Bigfoot Aroma

Do you have any evidence of this?

why yes, but not for the hormonal theory .

the captivating clean  scent  could possibly simply be the alluring effects of "Sea Breeze" ......   ;)

Hmm the sweet smell remark jars my memory.

Grew up in the country on a farm and would sometimes be outside at night gabbing with friends and we would all notice a skunky smell that would come over us with the breeze. 

Not all that strong and there are definately skunks in the area but after a while it stopped and we'd get a sweet rose-like smell with the breeze for a while.

I've been around skunks when they spray and it is incredibly strong and stays in the area for quite a while.  These gentle smells would come and go three or four times over a couple hours. 

You could say we just smelled animals and flowers but it never happened during the daytime like that.

If they can smoke cigarettes and hop rides on trains, couldn't they be using Summer's Eve?:

Lol... yeah, that might help too . of course that opens the door for many other hygiene products as well .

Hmm the sweet smell remark jars my memory.

Grew up in the country on a farm and would sometimes be outside at night gabbing with friends and we would all notice a skunky smell that would come over us with the breeze. 

Not all that strong and there are definately skunks in the area but after a while it stopped and we'd get a sweet rose-like smell with the breeze for a while.

I thought it might jar some memories. If nobody ever mentions strange things like that, they can just be passed off as another "hmmm moment" & forgotten.

I've heard the smell described by different people as like citrus fruit, perfume or flowers. And just the other day, somebody said it smelled like lavender.

The time I smelled it just outside my window, it was really strong & all of those mixed together would be a good description. It didn't last very long & then it was completely gone. It makes me wonder if they can control that smell the same as they seem to be able to control the bad ones.

• Upvote 1

Oddly enough the skunky smell was not horrendously bad and would trail off and be completely gone then the sweet smell occured and was more strong and cloying and then it would trail off.

This would happen a few times over about a two hour period.  I never really thought about it much until I read about it here.

Uh .. maybe it's not control of the smell.  Maybe there is no smell.  Maybe it's control of your nervous system, maybe it's your brain that provides the interpretation / association with whatever you find pleasant.  

Same for the unpleasant.   I stood shoulder to shoulder with another hunter I ran into in the woods one time.   Never met before.   Both very sure we had BF activity so it was cool to be able to discuss live with someone I hadn't influenced right then and there while it was happening.   What I smelled was strong, sharp, almost chemical dog crap.  What he reported was horrid B.O.  Like I said, simultaneously, noses 18" apart in the same breeze.  

Safe inside-the-box thinking doesn't account for what was happening.

Interesting thing about smell, it is strictly subjective, all "smells like xxxx" (c'mon, someone has to say xxxx = "teen spirit" :)) , no objective comparison between people.  

MIB

Edited by MIB

Quit smoking for a year, then walk thru a maternity ward and report back to us.

Yep, and any mom (and some who aren't) can tell you about the amazing baby's head scent.

Interesting about those nicer smells. Learn something new every day. :)

You could be right, MIB. Actually, I've given that theory a lot of thought. If they can put thoughts, words, & pictures in your mind, why not smells?

I smelled that horrible BO smell one night when I stepped out on the porch for firewood. It was pitch dark & I couldn't see or hear anything. I stood there for about a minute still smelling it, & then it stopped, with not even a whiff of it left. Same thing a few times with a sewer smell suddenly coming in the window. It couldn't have been ours, because the field line is on the other side of the house & ends so far from the house that we never smell it anyway.

I've had a lot of encounters with their smells & I couldn't swear that any of them were actually "in the air".

• Upvote 1

as a father I will  submit that   a clean baby can have a soft scent about their head / hair.......... however,  the diapered  end can ( and usually will ) quickly overpower it. ;)

Edited by Doc Holliday

Don't folks that suffer from mild heart attacks/strokes often say they sense unusual smells during/before the episode?

Perhaps the 'zapping' can trigger some sort of similar response, causing the brain to interpret a smell?

Just spitballing a more physical explanation perhaps...