The Family Tree - Different Species Of Bigfoot? Or... Maybe Not? (Theory/opinion)

Me neither. I know that I probably have a dozen or more those similar reports of “kangaroo†type but I’m inclined to believe perhaps we are speaking of the same things.

Hello MIB ….

The legends of abduction I spoke about above is of Sasquatch abducting human women. The way I worded that post could be confused with the dogman abducting woman which is something I have not read about, which is interesting in itself.

Hey, Davie NC

Do you know if there is an existing thread dealing with that subject and would be an interesting subject.  

My apologies David, my fingers aren’t behaving today. Lol

I just did that after sending it into another thread too! Man o man ….

No thread I know of  dealing with abduction by Sasquatch. It comes up in different threads from time to time. Most reports are from Native American lore. The Albert Ostman story I believe Ostman said later he had the impression he was abducted to be a mate for the younger female in the group.

Edited by David NC

I went through about 70 percent of the threads and found myself pausing to read here and there along the way. Did you ever consider starting a thread like David NC? 

There is not a lot of data on the Sasquatch and abduction. They may not be anywhere as frequent now being that almost everyone has the ability to be in contact with others nearly instantaneously.

Most types of animal have more than one species. There are two or three types of Chimpanzees, Gorillas, Elephants etc.  And, they are recognizably, visually, different.  You can tell an Indian Elephant from an African Elephant, but both are reconizable as Elephants.  Even people are the same way.  Put a pygmy next to a Watusi or an Eskimo next to an Ethiopian track runner.... 

Hello Shelly, thank you for the post. It sort of lends itself to where I stand and my position about these things. From everything I read or seen and as much as I would rather not consider it, I shrug resolutely and come to grip that indeed there maybe more than one type.  

Shelly how much DNA difference is needed to be a different species? I do not know how science looks at it but the way I always looked at it is if they are close enough to breed then they should be the same species. Science lists Neandertal, humans, and Denosovians as different species yet according to science now, humans interbred with both of them.

^This. I dont buy into the bipedal dogman, either.

There is moderate evidence to suggest that a bipedal ape could exist in North America. There is zero precedent for bipedal canines, anywhere.

None.

I consider dogman to be one of those sensationalized claims that makes the rest of the community look foolish... but that's another thread, hahaha.

Who has ever said dogman is a canine breed?  It's called that due to the supposed shape of the head and snout, which some have described is shaped like a baboon's.  Dogman is just a name applied to it.

There is not a lot of data on the Sasquatch and abduction. They may not be anywhere as frequent now being that almost everyone has the ability to be in contact with others nearly instantaneously.

There is no cell phone signal in most wilderness areas.

I'm not sure if I've posted this idea before, but I think that the similarities between encounters in North America, Russia, Australia, among other countries, suggests that there is a single species that is quite widespread. We know from humans that certain differences in physical characteristics does not translate into a separate species, and it seems to me that the majority of encounters describe a creature whose main differences are superficial. 

Orang Pendek in Indonesia is very different from sasquatches.  They are probably related to Flores man (small skulls found in that region).

DWA Wrote:

There are aboriginals in Australia without the slightest vestige of seagoing capability, something I find very hard to believe a seagoing people would simply purge given all its obvious advantages.  Besides which sasquatch is reported to have an extreme aquatic component compared to other primates.  I once frowned at yowie; seeing the reports as I now have, I have to wonder what people are seeing.  I know that at various times, "island hopping" or rafting would have been plausible from the Asian mainland.  I think that once the subject is tackled by the mainstream, possibilities will be investigated that simply aren't now.

Some estimates place the Australian aboriginals to 60,000 years ago.  There have been several periods during that time when ocean levels were low enough they could cross over.  This could have allowed ancestors of Yowies a route too.

Here's a quote from an article:

"The first settlement of Australia most likely occurred during the last glacial maximum. During this time Australia and New Guinea were joined as a single land mass called Sahul. The south-east Asian continent and islands were also joined as a single land mass called Sunda. It is theorised that the first Australians crossed the sea between Sahul and Sunda about 60,000 to 40,000 years ago. Other dates have been suggested, and this timeframe is not seen as conclusive. Sunda and Sahul had a permanent water-crossing, meaning that the first Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people had to make a crossing on the open sea (see Wallace Line)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_archaeology

So, as it says above at times the land masses from the southeast Asian continent and Australia were connected.

Edited by jayjeti

As for Yowies, I've been partial to the idea that they were transported by tidal waves from one of the Indonesian Islands. Not necessarily a bigfoot type though. Possibly closer to Floresian hobbits.

Bigfoot as derived from lemur type ancestors is plausible as convergent evolution. There was a giant lemur on Madagascar when humans first arrived there. Only about a hundred pounds or so but on a whole continent perhaps it got bigger?

I'll respond to both of those statements.  Yowie's didn't need tidal waves which would have likely killed them to get to Australia, as I just responded to DWA ocean levels were low enough during some ice ages to cause land bridges to Australia.

On the second statement, I believe sasquatches are likely hominids and are not a splinter away from lemurs.  They could not be on a branch from lemurs and also be on the branch that homo sapiens derived from.

Edited by jayjeti

Couldn’t the “Yowie†presence on a land locked continent of Australia have been there a millennia of lifetimes before the great breakup of the continental shelves?

• 25 of foot tracks reported were other than five toed prints
  • 15 of 397 reported foot tracks were three toed prints
  • 9 of 397 reported foot tracks were four toed prints
  • 1 of 397 reported foot tracks were six toed prints

There are claims that alligator tracks have been confused with bigfoot tracks.  Some of the three toed tracks are likely misidentified alligator tracks whose forearm and three toed foot can combine to make a long track that looks like a big foot.  On some of the others, I wonder if on some of the supposed 4 toed tracks if two of the toes are appearing like one in some tracks.  Some people have a sixth finger or sixth toe.   I've known two different people with that anatomy.  Finding one track with six toes does not say it's a different species.

Couldn’t the “Yowie†presence on a land locked continent of Australia have been there a millennia of lifetimes before the great breakup of the continental shelves?

No, the break up of the continents from the single one was something like 200 million years ago.  Because there are no fossils of primates among the Australian species shows that no branches of that type of mammalian species developed in Australia.  I just happened to read that recently.

Edited by jayjeti