This Is A Neanderthal.

Guest Stan Norton

Thank goodness I use scissors for my nasal hair. I suppose I could let it grow and become a toothbrush moustache.

Edited by the parkie

I agree that take away power, gas, and other modern utilities and most humans would not survive.     Some national disaster like a supervolcano eruption would probably kill most of us and BF would have a better chance for survival because they do that now on a daily basis without reliance on our technology.  .        Whales and animals are a good example of powerful sapient creatures that are well suited for their environment and can survive in the wild without technology but mankind has all but killed them to extinction with technology.     In many ways we are doing the same thing to BF with taking away their habitat and shooting them now and then.     Unless man is taken out of the equation, extinction of BF is probably inevitable.     We seem to habit of doing that to species we encounter like the Neanderthal.       So I think a lot of evidence points to that being the eventual fate of BF too, especially since it is not recognized by science and has no protection of law working for it.       

We've never even seen a dead one.  They could be doing perfectly fine for all we know. 

BFF Patron

I would not expect the electronics in airliners to be fried as they are shielded and protected from lightning but smaller aircraft would have problems.     Vehicles in parking garages etc would have some shielding and might remain operable but the roads would be clogged with zapped vehicles.      Just the metal hoods of cars provide some shielding depending on where the critical electronics are located.    The power grid is for the most part unshielded and constitutes a giant antenna that would pick up the EMP pulse.   I would expect that to go down for a very long time.     The terrorist would have to have access to an ICBM to get a weapon high enough to make wide spread effects.   That limits who could do it.  

Outdoorsman and experienced campers would fare better than most with one of these wide spread disasters.      Probably a good argument to use with spouses when you want to justify more camping gear.     Just need to have a lot of food in long term storage, a supply of water, and some sort of heat that does not require electricity for the winter months.     If you have a river near by you can always haul water and boil it as I plan to do.    Anyone that expects the government to do much of anything in a regional disaster only needs to look at some of the hurricane responses by FEMA to know that you cannot expect enough soon enough from the government.      The most likely regional natural disasters are massive sub abduction earthquakes on the Pacific coast,  a super-volcano eruption of the Yellowstone Volcano,  a eruption of the Mammoth area super volcano in California, and the New Madrid fault quake in the mid South.   .      Anything East of those volcanoes are at great danger from ash fall that would carry all the way to the East Coast.    These super volcanos are capable of affecting the climate globally as the ash would carry around the earth.    There is evidence on the coast of Washington of a 300 ft tsunami hundreds of years ago, most likely from a massive quake off shore.    So those that like to worry at night have much to think about.      Randy    

You're up to speed.

The scenario that we're on alert for is an IRBM from a maritime platform.  Or a rogue airliner re-purposed as a delivery system.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Let's see an IRBM verses an ICBM..............what's the r stand for? Now that I know what to watch out for, I feel more prepared.................yeah right.

Don't worry about the terrorist, since the Chinese are going to take care of those jokers along with their oil wells. Let's hope we have electric cars or hydrogen ones after we harness fusion. Otherwise, we may be nesting with BF.

BFF Patron

Of course those in the big cities best be prepared for the gangs of roving looters that follow any disaster.    Maybe I will go out in the woods and hope BF really does like me.    Not sure I could get use to raw venison though.   Randy

Venison is served best rare.

I'd bet you'd like it with a few wild onions, some cattail stalks, and bit of dandilion green.

If that does happen.......I can't help but think that if,....for whatever reason,...our society - as we know it -  collapses,...and lawlessness prevails for however long it may....and untold numbers of "hairless ones" flee to the "relative" safety of un-populated areas of the country;....the "hairy ones" will step up their adaptations....maybe change to more aggressive interaction,....when their food sources potentially receive additional pressure from so many starving hairless ones. I can just hear it now....(in Samurai Chatter)... "There goes the neighborhood".....or.... "Dang Neanderthals..."

Raw venison does taste better than rice cakes or tofu (IMO)............especially with the soy sauce ...(better stock up)

You're up to speed.

The scenario that we're on alert for is an IRBM from a maritime platform.  Or a rogue airliner re-purposed as a delivery system.

Such as one that is probably sitting on the ground in one of the "stan" countries that people keep looking for in the Indian Ocean? :onthequiet:

Venison is served best rare.

I'd bet you'd like it with a few wild onions, some cattail stalks, and bit of dandilion green.

I suggest a side of Buck's beans with onion.

If that does happen.......I can't help but think that if,....for whatever reason,...our society - as we know it -  collapses,...and lawlessness prevails for however long it may....and untold numbers of "hairless ones" flee to the "relative" safety of un-populated areas of the country;....the "hairy ones" will step up their adaptations....maybe change to more aggressive interaction,....when their food sources potentially receive additional pressure from so many starving hairless ones. I can just hear it now....(in Samurai Chatter)... "There goes the neighborhood".....or.... "Dang Neanderthals..."

Raw venison does taste better than rice cakes or tofu (IMO)............especially with the soy sauce ...(better stock up)

Just as long as it was taken during the dark of the moon & not run by dogs.

Edited by Yuchi1

Such as one that is probably sitting on the ground in one of the "stan" countries that people keep looking for in the Indian Ocean? :onthequiet:

Uh huh.