Bigfoot Aroma

One friend's kids said it smelled like cocoa puffs............another person said it smelled like hyacinths but this was not in spring so no flowers were blooming at the time.

Edited by Sunflower

Guest lightheart

That is interesting. .... Could you tell us any more about that particular pheromone?. Is it connected in any way with pregnancy or lactation?

Edited by lightheart

Guest lightheart

Ok I read up a bit. It seems that it is a pheromone secreted by a female to entice a male. It generally causes a male to produce more testosterone and become more interested.....

Makes sense and I wonder how many other creatures produce hormones similar or not????  Is this specifically a human characteristic?  Need scientists to chime in here......... :keeporder:

At the time that I first smelt this smell it was during the null of hunting in the middle of October. What I smelt did not smell like corn flakes but had more of a rose or flowery smell. I only smelt it for a minute or so and the smell was gone but like before some weird stuff had happen before this smell. Like having logs being thrown around in the area where my stand was placed,seeing these creatures wearing animal heads like elk heads and walking around with them on. Strange stuff, stuff our Native Americans would do when they would hunt.

• 4 months later...

If you believe in coincidence or happenstance Sea-Tac is the place for you, and it may or may not derive from the word Seeahtik, by the Northwestern Oregon, and Washington Native American Indian tribes, it is a word associated with a giant 7-8 foot tall Indians known to inhabit the outdoor wilds, otherwise known as Sasquatch.

Edited by Gumshoeye

I guess I will just use a couple boxes of fruit loops to lure one in. I want to catch one so bad! I wonder if one could be caught alive. Maybe tranquilized. As a long time trapper I have used beaver castor when making trapping lures. The sweet smell of beaver castor could quite possibly be the ticket to lure one of these guys in. Is there any correlation with sightings around known beaver ponds?

I’m a naïve city boy Salmonmatt, so I hope you’ll excuse the question, but when you say castor is that like in Castor oil or something? Are you using beaver oil to lure some activity?

Beavers have castor sacs and oil sacs. They are next to each other near their genital area. Like many other mammals they will secrete fluids in aiding to find a mate or to mark their territory. The smell of this stuff is sweet and actually pleasing to the nose. Most other mammals will secrete nasty or musty smelling odors.