Shrinking Bigfoot Habitat........can We Stop The Trend?

georgerm

Guest Darrell

You've blasted the rest out of the lower 48 and pushed them to the very tip of the Continent..

Ya we did that with the British back in the late 1700's, guess that worked for us didnt it? All kidding aside, IF there is even such thing as a bigfoot, how does anyone know if tthe species, if it exists, is even threatend or could be threatend by deforestation?

Hello Darrel,

I might be stating the obvious but being hairy in the noonday sun could get a wee bit warm. But then it would be true for any animal who isn't nocturnal or crepuscular that couldn't find shade. Large pockets of forest tend to keep the heat of open terrain more to the perimeters where the heat might creep in a mile or two until it's tempered under the canopy. Transpiration as a great mechanism for this.

Rapid increases in deer populations are nothing to be pleased about. Habitat integrity (structural mostly) will undoubtedly suffer due to the fact that, as you inadvertently point out, predator populations are only just recovering from hitting all time lows not only in North America but globally. 

Seeing as nobody has the foggiest how many sasquatch are alive there is no possible way of assessing their population status. If however we take a look at analogous species across the globe we can postulate that they may not be having a great time. Threatened? Who knows? Thriving? Doubtful.

I've never seen a weak, emaciated squatch, and don't ever recall such a characterization in any report.  Some that suffered from physical injury, yes, but not from apparent disease or malnutrition.

In fact, each that I have seen appeared to be robust, in great health, and in full mastery of their environment, which included high desert without trees.  An apparent travel route through Northwestern Nevada on a line between Lake Tahoe, and Southern Idaho.  A family group would take up residence each summer in the hills near our development and stay for up to a month at a time.  Why there?  There was an open water source.  There's plenty to eat in the form of small animals, certain plants, what they could scavenge from the development, and even a cicada hatch one year.  They're not as picky as people like to think.

The photo was taken at Merritt Reservoir. Sorry I didn't make that more clear, previously.

No problem and thanks to Google street view I can be there at the dam looking down at the Snake River valley leading out of it

post-1911-0-16970000-1407343509_thumb.jp

Guest lightheart

JDL IMHO bugs are actually part of their daily diet.

I think that is why they strip the pine bark off of fallen trees one section at a time. I am speculating that they do something with the inner layer either eat it (they sell the bark in the form of pycnogenol in health food stores) or rub it on them to keep off bugs. When I peeled back a strip just to determine what else hey could be eating several large bugs scurried out from underneath. I also think they eat tiny fiddler crabs. I have continuouslly been finding sticks with a nub on one end pushed down into the sandy soil. I have been puzzled over this for months. I think they might be using the stick to pin the crab in its hole and maybe disable it and then extract and eat it. Instant tapas.....

The Bossburg tracks show skew foot a birth defect.

I don't think it's realistic to believe that an entire population of a certain animal are all gonna be perfect specimens.

Oh I don't know... we could just watch them die of CWD from lack of management too.

You don't manage BF, BF manage you!

Sorry :)

SSR Team

Ya we did that with the British back in the late 1700's, guess that worked for us didnt it?

Edit : For harmony's sake..

Edited by BobbyO

I've never seen a weak, emaciated squatch, and don't ever recall such a characterization in any report.  Some that suffered from physical injury, yes, but not from apparent disease or malnutrition.

I recall James "Bobo" Fey saying the first one he saw being very "skinny".

SSR Team

I've read reports that describe skinny ones and I'd have to dig deep in the memory but I also recall reports describing what was thought to be "under nourished " or words to that effect.

Ya we did that with the British back in the late 1700's, guess that worked for us didnt it? All kidding aside, IF there is even such thing as a bigfoot, how does anyone know if tthe species, if it exists, is even threatend or could be threatend by deforestation?

Yah.....,and then they came backin 1812 and burned the Capitol down. Believe it or not? This is still a Canadian bragging point!

I think we should claim revenge and annex BC! Most beautiful place on earth! :)

BFF Patron

Many of the reported teenage size BF sightings characterize them as skinny.     At some point the parents probably stop feeding them and have them fend for themselves.   Human parents should do more of that.      Until BF are full grown they might not have the speed to run down a deer and have to eat vegetation and smaller animals.   

SSR Team

Yah.....,and then they came backin 1812 and burned the Capitol down. Believe it or not? This is still a Canadian bragging point!

I think we should claim revenge and annex BC! Most beautiful place on earth! :)

Yeah, you'll be able to find some of those Grizzlies there too..;)

Edited by BobbyO

I am pushing through the cobwebs of what is loosely called my memory here, but I think I read a report

a report on the BFRO or possibly the Bigfoot Encounters website where someone reported seeing what

they described as being an old looking, somewhat mangy, and emaciated BF. I don't remember where the

report originated or by who, I was just a little surprised at the description given by the witness. I have not

read any other reports lately that match that description. I have a feeling they saw a very old one that

was not able to hunt the bigger game any more and was more than likely on his way to BF Heaven!

That would have been a sad thing to see. It would have been a great thing if whoever saw it had the time

to follow it as it may have possibly been making the journey to a place where they go to pass on. Hey, who

knows! The best part is BINGO!!!! there would be a body with no killing no mess. Death from natural causes

and then everyone is happy! ****! there I go with that semi-lucid dreaming again!!!! All kidding aside though,

it would be one hell of a great find!