking now, that is for sure. :D

BFF Patron

Nathan a good point about the dolphins.    But given their water environment, how could they write if they wanted to?     One of the science series discussed that about potential off earth life.      How it is possible to have intelligent species develop in some distant water covered planet, but it is very unlikely that they could ever develop technologically.     You cannot build the gadgets of technology in sea water.   Certainly some human primitive tribes do not have a written language.    These tribes compensate for that by having a expansive oral history.   Perhaps dolphins, whales and other intelligent sea animals have such oral histories.    BF may be like human tribes without written history but lack of other evidence of culture like pots, baskets, pictographs, use of fire,  tools and weapons is evidence to me that they are significantly different than humans.

There has to be significant difference between human and BF brain development otherwise over time, physical manifestations of similar capabilities would show up in tool use,  recording of thoughts,  and development of writing.     Simple weaving,  stick structures,  stick glyphs show some BF capabilities there but with the question of hybridization on the table, how can we know that is not evidence of their human genes rather than something that developed from within their species.    Human brain studies have shown that specific and sometimes small areas of our brain are where language,  creative thought, and all the many unique human abilities come from.    Most of this is discovered when a human gets a tumor or has an injury and some specific area of the brain is injured or destroyed.    I just think the evidence points to BF brains being significantly different than human.   RR

Oh, I agree, I am convinced that their mind operates significantly different than the modern humans brain, I was just pointing out that doubt should not be cast on the possibility of language simply because we do not see evidence of written language.   I will note that I am convinced that we are not dealing with something like Giganto.

I am of the line of thinking at this point that the sasquatch could be something related to the Neanderthal or maybe a species a bit lesser in sophistication { as we know it } that adapted to become larger and more environmentally reliant for operating in the colder northern climates as the species crossed into north America.   

JDL made the first mention { that I am aware of } of the possibility that Sasquatch is a form of ,, Mega Fauna-Hominid  ,, and this description fits the individual from my 09 sighting very well.

Don't overlook the fact that written language by humans is a recent development. We were without written language for a much, much longer period of time. 

If their hands lack a degree of dexterity, it would put writing, art, tool making, and tool using at a disadvantage.

BFF Patron

WSA it is true that written language is approx 4000 years old or so but cave drawings and pictographs go back to 30,000+  thousand years old.   Neanderthal are not even modern human species and they did cave drawings.    So for all that time before true writing, the human and near human urge to record things witnessed in life was being expressed in pictograph and true art form.    BF are different somehow than human and Neanderthal in that they do not feel the need or have the capability to express themselves that way.   At least we have not seen evidence of that.     I don't think dexterity is the issue because I have seen intricately woven objects made from vines attributed to BF. If you have big hands you just make bigger things but certainly with their big hands they are not likely candidates to be watchmakers.   But my theory is not evidence that they do not speak to each other, it just suggests that there are significant differences between BF and modern humans with regard to whatever part of the brain that stimulates creativity.     Beyond lack of writing, I think no evidence of fire use, and tool use like spears etc is also significant.    Meldrum attributes this to lack of culture but as I have asserted Meldrum's definition of culture is outdated and should more accurately be defined as physical culture.   Whales, dolphins, and elephants display evidence of language, customs, and society that is associated with culture but have no sign of physical culture like pots,  tools, etc.   So BF as we know it, can be lumped in with whales, dolphins and elephants who show no signs of physical culture but seem to have language and societal culture.      But BF is so reclusive who knows what they might have hidden in caves that blows my theories on this out of the water?      They might be more intelligent than some humans and know that graffiti on rocks and walls is proof of existence.     RR 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest lightheart

SWWASAS Good thoughts and plenty to ponder. One thing that occurs to me as well is that they may not have very good eyesight in daylight which would tend to make them less visual in their frame of reference. Writing and reading rely heavily on the sense of sight. 

In my opinion the stick structures represent something and some of the symbols have been found on cave walls around the world including the x and the x with a horizontal line through it. It means something to them but at this point who knows what? They may represent very simple concepts and again could contain more depth of information than we would presume. Cracking this part of the mystery could reveal a great deal about how well their brains are developed and as you say what parts of the brain is involved. At this point unfortunately no one knows if it is indeed some sort of writing or not. 

SWWA - Good points!        Quote:  "If you have big hands you just make bigger things...."

We humans generally judge all other species' levels of "intelligence" comparatively...perhaps we don't recognize things because of that tendency. Forms of expression, how ever simplex or complex,...may be intended to be "understood" only by a select minority.

If a bear claws a tree to record or "make its mark"...essentially,..to "communicate"...then couldn't we consider an uprooted tree that has been stuffed back into the ground,( top-first )....as a record of communication or even an "expression"?