Noticed About Bigfoot Speech

Xion Comrade

BFF Patron

With all due respect to Tom,    his interpretation may indeed be correct, but it would be a hard argument without some supporting evidence.   He may have that evidence as he has had a lot of interaction with BF.     We hear a lot of subjective interpretation about the meaning of tree breaks, bend overs,  rock stacks, and even these stick glyphs.     The problem is that one can run with herd on the current belief and be dead wrong.    Supporting evidence is always comforting and does provide a good argument to support a theory.    But for most of this stuff there is little evidence to support any theory as to meaning.    Randy

• Upvote 1

Randy

Was any of the deer carcass already eaten? Were you able to tell how fresh it was? Did you take any of it?

Thanks

^Also, any indication on how the deer was killed? Severely twisted neck or broken/twisted leg often reported with BF kills?

As for it being a warning, perhaps. Certainly feels a lot like a gift, almost like a big house cat leaving the world's largest mouse at your door. However, when you wake up with a severed deer head next to you in bed, watch out.

GK

BFF Patron

Good one Gotta Know.   I am glad I do not live any closer to my research area as I really don't want to worry about the head on the pillow.      I took it as more a warning than a gift since it was placed there after one did the chest beating intimidation thing at the same location a couple of weeks before.    It was pretty well picked over by scavengers in a manner that would be unlikely to have been eaten by a BF.        The legs were several dozen yards away back in the wood line and broken off, not chewed off.       Of course I don't know what killed or left the carcass but it seems unlikely that a coyote would leave cover where the legs were,  carry the carcass around to the drivers side of the truck which was on the other side of the truck, away from available cover then leave it by the drivers door of my truck parked on a fairly busy county road.    I could not find the skull or any evidence of entrails.   I searched the whole area.  Not sure if I should post a picture as it is of course pretty grisly.    Because of the road it could indeed have been road kill  but most scavengers would drag a carcass away from a road into the woods where the legs were not nearly into it.     Just one of those things I can never be sure about what really happened.    I have several of them to contemplate.      Randy

Great thread.

I wonder if the deer carcass was a kind of apology for possibly frightening you, Randy -- either that, or just a plain old gift, like GK said. I don't think BF use dead animals as warnings. Dead animals are food; that is, a good thing. If they want to express displeasure with you being somewhere, they do things like put obstacles in your path. (I once saw a log across a path AND a big rock placed right next to the log, in the middle of the path. Hard to mistake the meaning of that...) Or they might vocalize, of course.   :)

Even the infrasound thing is not always what it seems, I think. I've heard they don't know their own strength sometimes, and may sometimes not calibrate things quite right, causing pain without ever having intended to. I thought your story about the day you and a BF kind of "talked" together -- you with words, if I remember correctly, and he (or she) with infrasound -- was really, really interesting. I think you implied you felt there was something playful going on that day, and I'm sure you were right about that. 

I also think Thom Cantrall knows his stuff. (I'm so glad you have him to consult with.) If he says the BF in your area like you, I would have confidence in that.... Here's an interview he did with Alex Midnight Walker a few weeks ago. In there somewhere he talks about the work he and some others have been doing on the stick writing/glyph thing (among many other things).

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/midnightwalkers/2014/04/17/thom-cantrall--washington-author

Edited by LeafTalker

BFF Patron

Leaftalker:  Intent is very hard to determine in the case of a lot of what BF does.     Other possibilities are that I have been observed by them examining deer carcasses.      So maybe they think I am interested in any they would provide.   

I think the first IS blast was the strongest from my memory of the event.     I got hit about 4 or 5 times.   If I had not been moving I would know exactly how many.    The first one scared me so bad I did not stop moving so only the ones where I was still and not making pack and footstep noises were evident on the recording.     So they do seem to fire for effect so to speak.    Since adequate cover to hide a large BF was not within more than 20 or 30 yards distance,  for them to measure out a dose of IS suitable for the distance would suggest a fair amount of intelligence.      Honestly as strong as it was, if it was within 10 yards,  I think it might be capable of inflicting internal injury.    My gut sure hurt the rest of the day.       Sudden internal injuries would certainly put any prey into shock and make it easy pickings.     But thinking about it the producer of such a strong sound would be subject to the same injuries.    So maybe that would prevent something strong enough to injure prey.     I said something to the effect of "Hey that was really interesting what you just did to me but you scared me pretty badly.     Would you not do that any more!"   Then I went into how sad I was that their forest was being clear cut in the area.      I should for posterity write out a transcript of what I said at the time.       It could have understood everything I said or not one word.  I have no way of knowing.   

Unlike some notables, Tom Cantrell will answer emails.    We arranged for me to send pictures of what stick glyphs I had found to him for his collection.    In particular he and the guy in BC (I have forgotten his name)  that was with him in his display area were interested in the one I found that had been placed on the stump when I was present.      With context he can evaluate what is being expressed.      I am sure if anyone else has something similar he would be interested in getting a picture too.      It is good that someone is collecting glyph pictures from all over.    It will take that and context to start to make any sense of it.   I was thinking last night there is way too much keeping discovery to yourself in BF research.    When notables blow off unknowns just because they don't recognize your name,  it seems to me that research progress and collection of data is very hampered because of just that attitude.           Randy  

Leaftalker:  Intent is very hard to determine in the case of a lot of what BF does.     Other possibilities are that I have been observed by them examining deer carcasses.      So maybe they think I am interested in any they would provide.   

I agree, intent can be hard to determine. But they're usually a lot clearer when they're displeased. So if you're not sure about a sign you receive, that's a good thing! At least you know they're not upset. And I agree, it's very possible the deer was offered to you because they saw you looking at other deer carcasses. When I first became interested in BF, I did a few day hikes in the woods with a friend, and we stopped walking a few times -- at least 3, and maybe as many as 5 -- to look at mushrooms. So the first gift I got was a mushroom. So I agree, it's very possible they were giving you something they thought they already knew you'd like.  :) But whatever it was that actually inspired them to leave that deer for you, I think you would be safe in presuming they intended no harm by it. 

I think the first IS blast was the strongest from my memory of the event.     I got hit about 4 or 5 times.   If I had not been moving I would know exactly how many.    The first one scared me so bad I did not stop moving so only the ones where I was still and not making pack and footstep noises were evident on the recording.     So they do seem to fire for effect so to speak.    Since adequate cover to hide a large BF was not within more than 20 or 30 yards distance,  for them to measure out a dose of IS suitable for the distance would suggest a fair amount of intelligence.      Honestly as strong as it was, if it was within 10 yards,  I think it might be capable of inflicting internal injury.    My gut sure hurt the rest of the day.       Sudden internal injuries would certainly put any prey into shock and make it easy pickings.     But thinking about it the producer of such a strong sound would be subject to the same injuries.    So maybe that would prevent something strong enough to injure prey.     I said something to the effect of "Hey that was really interesting what you just did to me but you scared me pretty badly.     Would you not do that any more!"   Then I went into how sad I was that their forest was being clear cut in the area.      I should for posterity write out a transcript of what I said at the time.       It could have understood everything I said or not one word.  I have no way of knowing.   

I believe they understand every word. But anyway, the way you responded to them sounds perfect. You told them one of their behaviors was causing you discomfort, and asked them (politely) to stop, and then went on to express empathy for what they might be going through. No wonder they like you.   :)

Unlike some notables, Tom Cantrell will answer emails.    We arranged for me to send pictures of what stick glyphs I had found to him for his collection.    In particular he and the guy in BC (I have forgotten his name)  that was with him in his display area were interested in the one I found that had been placed on the stump when I was present.      With context he can evaluate what is being expressed.      I am sure if anyone else has something similar he would be interested in getting a picture too.      It is good that someone is collecting glyph pictures from all over.    

Thom has mad, mad skills, and he's a nice guy, too. I'm glad you have someone like that to share with. Makes a good thing even better!