Footsteps Shake Ground And Deer Flee

georgerm

While fishing yesterday, on remote Oregon river filled with salmon, a man and his wife living in a trailer close by started talking about bigfoot. He and his wife said for the last two months during the night something slaps the building next to them. Then he said a few nights ago, he heard bipedal steps 30' from his trailer, the steps became louder, and became so loud he and his wife could feel them. They seemed shaken.

They looked out on the lighted gravel road and several deer came crashing through dense blackberry patch that is 100' by 300'  and 7' high. They heard something large crashing through the blackberries. He was totally puzzled so I gave him a few clues.

Why would footsteps vibrate the ground so they could be felt inside the trailer?

I have a theory but what's yours?

Edited by georgerm

My first guess would be a deer drive. I know they can move very quit when they want to, so when you hear footsteps like that in my opinion it is deliberate.

Guest Divergent1

I agree, kind of like the ultrasound stomps of an elephant herd. They use that to locate each other and communicate over long distances. Chances are the bigfoot has a buddy ahead of the deer and can gage how close the herd is by the vibrations of his partner's stomping.......if I had to guess.

My first guess would be a deer drive. I know they can move very quit when they want to, so when you hear footsteps like that in my opinion it is deliberate.

You are absolutely right.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have a few questions that hopefully you can clear up Georgerm. Do you mean that this story was related to you by the witnesses? If so, it sounded like they brought up the subject of bigfoot to you, and I am wondering why you think this was. Have the witnesses ever seen an actual bigfoot? If not, what made them initially think bigfoot was involved to begin with? Of course it is difficult to find someone today who doesn't know what bigfoot is. If a person's only bigfoot knowledge is from television, does that give the person enough of a bigfoot education to attribute such occurrences to sasquatch? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't know if someone would naturally attribute such actions to bigfoot, if they were only slightly familiar with the creature.

Of course it is totally plausible that every single claim could have been caused by a bigfoot, as bigfoot could physically cause such things to happen. This belief is based on a number of eyewitness reports which attribute such actions to bigfoot. But the problem is that there are also plausible explanations that do not involve bigfoot, and for this reason it is important that there is some type of evidence that places bigfoot ahead of all the other potential explanations.

As far as something hitting the side of the house, potential explanations include wild animals and humans. For someone who lives in the middle of nowhere, or has no neighbors, it is not likely that a person is responsible. If it is just a single loud bang, I suppose a deer could have ran into the wall. Repeated bangs make such an explanation less likely of course, since animals generally do not run into large solid objects, especially not repeatedly. Although a deer did run into my car once, but that is another story I suppose. Anything that had fallen, say a tree limb or whatever, would have left visible evidence that should have been discovered, with the mystery solved. You can never rule out humans, because there are always people who would do anything, even if it is not likely. The good news is that these people are relatively few, and cannot be responsible for the aggregate of reports, but only isolated incidences. The trouble is determining which incident.

Ground shaking troubles me a bit, but it is not physically impossible for this to occur, if the sasquatch's feet are striking the ground with enough force. Another consideration is the substrate that lies immediately below the ground, and how dense it is, or if it is dirt, how tightly or loosely packed that dirt is. Suffice it to say that in general the earth will carry sound waves pretty well. But it was not claimed that they heard the ground shaking, but felt it, and I am relatively certain that it would take much more power to make the ground vibrate and have the sound waves transferred to the air where they can be heard over any distance. I'm not certain of that, but it seems logical to me. If my memory serves me correctly, sound waves will retain much of their strength over a pretty good distance, and the distance you mentioned is definitely within that range. But the experiment that I recalling and using as data was performed by creating sounds within the earth, so there will be some differences.

With everything considered, I am relatively certain that the claim of a sasquatch vibrating the earth is plausible, granted that the sasquatch is striking the ground pretty hard, or if it were extremely massive. So both the claim of something hitting the house and the ground shaking could be accomplished by a bigfoot. There are numerous reports where sasquatch are interacting with deer, usually hunting them in some fashion, and herding has been reported in the past. The stomping could have been the method used for slightly altering the deers' course, but the ground shaking was more likely caused by a sasquatch that was running to stay in position for nabbing the deer. Such a hypothesis allows us to account for all of the details within the report.

The hypothesis is that the sasquatch are hunting deer, and therefore at least one of the sasquatch is running, thus striking the ground and making it shake, and sending the deer out where the witnesses saw them. The only thing that doesn't fit is the banging on the house, but it doesn't sound like this happened at the same time, but on different occasions. The hypothesis also accounts for the crashing through the blackberries, as the sasquatch was running after the deer. Why the people could see the deer and not the bigfoot is a mystery, but perhaps they only saw the deer for a second, as they came into the open. So if the bigfoot were chasing the deer, and the deer came out in the open, the sasquatch probably would have as well, unless it broke of the chase for some reason. But without knowing the layout of the land it is hard to say.

I have a few questions that hopefully you can clear up Georgerm. Do you mean that this story was related to you by the witnesses? If so, it sounded like they brought up the subject of bigfoot to you, and I am wondering why you think this was. Have the witnesses ever seen an actual bigfoot? If not, what made them initially think bigfoot was involved to begin with? Of course it is difficult to find someone today who doesn't know what bigfoot is. If a person's only bigfoot knowledge is from television, does that give the person enough of a bigfoot education to attribute such occurrences to sasquatch? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't know if someone would naturally attribute such actions to bigfoot, if they were only slightly familiar with the creature.

The discussion about BF was started by me.

Edited by georgerm

I think T rex is going to rattle your trailer by just walking by.........but a large ape? Not so much.

The only thing that is going to rattle that trailer for a Squatch is to grab the trailer.

Are there elk in the area?  A herd of elk moving will rattle yer teeth as they go by.

Very cool account tho.

There are Elk, but the witness said it was bipedal and on individual.

I think T rex is going to rattle your trailer by just walking by.........but a large ape? Not so much.

The only thing that is going to rattle that trailer for a Squatch is to grab the trailer.

I agree and this is why I was surprised with this unusual report.  At first I thought the bigfoot if it was bigfoot was just messing with the residents. Bigfoot can be so quiet, that people don't hear it enter tent camps.

That's why I was thinking along the lines of a herd of something.

The black berry patch is at least an acre along the river, and it is criss -crossed with paths. Seems like a good spot for 3 bigfoots to ambush deer. When the witnesses said deer ran out of the blackberries, then the herding concept developed. I looked for tracks on the river bank. Have we decided that bigfoot purposely avoids making tracks, since they know tracks attract humans?

The mountain top about 35 miles up the canyon has light snow and is where the river starts. One theory is the bigfoot migrate from the high cold lands in Winter, to warmer lowlands and use rivers as their highways. The river has lots of salmon now, and there are reports of bigfoots diving for salmon on BFRO. This area has historical and recent reports. A local student told me some of his deer hunter friends have told him about seeing bigfoot.

I can vouch for Bears being extremely quiet, because of their pads on the bottom of their feet. Way more quiet than a Deer or Elk.