Bigfoot Beheads People?

One ability is some level of precognition. I was driving shortly after my choking incident down in California. Along the Sierra foothills on a curvy road. I had a plain as day vision of a car flying off the road in front of me and running out into a dirt field. If was vivid and in full color. Then gone. I slowed down trying to figure out what was happening to me. That may have prevented an accident. About 10 minutes later, I came around a corner in the road and the vision happened right in front of me, for real this time. A few seconds earlier the car would have hit mine. It crossed the road, went out into a field on the other side in a great cloud of dust. I checked and the driver was shaken up but he and the car were fine. Most things are not so dramatic but I seem to have an uncanny ability to "find" parking spots. Handy ability to have.

Happens. More times to me and others than can be believed, and I don't doubt you experienced this. There is some very credible research that seems to confirm time moves in an oscillating wave, not in a strictly measured and linear manner as our timepieces want to have it.  The human brain has apparently adapted to recognize these instances. You might have found one that day. Consider the experiment where subjects were asked to predict on which side of a blank computer screen the next photo would appear. The L/R appearance was a strictly randomized computer program. For ordinary photographs, the ability to predict was no better than 50%....the classic coin-toss probability. But, when the researchers inserted erotic photographs in the mix, the ability to predict rose  significantly (Granted, this was not a huge jump, just clearly in excess of the probability of randomness) So, has our brain developed precognition to predict mating opportunities? How about random acts of violence like you witnessed?  Makes the whole idea of BF existing seem sort of pedestrian, don't it?  

I should add too, the lucid dreaming period between wake and sleep is an extremely fertile ground for this type of thing to happen, I've found. It pays to be aware of your dreams early in the morning, and compare those to events of the next few hours.   

Edited by WSA

I've had dreams that have come true. It freaked me out, a lot, when it happened.

Edited by SweetSusiq

It does give a body pause, does it not? Still, maybe the way to look at this is not that you are predicting the future, but you are inhabiting the present. Thing is, what is the "present" seems to be somewhat up for grabs. Or as, a friend of mine once said after being told be "be here now": Him,  "Which now?"

JenJen,

It's much worse in the case of the Islamic terrorist beheadings because they cut their victims heads off with a knife. If you've watched any of the videos, you'll see it's more like sawing off the head. It's a slow and horrible process for the victim, since the spinal cord isn't severed until the end. Unconsciousness usually does happen fairly quickly due to hypotension, but certainly not quickly enough.

Some light reading on the subject:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/lucid-decapitation.htm

http://www.damninteresting.com/lucid-decapitation

Can you imagine the suffering that the person goes through as the brain *screams* for oxygen? Shoot me in the head to the brain, that seems to stop all life activity, and is more humane than beheading by knife is for the victim. Beheading is beyond cruel, and if BF did it, that poor person would suffer a horrible death. 

WRT "assault rifles", other than those manufactured and legally sold to civilians before 1986, they are the sole province of the military and law enforcement. By definition an assault rifle has select fire capability, that is it can be fired in both semi and full automatic modes (like a machine gun). They also typically are chambered for a lower powered or smaller caliber round than a main battle rifle, which may be either select fire, semi-automatic or even bolt action. As examples, the semi-auto M-1 Garand, firing a .30-06 cartridge was the main battle rifle of U.S. forces in WWII and Korea. The M-2 Carbine, a select fire version of the M-1 Carbine, could also be considered an assault rifle as the .30 carbine round was a reduced power load. The M-1 Garand was supplanted as our main battle rifle in 1956 by the M-14 which was designed as a select fire weapon and was chambered for the 7.62 mm/.308 caliber round. The M-14 was found to be very difficult to control in full auto fire and most were converted to semi-auto only by removal of the selector lever. The M-14 was replaced in the mid-sixties by the M-16, a true assault rifle firing the smaller, less powerful 5.56 mm round. Some M-14 rifles have been returned to service as designated marksman weapons after being restocked, tuned and accurized.

What are often mistakenly called assault rifles in the press are simply rifles that look like military weapons but in which the bolt and fire control group are configured to allow only semi-auto fire. Some civilian models also use a gas piston operating system rather than the direct impingement system used by the M-16/M-4 family. These civilian legal (depending on which state you reside in) rifles are correctly referred to either by their manufacturer's model designation, i.e. Colt AR-15 (the AR stands for Armalite Rifle), Ruger SR-556, etc., or by the generic Modern Sporting Rifle (M.S.R.).

It is not a mistake my friend..  it is very intentional and meant to be misleading..

some pretty unhealthy fixation in this thead IMO.. I'm out..

*thread*...  for some reason this entire site is acting strange for me since it was re-vamped..

You and I both know it Rex, but even though deliberate, it is still mistaken and this is for those who haven't spent over half a century (in my case) expanding our knowledge of firearms.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2998171

"The upper torso of a body was found in a garbage bag Friday on a mountain hiking trail in Suwon, Gyeonggi, the police said.

The body was missing its head, arms and internal organs. Police assume it was part of a woman’s corpse but could not confirm."

"The desperate search for 23-year-old Belgian hiker missing in Nepal for ten days came to a gruesome end when her decapitated body was found in the Himalayan Mountains.

Debbie Maveau was badly decomposed, but investigators couldn't miss the sight of her head 13 inches away from her body, discovered the near a hiking trail in Langtang National Park, Agence France-Presse reports.

She is only the latest in a string of assaults and disappearances of young women hiking alone in the rugged mountains along the Chinese border."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165297/Debbie-Maveau-23-decapitated-hiking-Himalayan-mountains-Nepal.html#ixzz3WeDyswcQ

BFF Patron

Way out of my area of expertise but sounds like more the work of a human sexual psychopath in the area since a plastic bag was part of the one crime scene. A lot of those type of psychopaths are more into the terror they impose than any sort of physical sexual contact which some cannot perform anyway. Certainly doubt that Yeti is involved.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2998171

"The upper torso of a body was found in a garbage bag Friday on a mountain hiking trail in Suwon, Gyeonggi, the police said.

The body was missing its head, arms and internal organs. Police assume it was part of a woman’s corpse but could not confirm."

"The desperate search for 23-year-old Belgian hiker missing in Nepal for ten days came to a gruesome end when her decapitated body was found in the Himalayan Mountains.

Debbie Maveau was badly decomposed, but investigators couldn't miss the sight of her head 13 inches away from her body, discovered the near a hiking trail in Langtang National Park, Agence France-Presse reports.

She is only the latest in a string of assaults and disappearances of young women hiking alone in the rugged mountains along the Chinese border."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165297/Debbie-Maveau-23-decapitated-hiking-Himalayan-mountains-Nepal.html#ixzz3WeDyswcQ

Human predator, not the big hairy feller....

Yikes, There are just too many horrible ways to die. Those poor sailors attacked by sharks, not to mention the others watching the attacks hoping they were not next, then people killed by BF, bears, or mountain lions, or plain stupidity while hiking or camping.

However, Being beheaded by a BF would rank right up there at the top of my most horrible way to die list:(

Heard the two "best" ways were being shot at age 110 by a jealous teenage lover or quietly in your sleep just like grandpa, not yelling and screaming like all his passengers in the car.

Guest Divergent1

It would be my luck to die in some undignified way, like the airborne toilet seat that took out the girl in Dead Like Me. Or like Mr. Darlin's wife on Andy Griffith that got run over by a team of hogs. At least people would remember you if bigfoot ran off with your head.

Edited by Divergent1

• masterbarber unpinned this topic