How Sure Are You?

TedSallis

Been back there many times in the past 3 years or so. I should have went back the next time I was able to spend time at my property, but it took me a few years to actually go look for the exact spot. When I did, they had clear cut right up to the edge where I found the skeletons. Some of the tops the loggers left were piled over where I thought the deer skeletons were, but only a few yards away, the cut ended and that was where I found the jawbone. I never did find that specific jaw, but right in the same small area, I found 2 fresh leg bones (I think that's what they were) that were cracked from probably a wolf or coyote feeding on them. Closely, there is a round sunken area about 15 yards diameter and that's where I found much older bones.....a coyote skull and some other ones I couldn't identify, but were small and not unusual. It was strange to find so many bones in one smaller area and by the looks of them, some had been there for quite a while. I posted pictures of the area a long time ago here and I may still have the pics of the smaller bones and skull somewhere. I believe posting those pictures (I used a link to a web hosting service) was what someone used to find that area. It was just way too much of a coincidence. I have no idea who it was but someone either recognized it (far fetched) or had the resources to find it (more likely).

If I would have come across those skeletons in the springtime and they were complete, I would be certain that starvation was what happened to them. That's what it looked like to me and that happens quite often in the area of the UP where my property is located. The deer get trapped by deep snow and starve. That should give you an idea of what it looked like, but no heads and the bones not moved except one of them and also this was early/mid October. It is always going to be a puzzle to me.

• 1 month later...

I am probably at 99%. I have not seen one but have had a couple of strange experiences while hunting when I was

younger, but I cannot in good faith attribute those experiences as being a BF. I have no idea what it was but I would

be lying if I said that I don't have any suspicions. That final percentage point will fall into place when they are finally

proven to exist by the scientific community. This is definitely an interesting thread that you have posted Ted, even

though it drifted over to the shoulder of the road a few times.

Edited by Wingman1
  • Upvote 1

100% 

Seen it once, heard it howl twice in the same setting one right after another, hear knocks all the time in certain seasons.

Will be rolling tape on it Friday when I get my recorder!  Hopefully we hear it like I have been recently. 

sheri

I am sure there is a way to post digital pictures without the location embedded in them, but I am not very good with that kind of stuff. Once you are sure you are just posting the picture and nothing else, that shouldn't be a problem for anyone concerned with privacy.

Yes ,it is called scanning your photo on a scanner so that this info will not be on the image edit format. Not sure why people have such a hard time posting photo's of these creatures. The few photo's I have posted that were not clear and yes there was one that was one that was but was said to be that of foliage. But in the photo you can clearly see that it looks like a small ape. People need to get over this fear of being ridicule or what ever it is that they have a problem with showing what these creatures look like. People need to show that they are not what people believe they are,which is ape. That they are some form of undiscovered primitive man or human.That the only way that people are going to know this is through clear photographs that people have taken of them. They need to get over the fear or any deal that they have made with them and show the world how real they are.This openness is the true meaning of their existence from their world to ours.

"This openness is the true meaning of their existence from their world to ours."

Wow! Shadowborn, that is a wonderful, SUPER interesting comment. Can you say more about this? I'm sure you've talked about this before, but I'm not recalling exactly when, or what you said, and I would love to hear more.

I do not believe they exist. I have always been fascinated by the subject as well as other mysterious subjects.  I want them to exist .I do like to read ,study and look at videos. I enjoy the shows and documentaries. I enjoy the eyewitness accounts. Not here to ridicule or offend. It is not logical to have apemen all over the country and many parts of the world and not be documented. So, I may dismiss  the foot prints, personal accounts and most of the footage.  I am on the no fossil record and no specimen bandwagon,but that does not deter my interest.

5  Percent over all. This due to  research and my own studies of PGF.

• Upvote 1

"This openness is the true meaning of their existence from their world to ours."

Wow! Shadowborn, that is a wonderful, SUPER interesting comment. Can you say more about this? I'm sure you've talked about this before, but I'm not recalling exactly when, or what you said, and I would love to hear more.

Oh yeah, I plussed that one.  Right on Shadowborn and LeafTalker.  That's hitting the nail on the head with a Hammer!  :)

That's how I feel anyway.  We could start a whole thread about that comment.  Great pick LeafTalker.  I miss a lot but glad to catch that one. 

Bravo.  Very cool.

Thanks,

Hammer

I do not believe they exist. I have always been fascinated by the subject as well as other mysterious subjects.  I want them to exist .I do like to read ,study and look at videos. I enjoy the shows and documentaries. I enjoy the eyewitness accounts. Not here to ridicule or offend. It is not logical to have apemen all over the country and many parts of the world and not be documented. So, I may dismiss  the foot prints, personal accounts and most of the footage.  I am on the no fossil record and no specimen bandwagon,but that does not deter my interest.

5  Percent over all. This due to  research and my own studies of PGF.

I'm pretty well with you on this one.  Misidentification, unreliable witnesses and the "fringe" crowd pretty well substantiate your thoughts.

t.

• Upvote 1

Would you get on a plane that landed safely 95% of the time?

Or how about a doctor that misdiagnosed 5% of the time?

Care to revisit your % assuredness?

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

100%.  A clear sighting turns all the other stuff ... track casts, witness testimony, the PGF, etc ... into minor supporting cast.   Those things are interesting, expand my understanding, etc but they are not the basis for my certainty.  

The only way BF can possibly be not real is if none of this is real.  If you are all a figment of some sort of delusion, maybe a side effect of some drugs that have me in a coma somewhere.   They're as real as you are.  That's something you can, and I do, bank on.

MIB

I plussed you on that one MIB.  Well said. 

My encounter is posted in the Mid-Atlantic section titled "My encounter in NC". I was very close to this creature, less than 20 ft away from it. The combination of it's behavior, and my instinctual response leaves no doubt as far as it's capability, intentions, and abilities. These creatures have a very powerful "presence".I can't speak about people seeing them from a distance, but, when you get that close to one, the situation becomes absolutely clear. It is a very primal situation, there is no mistaking who is in control, and who is not. This thing made me feel like a piece of meat, like a rabbit, or a deer. These creatures are not gorillas, they hunt and kill for a living.

That sounds like my Salt Fork experience!  Loved your description.  Right on.. 

I felt small, and vulnerable.  Had a brave ex-Army MP with me, he was digging it.  I sort of lost it.  Didn't run, but where could I run?  They were all around us.  He saw it in his night vision.  It was all I could do to keep my hands from shaking as I texted my BFRO investigators to come rescue me.  They were there in 15 minutes and diffused the situation.  I was nearly frozen on my carpet sample pad, still with two green lights of some sort staring right at me the whole entire time.  Heard it moving first in front of us, then next to us, then behind us, but I couldn't see anything.  When my friend sitting next to me told me that he just saw half a head, a shoulder and an arm in his night vision scope thing, I had enough.  I flipped on my head lamp and he yelled at me to turn it off.  I refused.  It was all I had to keep me alive at that point.  Actually, I don't know if they would kill me or whatever, but this little rabbit was scared out of her wits!  I still shudder thinking about it.  Your description ttmatt brought it back for me.  Yeah, I wasn't in charge AT ALL!

I plussed you on that one. 

Edited by Hammer102492

My experience has two phases...a visual at night of a young Bigfoot and an aural encounter the next morning.

There are times I start to talk myself out of the visual and start to believe my mind is "filling in the blanks" of what I think I saw.

There is one thing that no human can change my mind about, however, and that's the sound that was directed at me the next morning. The volume and frequency was far beyond human and far beyond what any technology existed in my area at the time.

I am a believer.

Having said this, I will tell you there is one group of folks amongst Bigfooters that drive me nuts and often cause me to distance myself for periods of times. It's the folks that say they are in possession of photos/videos so clear and unmistakable as to leave no doubt yet they "can't" share them.

It's like a scientist watching a group of his peers struggle over the cure for cancer and then saying, "my family cured cancer years ago but I promised my grandfather I wouldn't share the secret because he didn't want the attention."

Sorry for the minor rant, I don't mean to offend or single anyone out....just frustrated.

Another compelling post.  BFF is still letting me plus, so I plussed this one.

Briefly, I can totally relate to the seeing vs. hearing thing.

Saw it jump across the back road I was on, but then two weeks later, my brother called it twice and what came back twice, I will never forget as long as I live.  That solidified it for me.

And yes, I understand what you are saying about people not sharing. I can't judge them for their particular situations, but for me, I want to shout it from the roof tops and seek answers from people that understand what may be going on.  I have shared everything I have, and as of a few weeks ago, got a recorder and that has opened up an interesting door.  I have posted anything interesting that I recorded, from cool wildlife, to clips that are TBD.

But yeah, hearing it had a way bigger impact on me than seeing it for a brief moment.  I remember trying to figure out what I saw and after a few days, typing into Google, "Ohio Bigfoot"  just to see if anyone else had ever seen one in Ohio.  Laughing.  Here I am a year and 4 months later and I have learned A LOT!

Hearing it two weeks later killed me though.  When the second howl came back, it sounded mad.  And I wasn't the one that called it!  Nice to be with someone else when that kind of thing happens.  It was like that old Memorex ? cassette tape poster with the guy in the chair in front of a speaker with his hair being blown back?  I had to get out of my camp chair and sit on the ground just to absorb the energy flowing through my entire body. I had tears coming out of my eyes and I was giggling uncontrollably.  "SEE!  I'm not crazy!" I told my brother-in-law.  "I DID see a Sasquatch and you just heard it.  Nice job calling it bro."  It was an awesome experience.  The first was a screech like I have since heard Cliff do on FBF.  Bro put it up there and and came back similarly.  The second one Bro decided to do it again because we were like, "Did we just hear that?"  So he threw up another screech, (he did well with the call), and what came back just buried us!  It started with the screech, went into a howl, then a low growl type of sound like it was emptying its lungs, then trailed off in the distance.  It sounded totally inhuman and unlike anything that I have heard in 14 years of sitting outside until all hours of the night.  Blew us away.  By the way, it was 35 degrees out at 0130, in a rural area and our somewhat distant neighbors were not out.  It was a Squatch, 100% no doubt. 

• Upvote 1