How Sure Are You?

TedSallis

I've often thought that most self proclaimed skeptics aren't even really skeptics if they told the truth about it.

Ditto.

I suspect most are AFRAID and trying to "make it all go away" by getting others to agree that there was nothing, too.   ... because, of course (sarcasm here), the truth is decided by popular opinion, not decided by rigorous testing.

Then, step two, when they're wrong, they will have more company and can hide behind "all these other people were wrong, too."

The psychology of all this is really interesting.

MIB

Squatchy, More to bigfootery than bigfoot ? like what ? There are a lot of us i'm sure besides me who would like to know. Because it makes no sense.

I hope every day the **** thing is real and will be proven.

I just don't think it is judging by everything I've come across. Fear isn't really part of my equation.

Squatchy, More to bigfootery than bigfoot ? like what ? There are a lot of us i'm sure besides me who would like to know. Because it makes no sense.

This question has been asked and answered many times. Perhaps you may want to use the search function. Or you could just continue to judge people while acting puzzled.

Sheri, not turn your back on but allowing others to live their life and not try to control or live their life for them.

Aww. That i agree with David.

Well dmaker, I wasn't talking to you or asking you. I was talking to squatchy. What is with you people talking for him ?

I responded because I am also a skeptic on this site and I have had that question put to me many, many times. You have stated that you do not understand the behavior. What more would you like to add to that?

Thankfully participation on this board is not subject to your behavioral analysis or understanding.

Lol, I wasn't asking you dmaker. It's that simple. Unless  you can read his mind or his thought's ?  Know exactly why he is here ?  Your a puppet master and he's one of your puppets. LOl

Edited by sheri

It's a message board. If you want to keep a question private, then use PM. Otherwise, others are likely to chime in.

• Upvote 1

Well dmaker, I wasn't talking to you or asking you. I was talking to squatchy. What is with you people talking for him ?

Are we stepping on toes, Sheri?

When people start getting all defensive although nobody is talking to them, it kind of makes you go "Hmmmm", doesn't it?

To chime in is one thing. Answering a question posed to some else, well that's another. Says a whole lot.

It sure does Sasfooty.

Perhaps you could spare the rest of us your thoughts on what it says and the thread can get back on topic now?

sheri, the history of the phenomenon; the colourful characters (Dahinden, Patterson, Titmus, etc...); documented and confirmed hoaxes like SnowWalker and Elbe; there's the DNA that NEVER comes back unidentified homind/bigfoot; the whole PGF backstory; the complete lack of a body or even part of one; these are all related to the topic of bigfoot. 

These are but a few of the reasons I'm allowed to have an opinion on Bigfoot.

It might make no sense to you, and that's cool.

This forum would be a very boring place if everyone agreed with everyone else all the time.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

Really, when will you spare us your's ? LOL, and since when do you care about staying on topic ?  If you don't like the question's i am asking Squatchy then just ignore them. Why answer for him ?

Because since it was not a PM, I figured it was a question free for anyone to answer. And after several times of you saying that you don't understand the behavior, I thought it might help to remind you of the search function where you could find responses to that question from myself and other skeptical members. That is, or course, if understanding was your goal and not simply an avenue to state over and over again how odd you find skeptical participation here. 

I wasn't answering for him. I never once offered a reason why he may participate on this board. All I did was try to get you to stop repeating how you don't understand it. 

Edited by dmaker