Shrinking Bigfoot Habitat........can We Stop The Trend?

georgerm

BFF Patron

Bobby O that post pretty much confirms what I was saying.   If they crouch and freeze and do not move, their coloring is so stump like, that the human brain would just assume stump.    I would be willing to bet that there are hundreds of sightings a year where the BF are not recognized for what it is just because they know how effective freezing is.  What they may not know is if they got down on all fours, then the human just assumes bear if they are detected through sound or movement.       They have had 10s of thousands of years to practice their craft of avoidance.   The one picture I do have is when a juvenile peeked up from its crouch over some ferns to look at me.   Mama was more disciplined and was not tempted.    I always wonder if junior was scolded after that encounter for violating protocal. 

Taking into account the comments made in this forum, I wanted to bring in some statistics to offset some of the statements being made about overpopulation, the need for population reduction, Sasquatch habitat problems theory, and some other things. No offense intended at all, the info is out there and I'm a statistics girl. So here goes

According to the Forestry Service, 31% of Ohio is covered in forest.  

8.1 MILLION acres are forested. that's 12,500 square miles.

Over 200 National parks, preserves, memorials, wildlife areas.

The Army Corps of Engineers, Department of interior, Department of agriculture, EPA, BLM and a myriad of other agencies oversee State owned land, wildlife and fish concerns.

Two counties in Ohio are over 70% forest, Vinton and Lawrence. 

Wayne National Forest in southern Ohio consists of over 236,000 acres of Protected FOREST. 

Ohio has 20 state forests, exceeding 191,000 acres, spanning 21 counties. Not to mention, Ohio borders a few other heavily forested states = plenty of habitat!

Over 6 Million acres of forest in Ohio is privately owned. 

Part of Ohio is flat plains. Not naturally forested.

The Census bureau statistics also state that only 5.6% of America's total land is inhabited. 

I don't believe that Sasquatch are being squeezed out of Ohio. Ohio ranks 10th in the US in population due in part to it being centrally located and a lot of shipping routes which have to move through the state. Traditionally there has been high employment/good paying jobs to be had in Ohio. No longer true. According to the Brookings Institute, the population of Ohio is actually shrinking.

The United States is third in land mass in the world behind Russia and Canada.  In 2013 There were 83 people per square mile, average, in the US. 

In 2013, Ohio had 11,570,808 Ohioans. Over 9.5 million of them lived in the top 7 populated cities and their metro areas. (Wikipedia)  BUT the smaller towns take large chunks out of that left over 2+ mil.

Incidentally, the United States birth rate is average 2 kids per household. No where near most middle eastern countries which average 5 and 6 kids per.

Every person in the world, all 7+ billion could live in an area the size of Texas. Uncomfortable to imagine, but there that is. I've been studying the subject of Sasquatch for 20+ years, Read a thousand+ reports, talked to a lot of people about it. I'm not under the impression that this species is experiencing a failure to thrive. They continue to live and eat and give birth. There are enough of them that the Government has to cull them every so often in certain areas. Tells me they can be a nuisance.

Point being, there are many millions of acres of deep thick forests and habitats in Ohio for "whatever" to survive in out there. In 2012 the estimated deer population in OH alone was 750,000. Not to mention the innumerable other species, and plant life. Plenty of food.

Humans are the only species on earth that can improve the environment. I don't agree with the animals over people position. India and especially China, which has 3.5 times the population of the US, need to address population impacts and concerns. The US and, more specifically, Ohio are not *that* overpopulated.

The USA had 227 million people in Jyly of 1980 and the population grew to 316 million people in July of 2013. When is enough..........enough? The bottom line is as the population grows the pristine forest areas shrink since land is cleared for developments and farms. In addition more logging is required which produces more lumber for more homes. more......more......when is enough....enough? Did you know tons of herbacides are sprayed on newly planted Oregon clear cuts each year to kill unwanted tree species? This should be done by giving people jobs in the forest. What is the effect of herbacides on animals, and our water? Does it break down into harmless elements?

As population grows, each new person needs consumer goods which takes more industrial plants that usually degrade the environment, which in return reduces habitats for bigfoots and other animals. With population reduction we can maintain our natural habitats and have a healthy human population. Why do you suppose no one runs for president calling for population reductions?

Why do you suppose no one runs for president calling for population reductions?

:lol:

Because it's ridiculous. 

Edited by will

i'd be interested in hearing more about the culling of BF populations mentioned earlier (and sources of such info) please.

SSR Team

There are various interviews with people who suggest such a thing on the Sasquatch Chronicles Talkshow Doc.

Off the top of my head there is one in a recent ( ish ) episode called "Deathbed confessions" or something like that.

It was in the Dakota's if my memory serves me right.

I won't completely dismiss it personally as complete hogwash as I completely believe that the powers that be are fully aware of their existence.

regarding culling, I hadn't heard much in that way of stories, so I find it interesting, ill have to look into those STC items if I can find them, thanks bobby.

......  I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least knowledge by the powers that be, but  it figures, if there was a cover up by them, that  would be the one thing they'd get right ;)

:)Lightheart, hello! Sure. The culling information can be heard confirmed on an interview given on Sasquatch Chronicles Episode 45. You may guffaw, I tend to believe it. The Government knows everything about everything. They deny the existence of, yet we here believe/ know, and some of us first hand that they exist. So the Gov knows more about the subject than anyone. They cull deer, bear, Moose, It would be naïve to think they wouldn't cull nuisance sasquatch that get too close for comfort. It's likely an animal until proven otherwise. All animals belong to the government, ask any park ranger.

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Objectionable Text